Manchester City Thread

Come one Rentboy, you must know better than that.
In a globalized world nobody cares about the national level. Do you really think that those sugar daddies invested in PSG and Monaco in order to win Ligue 1 and nothing more than that ?

Football nowadays is only about the CL and nothing but the CL. The national league is nothing more than the road to the CL.

Wait what will happen when the next television contract will be up for talks in France. PSG, Monaco, Lyon and maybe Lille will ask a bigger share of the money or will else threaten to negotiate their own contract...

Maybe you are right and they are after the CL, most of all. But winning a domestic league is nice too, so instead of buying English or Spanish clubs, those guys bought French clubs. It was an emerging market, so I think it makes sense for them, to get a stronger foundation and build confidence by winning their local league. And then they can think about the CL, in the long run.

But my point is: I think the so called "sugar daddies" would still have appeared anyway.

Before Abramovich, there were other forms of financial domination from teams like Arsenal and United for instance, as you mention. And even with such two strong teams in England, Chelsea was able to leapfrog them to the top for a number of seasons.

But I really think Abramovich would have showed up regardless. The existence of the "monopoly" of the bigger teams (G14) wasn't the main reason why sugar daddies started taking over football clubs. I imagine they would anyway, the difference is that they would probably have to dish out less money to build their squads.

However, now the market isn't so ripe anymore for new investors to throw their hundreds of millions at a football club. Too many of them have been doing the same, now prices are inflated and skewed and this thing is spinning out of control. Let's just see where Monaco ends up, but I suspect their owners will have to do even more to have some success domestically or in the CL.

don't think barcelona is scared of city at all. they're rightfully frustrated because apparently they've drawn the best team (by far) among runner-ups. that's it.

with Barcelona's defence I wouldn't be surprised if they run riot.

That's one of the things that simply is not true at all but people repeat as a mantra. Barcelona defense is one of the best in Europe, that's the reason why it's one of the top teams with less goals conceded each season, both in La Liga and CL. And by far the team with less shots against.

Defending is also denying the ball to your opponent and make him play inside its pitch. At this, Barcelona is the best defensive team ever.

Now, the problem of Barcelona is dead ball situations and very quickly counters which normally are more a responsability of the midfielders than the defenders. And it's true that the last 2 seasons the team is more vulnerable than before (because of the lost of Abidal). But I would say we have a vulnerable defensive midfield, if anything.

But after all, in two of the best matches of City this season they have conceded 5 goals, so I would rate City's defense worse than Barcelona. It's the midfielders speed and strength that I fear the most from City.

Hope both Aguero and Messi are back fit. We need Kun in these types of matches, he's a big game player, and it'd be a shame to face Barca without Messi - even if it would make it more difficult.

City have all the tools that could cause Barca serious problems at their disposal.

But Messi returning should rejuvenate them and squeeze them through. Rooney has had some success drawing Kompany higher up the pitch and out of his comfort zone and Messi should cause even more problems in that regard.

My statement wasn't about you guys or Barca.

No doubt you guys are better than that Arsenal team. And Barca definitely looks more vulnerable since then.

I was merely remembering and commenting on the skills of Leo Messi. I have yet to see such a performace from a player.

Hart back, huge game for him. Won't be helped tho by picking Clichy at RB. Milner would have been the best choice imo.

Not a fan of Dzeko and Negredo upfront together away from home either. Play Silva or Nasri behind 1 and dominate the middle of the field completely.

Oh well, I thought it a mistake to go 2 up top against Arsenal...

Another 4 goals and could have had 12 or more. Dzeko wasted 5 on his own. He's not good enough. 1 good game every 10 or 20 that bloke.

Brilliant assist by Negredo.

And a comedic OG by Kompany :LOL: He had blood in his eye just before that so dunno if that explains the swipe. Still, doesn't matter how many you score (or we score for you!), we'll score more!

44482714.jpg

Served us quite well really but what does formation matter when you're the best attacking team England has seen for over 50 years and the highest scorers in Europe?

Nice that you're thinking about us 9 mins before your game :SMUG:

as far as I'm concerned citeh have always been playing 4-4-2, the 2 as agüero-negredo/dzeko. you can't say kun is a midfielder.

Served us quite well really but what does formation matter when you're the best attacking team England has seen for over 50 years and the highest scorers in Europe?

Really? That's news to me, I don't see you guys holding any significant Title or Record, how did you figure that out? I'm bit curious...

As for the 2nd part: I like to watch football, what can I say :P

Hahahahahahaha.

Okay.

Maybe we should just give City 4 trophies now, I didn't realise how much better they were than any team in 50 years.

Highest scorers in Europe? This is the first time you've ever made it out of the group stages. Steady on young fella, come back when you've won something.

Hahahahahahaha.

Okay.

Maybe we should just give City 4 trophies now, I didn't realise how much better they were than any team in 50 years.

Highest scorers in Europe? This is the first time you've ever made it out of the group stages. Steady on young fella, come back when you've won something.

Wtf? Idiot. Scoring the most goals for over 50 years doesn't necessarily = the best team overall.
You have to go back over 50 years to find a team scoring more goals than us. Just a fact.
Highest scorers in Europe, not just the CL.

Attempting to patronise me with "young fella" can't make up for the lack of an argument. Sorry.

Woh there, Scoring the most goals for over 50 years? You're not even close to our 2010 record, get a grip mate.

You still have a long way to go, don't get cocky over little shit, really.

Woh there, Scoring the most goals for over 50 years? You're not even close to our 2010 record, get a grip mate.

You still have a long way to go, don't get cocky over little shit, really.

We'll see come the end of the season, we're on track to beat your record, but half the season gone, it's just a fact - a fact I only brought up because you made a very odd post.

And really, you're going to talk about me being cocky after your posts in the other forum? :CONF:

Last edited:
Wasn't that odd. Before Negredo came off you weren't anything special, something that struck me giving your usual offensive display, switching back to that 4-2-3-1 and there you were again. Something one should keep an eye on for the next games ;)

PS: Stop making up facts, you're good we get it, but not good as you think you are.

Sometimes games require an extra man in midfield, something I'd advocated a few times this season, but 90% of the time we've played 4-4-2 and it's served us pretty well -at least judging by the 85 goals etc.

I'm not making up facts. Most goals at this point since Sunderland over 50 years ago and more goals than Munich, Real, Barca et al.

Wasn't that odd. Before Negredo came off you weren't anything special, something that struck me giving your usual offensive display, switching back to that 4-2-3-1 and there you were again. Something one should keep an eye on for the next games ;)

PS: Stop making up facts, you're good we get it, but not good as you think you are.

Oscar is a disgrace! Kicks fellow countrywomen ,then makes a Muppet out of Mourinho!

Omg that is a crime , that ref has to go in jail for that , what a beauty goal disallowed!!!

Ref has fucked up this match , I see a red card coming or a broken leg

Back
Top Bottom