Manchester City Thread

Very poor performance from us today. First 20 mins we looked decent and it looked like we'd score a few more, but Aguero misses the chance to put us 2-0 up and from then on we were so sloppy on the ball and in the end were resorting to just blasting it out of our own penalty area.

Normally I'd agree with Pellegrini's decision to sacrifice a striker to gain more control in the game but not for Garcia - anyone but that waste of space.

We need to sell that joker on Jan 1st

City`s away form hasn`t improved. After 20 min. they just seem comfortable to play out the same tempo. No urgency ! Pantilimon did very well , his height is instrumental coming out of the box catch crosses. Whereas Hart would of been dodgy .

We're unbeaten in 2 away games so it has improved a bit! :LOL:

A pt at Southampton isn't a bad result but today was not a performance of champions. If we don't beat you I can't see us winning it this year

He'll play against Bayern and Leicester most likely. Until Panty fucks up he's gonna be on the bench. Dunno if Pelle has an eye on another GK but I'd hope his priorities lie elsewhere CB, CM and LB are more pressing

We're unbeaten in 2 away games so it has improved a bit! :LOL:

A pt at Southampton isn't a bad result but today was not a performance of champions. If we don't beat you I can't see us winning it this year
you're underestimating the league! 8pts clear is good in April, not December :LOL:

He'll play against Bayern and Leicester most likely. Until Panty fucks up he's gonna be on the bench. Dunno if Pelle has an eye on another GK but I'd hope his priorities lie elsewhere CB, CM and LB are more pressing

Well thats my point, he's barely getting an opportunity and the Casillas rumour isn't going away.

Wouldn't mind losing to Bayern if both their goals weren't offside. Even the 2nd involved an offside which led to the corner. 3 offsides involved in 2 goals. Not bad...

Wouldn't mind winning 3-2 either ;)

Brilliant character from us tonight. :COOL:

...and just a Neuer shinpad away from topping the group argh!

Last edited:
You shouldn't have done that. Bayern stepped up their game a couple of gears after a similar consolation defeat against Arsenal last season.

Holy shit. Pellegrini thought we needed to win 5-2 to top the group! That's why he brought on Rodwell instead of Aguero!

:LOL: Our best away win for many months away at the European Champions but "typical City" is still alive and kicking! :FAIL:

Don't think Bayern cared that much - at least that's what Rafa Honegstein was sayin. Happy to top group, a lot like last year. Still, good win for City in terms of momentum and what not.

Coming second is painful though, I believe you can only face (as United, Arsenal and Chelsea will/won their groups:)
Real
PSG
Barca (assuming they win)
Atleti

right?

Apparently Pelligrini did the math wrong, and thought he needed > 4-2 to go through first. Says he would have brought on Aguero if they'd got a fourth.

Oops.

15 points. A CL record for 2nd.

I don't think we need fear anyone with Kompany, Yaya, Nasri, Aguero and a match fit Silva (who was still good tonight half fit) back in the team. A decent defensive (non cup-tied) player in Jan would help things too

I'd fancy our chances against Atletico and PSG but if we're gonna draw a top team, fuck it, I want Barca!

Last edited:
You shouldn't have done that. Bayern stepped up their game a couple of gears after a similar consolation defeat against Arsenal last season.

Not ! raining on City's parade they did good and made the PL proud n such.I think a knock out round is more important . Then, a group point system. Bayern 3-3 Arsenal on agg. 1 goal n Arsenal would of gone through. I do understand your point... This just woke a sleeping giant called FC Bayern!

Nasri's been trying to take on the entire Arsenal team :LOL:

Strange player, used to rate him but haven't been impressed since he's been at City.

been incredible today though.

Another rival destroyed :ROCK:

Nasri has been brilliant since Pellegrini has been in charge. It's clear Mancini couldn't get the most out of him. Nasri likes an arm around him, as they say.

Bit annoyed The Fern didn't get the penalty. He was great again today. In the last 5 or 6 games he's just been getting better and better. He looked sheepish at first.

Hope Aguero is OK (and Koscielny)

I saw that coming , City its really strong team under Pellegrini and Nasri has been brilliant , I Like Nasri so I'm glad hes doing good !

we have to play city on 26 dec , I really hope we will be better than Arsenal this game and City not as good as today :D

Despite their brilliance City will not win it if they don't buy a half decent Gk.
Both Pantillimon and Hart are very poor.
With an alert forward Arsenal could have scored 3 or 4 goals more, that is the nummer of times that clown let the ball slip out of his hands. Very poor GK.

Back
Top Bottom