Manchester City Thread

Nothing wrong with the goal but how Newcastle finished the game with 11 is beyond me.

Hopefully Nasri's injury isn't as bad as is feared

Nothing wrong with the goal but how Newcastle finished the game with 11 is beyond me.

Hopefully Nasri's injury isn't as bad as is feared

Yeah watching Newcastle these days is similar to watching Stoke 2.0 at times. That challenge on Nasri was beyond comprehensible. Then again.. Dumbass of a Pardew is in charge there so perhaps the "tactics" aren't all that shocking.

Not sure how that's worked out. Can't see it being based on all shots.

edit: Actually, we avg around 4.5 goals a game at home (mental!) so it might

Last edited:
Yeah, Yaya has been on fire. Never seen him take a freekick before 2013 and now he's taking them for both the club and the country!

A more detailed analysis:

99%20INFOGRAPHIC.ashx

Last edited:
Marcos Lopes, brazil born portugese kid, just turned 18. Came from Benfica a few years ago. Scored last season in the FA Cup. Setup a goal in the first leg with a nice backheel. 2 assists tonight. Looks promising :)

Never seen him playing although I know some Benfica fans who were upset when this boy leaved the club. They claimed he could have been a marquee player for us. Well well, kid is looking great so far

Last edited:
So...had to happen eventually. Accordingly MCFC's annual report, they do not comply with FFP as it has been laid out by UEFA. Also, they do not mention financial fair play once in the 106 page report. Interesting to compare to Chelsea, who mentioned compliance all the time.

Will they do anything? Seriously doubt it. But should at least test FFP.

Also, City made 47m (!!!) by selling 'intellectual property' to an unnamed third party. What IP does a football club ffs?!

On a side note, the Annual Report is absolutely glorious. One of the nicest I've ever seen, and far and away the best football one I've come across.

Last edited:
2nd highest turnover in the league. Zero debt. 50m loss (halved again) but some of that is on facilities etc and will be exempt for FFP.

Next year will be lower still considering the wage bill has shrunk.

Can't stop the blue juggernaut!

It is impressive that City have only slightly lower commercial income than United, despite obviously starting substantially later. It's less impressive when you consider the single largest contributor to that number is Etihad.

Will be interesting to find out what wages the new crowd are on. As in the notes, there's an additional net spend of 84.1m not included in these financials (on the 4 new players, minus Tevez) which would pull the losses down well over 100m.

Wages of 233m are 42% higher than United. Cripes.

The likes of Negredo are on 75k a week whereas the likes of Barry, Kolo etc have been on closer to 100k. Tevez was on 190k with Mario and Adebayor somewhere inbetween.

We won't face sanction. Revenue is up, losses are down considerably and profit is around the corner (before transfers, we are operating on a 30m profit). FFP allows you to fail the aggregate figure if the trend is towards compliance. Halving losses 2 years in a row is a good base for next years/this season's figures, esp. with the new TV deal etc. We'll also be able to write off the wages of players signed before 2010, which will include Tevez and others, amounting to around 80m overall, meaning we will very likely pass FFP

It should be noted that that wage bill includes all staff and may include any payoffs with regards managerial changes. I can't see how our signings last season (rodwell et al) will have increased the player's wages by that much.

Last edited:
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

City can only do what comes naturally , this is a very all out attacking force. At least Chelsea drew :LOL:
I hope Aquero is alright I think he deserves everything positive for him.

Anything is better than Chelsea winning the PL (even after selling Mata to us), and if we really want to see Utd kick into transfer overdrive I can think of nothing better than City taking the title with such dominating play.

At least the Gunners always have next year.. Or the next.. Or the next

Ehm I guess Pool winning I would suck too but at least it would probably lead to the creation of some wacky new religion

Last edited:
Enjoy it while it lasts ;)
José will probably play David Luiz, Mikel and Matic crowding the midfield, park the bus and grind out that good old 0-0 and that's when the Gunners will get back on top!

Totally outplayed Spurs.
Impressive performance.
I hope Agüero gets well soon, what a delight to watch...that finish and also that first shot against the post.

We miss Vertonghen...Dawson is not good enough.

But all credit to City.

Back
Top Bottom