Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

After playing Perfect Dark for a few weeks i have to say im a bit dissapointed in Rare, seems like they got 80% through the game and then rushed the last 20%, seems very buggy and unpolished in some areas

Just done the Jungle level, got to the crashed ship and my pilot died, didnt know if i had failed the whole thing or just that objective. carried on and got killed, chose restart level by accident instead of checkpoint, no bother i thought, ill be able to re-choose it as the game will know ive reached that point already........naaa, whole level again

*Turns Xbox off, looks on ebay to see how much Call of Duty 2 is*

Damn if WC 2006 looks like RTWC! they need to improve them player appearances, a lot of them look nothing like their real life counterparts!

DJ

super mick mcarthy said:
*Turns Xbox off, looks on ebay to see how much Call of Duty 2 is*

Good call, that is the best FPS out there at the moment

COD2 is excellent but Live! play is still a bit laggy/shoddy.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Any one heard anymore news about EA $ports FIFA World Cup 06 which is meant to be out in April on all platforms?

Im obviously interested in seeing what the 360 version will turn out.

DJ

It will be the same shitty game with something new added thats also shit,
a bit like shit.

jay666 said:
It will be the same shitty game with something new added thats also shit,
a bit like shit.

ye you cant miss it, always smeared under your shoes, when ya walking pass my area ;) *steps on dog poo* Damn fifa 2006!!!!

FIFA 06:RTWC was an embarassment and I'd say the same about Madeen 06. The "fuzzy vision" effect they have for the corwd and stadium in the background is PATHETIC when you have a system this powerful. I enjoyed Madden 06 on the PS2 but they ruined it on the 360 with this crappy blurry graphical effect.

EA would have been better off not developing launch titles in their sports franchises if these two were anything to go by but I haven't played Tiger Woods 06 or NBA 06 so they may be better. EA got it right with NFS:MW though, class game.

You think MW is good? I dont think visually its much good to be honest and Ive got bored with it very quickly....

DJ

Is this the same MW with the worst FMV sequences I've ever seen? They show perfectly why games can never cross over into movies well and movies never cross into games. The actors sound like they came out of their mother's womb with a cigarette in their mouth, and spout all this "I'll take your ride, AND your girl, I bet you're crapping your pants" rubbish.

They've just aimed it at the teenage boys who want cars, tits and "mother-fucking" music all in the one game, rather than the original NFS games which were just cars, and the police - make your own story, or not. Not my kind of thing at ALL, but I suspect it's a success in America. As djdavedoc says, I got bored very quickly.

Saying all that though, the PSP version seems quite good. Maybe because the FMV's aren't included.

Last edited:

Anyone here have Smash TV? I dont have anyone to play alongside.

Lol Smash TV is legendary but I havent bought it just got the trial version.

DJ

CWright said:
Good call, that is the best FPS out there at the moment

I think i may sell PD Zero and buy Fight Night when it comes out, or Ghost Recon

Gave Perfect Dark one last chance tonight, im pretty shit at it but its infuriating at times like

PDZ was too tough to play, especially online. I've only ever played the one player mode once and that was because it was Co-op with a mate.
I thought that maybe console FPSs are not for me (I'm a million times better on the PC with a mouse) but when I played the Quake 4 demo, I found it very easy to control and a lot more fun to play too.
So I'm hoping Ghost Recon is similar in terms of how easy it is to control.

by the way on markeyplace the king kong demo is on there

well wait for FNL3 its looks a top notch game,or get PGR3

Can anyone help with trying to get MCE working with the 360. Im using a Ethernet card(NIC) and a crossover cable.But I get get the two to recognise each other , please any help at this point would be great.

Cloud1863 said:
Can anyone help with trying to get MCE working with the 360. Im using a Ethernet card(NIC) and a crossover cable.But I get get the two to recognise each other , please any help at this point would be great.
if youve tryed what the www.xbox.com site has told u do this,make sure everything is connected then go to test xbox live if its all connected it will reconise and say u need to download this thing,then it should work

I doubt it matey, there aint a great deal thats XBox 1 Compatible which works with the 360... Hell we couldnt even transfer our Xbox 1 Saves to our 360!

DJ

Id rather it was a good game with no glitches and decent gameplay than the shower of shit that FIFA RTFWC was!

DJ

Come on PES6 WE10!!! :) cant wait to see the 360 version I hope Konami release some concrete proper info soon.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom