Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Yeah March is its release date for us in the UK... Flawl3ss where did you get end of the year from! christ the demo is released in Jan but the full game doenst come out till 11 months later? My arse!!

DJ

Has anybody experienced problems with PGR3 stretching the image on a non-widescreen mode?

I've got the XBOX 360 set to 1280x1024, which allows the aspect ratio to be set to 4:3 (i.e. not widescreen). Yet in PGR3, the cars appear as tall as houses, as if the game is expecting to be played on a 16:9 television.

Anybody else had this? It's pissing me off now, it's only happened since I downloaded the FIFA RTWC 06 demo. That's my punishment, I suppose.

Edit: Aha, at least I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

i guess they are gonna give new update for x360 every month. but how about those gamers who dont have internet connections? should they forget buying 360?

No I wouldnt have thought so as the updates are usually to benefit us guys and gals who wanna play on Live. I dont think there are too many general offline updates.

DJ

Chris Davies said:
Has anybody experienced problems with PGR3 stretching the image on a non-widescreen mode?

I've got the XBOX 360 set to 1280x1024, which allows the aspect ratio to be set to 4:3 (i.e. not widescreen). Yet in PGR3, the cars appear as tall as houses, as if the game is expecting to be played on a 16:9 television.

Anybody else had this? It's pissing me off now, it's only happened since I downloaded the FIFA RTWC 06 demo. That's my punishment, I suppose.

Edit: Aha, at least I'm not the only one.

I found my cars were squashed with PAL-60 in the settings, but were normal looking with PAL 50.

lol 60hz actually hurts my eyes on my 42" Rear Projection TV.... weird aint it?

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Yeah March is its release date for us in the UK... Flawl3ss where did you get end of the year from! christ the demo is released in Jan but the full game doenst come out till 11 months later? My arse!!

DJ

I think I got that release date from this thread!

Or at least in the Other Game Discussion section of the site

Dude whats the likely-hood of it happening like that? the game is near enough complete and is due for a March Release.Plus as I said whats the point of releasing a decent Demo in January only to release the game an awful long time later?

March will see a lot of 360 Titles come out during the month Including Top Spin 2.

Edit Oh now ive heard they have pulled the plug on the 360 version of NHL 06! what is wrong with EA?

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:

when demo comes it dont take long till game´s out. i think games´s ready theyre testing it now and fine tuning it and next month they start to copy the discs.

Fight Night Round 3
Gameplay Price:
£39.99
Street price: £49.99
(Save £10.00)
FREE UK DELIVERY
Released: 10 March 2006

According to Gameplay its out in March...

JayM said:
Hmm... will have some money to spend at the end of the month, are 360's available in most shops now?

The supplies are coming thru slowly, its still a struggle to just walk into a shop and buy one

CWright, our local rip off merchants... oh sorry I mean Woolworths store :) appear to have quite a few in, I asked in there for a mate who wants one, but he says he is gonna wait till March as a few more good titles come out then.

DJ

Yeah ok mate we knew there was a thread on the Xbox 360 version of PES. But thanks anyway.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Yeah ok mate we knew there was a thread on the Xbox 360 version of PES. But thanks anyway.

DJ

Easy mate, he was just passing on the info. I never check the other board so I wouldn't have seen it.

The point I was trying to make is that so far we havent got any real decent concrete information about 360 PES, just some vague details that suggest it might be a new next gen version and it might come out around about normal time which is October. None of that is concrete yet so really I think the info is useless in honesty but as ive stated in other threads we are all entitled to post our opinions so my apologies to ThomasGOAL if he was posting that to be useful.

DJ

correct.

It was a limited thing. Dont feel too hard done by though, it was a cheapo mini version of the real remote you can buy for £19.99.

I still find it very useful for switching to the next track of my mp3 player and for DVDs, especially since the extra stuff on the real remote is stuff I dont need.

What the hell is the point of the XBOX Live arcade games? I've bought 2100 worth of points so I can change my gamertag (at a cost of 600), and so I wondered what I could waste the rest on. I took an hour to download a trial version of each game up for offer and... They're all bloody diabolical! Not to mention boring as fuck!!

Marble Blast Ultra - roll a marble. Around a maze. Over 100 levels.
Mutant Storm Reloaded - poor man's Geometry Wars, with bubbles.
Wik - The make-an-elf-jump-left-and-right game. :|

At first I just thought it was Microsoft being a bit cheeky, then I thought it was a bit stupid (who would spend £20 on points to buy a few shitty minigames that will last five minutes when they could pay £40-£50 for something that will last at least a month). Then I thought, the only people buying these games will be kids like my nephew, who get £15 a week for doing fuck-all but can't wait ONE MORE WEEK and buy a "real" game, instead buying three shit titles from developers such as "Pop Cap Studios" and "Amazing Games 4 Next 2 Noth-Inc". Which are swapped at GAME for £1 each the week later.

But you can only buy these games by spending £20 at GAME on a top-up card or via a credit card, which kids obviously don't have, so... What is the point?

I can understand someone buying the billiards game (I wonder if World Championship Snooker will be banned from the XBOX 360, haha), or even the Geometry Wars one (which is not at all repetitive once you've got your highest score, honestly), but all the others? Who bought their XBOX 360 to play Tetris with fireworks going off in the background? Surely they could have got a GBA or even a DS? After playing Wik, I was stunned. I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Wik would run nicely on the Commodore 64, for fuck's sake. I had to check my calendar to make sure it was 2006.

For whatever reason people spend their hard-earned cash on them, whatever investment MS put into the "arcade" would surely have been better going into better testing, or the backwards-compatibility department. I thought there would at least be one update per month. Looks like I'll never be able to play the Oddworld games, which is what I actually bought the console for in the first place...

Rant over. Just thought I'd share.

And just to rant again... Saw this post elsewhere and couldn't agree more.

pesswede said:
It seems like half of the people you meet are cheaters..and everyone plays whit brazil...i mean comone..how boring isn't when you played against the f*****ing brazil for the hundred time in a row..
Exactly why I will never buy or play PES for the 360, unless it's in a tournament or league where all of the players have been assigned seperate teams. Isn't there something that can be done in future versions to limit this? If one person is Brazil, better than a hundred. I have no interest in playing Brazil every match, even if I play as Brazil too. To me it's akin to being born and raised around your local English League One side and supporting Chelsea. If there's ever a Tranmere in Pro Evo, what would be the point in playing online? None whatsoever. Not fun. You don't play PGR3 only to find you're in a soap-box racer and your opponent's in a McLaren F1. And vice versa.

I've never quit in the middle of a game on the 360 yet, and I couldn't bring myself to even if I bought PES and every game was Brazil v Portsmouth, or Brazil v Brazil, unless I was part of one of a hundred PES online-ran leagues which fall apart after 90% of the people quit after two games. Which stops me from buying it. Which is a shame because it could be so much better.

Last edited:

Regarding the PES thing, yes it is annoying as fuck. I used to play online on the XBox but now play online on the PS2. 8/10 people pick Brazil, and there are lots that wait for you to pick a club team then rush and choose Brazil. Its absolute bollocks.

But that isn't the topic of the thread, so I'll refrain from taking that rant any further. With regards to the arcade games, I think they are ingenius. Overpriced, no doubt. But every arcade game I've downloaded and played I've found very addictive and time consuming, and above all, plain old fashioned fun.

If they were cheaper, I would actually buy the full versions. But as it stands, I'm not willing to pay upwards of £4 for an arcade game, as fun as they are.

I enjoy playing Zuma, its quite addictive.
Does anyone know what the update on Monday actually did?

Back
Top Bottom