Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

I just hooked my 360 up to my mates LCD TV! OMFG!! the visuals of Fight Night Round 3's Demo is jaw dropping!!

On my TV you lose some of the Definition because the image is being stretched and because its rear projection so it loses some of the sharpness/clarity.

DJ

Classic, to be on the safe side I would buy the official HD cable but having said that the Joytech one looks as if it will do the job.

DJ

I bought the Joytech HD cable, and the Joytech VGA cable. Both are no different from the official ones (which I've had the chance to play with recently). The VGA ones (official and otherwise) produce a bit of shadowing on monitors bigger than 19", though. Which is a bit of a bastard seeing as mine's 21".

just thinking of PES for 360 i think they could easilly make graphics like they are on the PES4 & PES5´s starting video for X360 PES game.

APX said:
just thinking of PES for 360 i think they could easilly make graphics like they are on the PES4 & PES5´s starting video for X360 PES game.

Its definately possible. They've managed it with that basketball game, don't know the name (the demo you can download).

The in game player models on that look as good as those you'd find in a FMV sequence on a last-gen game

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Its definately possible. They've managed it with that basketball game, don't know the name (the demo you can download).

The in game player models on that look as good as those you'd find in a FMV sequence on a last-gen game
That would be NBA Live 06, ive got the game and yep them visuals sure look good

Means that PES6 360 should be immense!

DJ

Well, I've just (paid to) change my Gamertag. And now it won't let me onto XBOX Live. From what I've read, everyone is having this problem - only there doesn't appear to be a fix for it yet.

Boy am I tempted to get rid of this thing now.

Once you change it mate you need to Recover it, then all will be fine and you will be back in LIVE World again

When I enter the "Recovery" option I'm told that "Recovery will delete all games saved for that profile on any console"... Meaning I lose Gamerpoints etc.? Nooo way José.

Edit: In the end I thought "stuff it, I can't just not-play online any more". "Recovered" it and... All seems well. Cheers, CW, you're a dude.

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
When I enter the "Recovery" option I'm told that "Recovery will delete all games saved for that profile on any console"... Meaning I lose Gamerpoints etc.? Nooo way José.

Edit: In the end I thought "stuff it, I can't just not-play online any more". "Recovered" it and... All seems well. Cheers, CW, you're a dude.

There ya go, sometimes I do know what I`m talking about :)

lol CWright most of the time you seem to know what your talking about :)

Smartass!

DJ

I've read that someone attempted to play Forza Motorsport on an XBOX 360 and it crashes when in VGA mode and will only play on a television (like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory's update program will only run on a television). Is this true? I was going to go and buy it tomorrow.

Also, does anyone know if the Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future double-pack works on a 360? I know they'll run individually but I don't know about the double-pack. Cheers.

ctu260551.jpg

Forza is shite

Move along now, nothing to see here

Just tried the Sega GT / JSR:F Double disc, no update to download yet. Also MS emulation dept had the whole month of January off, so I wouldnt expect a game list update till later this month, maybe even March. :(

CWright said:
Forza is shite
You mean it's not over-the-top arcadey like PGR and handles realistically?! I've heard it compares to Gran Turismo realism-wise, which is what I bought the console for (hence why I've only bought one game for it so far and that's the one that came with it - although I did have Kameo but that's getting traded-in tomorrow)!

Cheers for the info Holio, much appreciated matey.

Forza is a decent game, Wrighty's just no good at it. ;)

Though the framerate sucked then and after PGR3 it's highlighted even more.

ClassicD said:
Though the framerate sucked then and after PGR3 it's highlighted even more.
So the framerate isn't improved on the 360? That's a bit disappointing... You don't happen to play it on a VGA monitor/HDTV do you? As I said above, I've read someone saying that you can only play it through an RF/composite/S-VIDEO cable (as with the online areas of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory).

Still don't know what I'm going to get tomorrow... I'm handing in Kameo and Gran Turismo 4 at my local shop, should get £65 to spend. Should be able to get a 360 game and an original XBOX game (or three original XBOX games), but I can't choose between FIFA RTWC (even if I buy it just to watch it, it's too fucking gorgeous), Call of Duty 2, PES5 (although the defaultness puts me off it completely) and Forza.

Hmmmmmm...

I didn't play Forza on 360, so I dunno but I'm sure the game is hard-coded to be locked at 30fps or whatever it is, the 360 will make no difference.

I wouldn't touch any old game now, just buy a 360 one and get the rest put on as a credit note of some sort till another one comes out.

Forza is decent but NOT decently emulated on the Xbox 360. ive noticed Sound Issues where it plays a strange sound effect at times when cars collide with each other. That and the fact we cant use our OWN soundtracks with the Original Xbox Emulation!!!!!

Goddammnnnn ittttt!!

DJ

ashmufc said:
People have been having problems with this, I would go for the official ones, and connect to your TV via component.
I'd already ordered after Chris' post, and it arrived today. Works great, thankfully!

Didn't see that post from ashmufc... As I said before, I've had the official and Joytech cables, and I've seen no difference between them. The only problem I have, which is with BOTH cables, is that they're not "high-density", meaning if you play with a VGA cable on a monitor over 19" big, you can see the slightest of shadowing, most visible on still images with white lettering. No biggie, but annoying when everything else is supposed to be perfect.

God help us PGR'ers now Classic's got hi-definition viewing... We should start a petition. :|

Lol @ Jack Bauer, well my TV isnt high def but its nice and big and im more than happy with the picture quality I get out of it. Not using the Microsoft Standard Cable which comes with the Core System I bought a Joytech Advanced RGB Scart Cable and it made one heck of a difference :)

DJ

Jack Bauer said:
God help us PGR'ers now Classic's got hi-definition viewing... We should start a petition. :|
Not the telly I play on Live with unfortunately, now I have to go back to SD after the delights of HD!

Although with PGR it's not so bad because FSAA is only at 2x on HD while it's 4x in standard def, hence why many people find HD PGR3 quite jaggy.

Well I never knew that - that's tempting me to go and get the S-VIDEO cable, the jagginess really gets on my nerves.

Went and got FIFA RTFWC and Forza - pleased with the former (get in the queue to rape me; my father, brother-in-law and nephew have disowned me). Even just to watch it... The graphics are better than real life. Incredible.

Forza though is going back tomorrow - don't know what I'm going to get instead (couldn't see Pro Evo 5 in the shop). Should have listened to what was said about the framerate - I didn't realise it was so bad that time actually slows down. I'm not keen on playing a game where a second can last for two seconds, it's ridiculous. Hopefully Forza 2 will be out soon.

Any original XBOX titles that anyone recommends? Or do I get Perfect Dark or Call of Duty 2 (even though neither look that special to me - if I wanted to play either genres I'd put Battlefield 2 on)?

If you enjoy playing PES on xbox live, PES isnt bad. Its much easier to adapt to the 360 controller than the original xbox controller.

Back
Top Bottom