Manchester City Thread

Team for today.

Big ask for Demichelis, will be interesting how he does. Not an ideal game to be without Vince.

Probably makes sense to sacrifice a forward for another man in the centre tho would prefer Milner's mobility and workrate in there instead of Garcia's err... model-esque looks :CONFUSE:

Personally would have picked Navas on the right for his pace on the break but can't argue against Nasri this season.

----------------------Hart

Zabaleta--Demichelis---Nastasic----Clichy

---------------------Garcia-----------------

------------Fernandinho-----Yaya

----Nasri------------------------------Silva

---------------------Aguero

Capable of winning but would take a draw!

buy a good keeper if you want to achieve something...someone like Casillas or Caballero... Hart is overrated.

Kevin-Keegan-v-Liverpool.jpg

Didn't deserve that.

Toure went missing again for the last 15-20 mins, as he always seems to do, just when City were starting to grasp control of the game.

Yaya's strength isn't stamina but to say he always goes missing is silly.

Plus, we were already in control for the vast majority of the game. If anything put a dent in that later on it was the subs. Certainly wouldn't have brought Nasri off. Him, Silva, Aguero looked very dangerous

Anyway...

thought we played well today. Not many teams go to Stamford Bridge and are the better team. Silva again the best player on the pitch, imo, and Nasri played his part alongside him. Thought we lost a bit of spark when he was replaced by Navas.
Pundits talk about width all the time but for me we play out best stuff through the middle. Sure sometimes moves break down but most of the time crosses end up going to noone. I find quick short 1 /2 touch passing to be more pleasing on the eye as well but I think you have to play with 1 up top, not 2, to get the most of it. You need to allow your midfielders to run in behind the forward and having the extra man in CM allows you to do that. A wideman/winger is a good option to have but it wasn't needed for us today. I thought Pellegrini got his shape and selection pretty much right today but the sub was the wrong call imo. Said so at the time.

Fernandinho has been slowly improving for us and today was probably his best game.
Garcia wasn't all bad for a change but we need someone else in that role.
Clichy has looked shaky this season. I don't know what it is because since he's been at City he has been great, bar the few games last year when shoehorned into a back 3 by Mancini.
Zabaleta hasn't quite hit the heights of the last 2 years either.
Nastasic wasn't at fault at the end but he's been giving away silly fouls so far this season. He was the best young player in the PL last term and definitely is no donkey. It's a lot to ask for a guy who's just turned 20 to be the only ever present defender. He's a classy defender and has a big future but CB is an area we desperatley need to strengthen. Utd seem to fail at signing CMs and we're the same with CBs. We've all known about it for over a year now and Demichelis, who didn't do that badly today, isn't enough.

As for Hart, well, he's suddenly started rushing out of his goal the last few months. It has cost us already this season and he was lucky with it for England recently. Seen some say that he should have caught it anyway, take the red and give the free kick away but we had already used our subs. Not sure we would have got the draw with Chelsea bombarding our area with an outfield player in goal ...if we had even survived the free kick. Would have made for great viewing tho! :LOL:. Dunno who would be the best choice?? Zabaleta maybe? Not the tallest but won't shirk a challenge. Negredo?
Hart has shown he is much better than this so, for me, talk of replacing him is too early but his time is running out.

Overall tho I'm not flapping yet. We look good but these moments of madness have to stop soon or it will cost us a true title challenge nevermind the title itself

Last edited:
Should have got the draw. Have to blame Hart for the balls up, he needs to be yelling so they can hear him back in Manchester.

Wonderful goal from Aguero who looked lively, I thought City controlled the tempo of the game pretty well until the last 10 minutes or so. So much talent in that squad, and imagine being able to bring on Negredo, Navas and Dzeko as impact subs!

ruined a perfectly weekend.... I will pour red wine on my wife`s dress now, just to get a hard slap on the face and an hour rant of my carelessness of a man. I would think of Hart and the gift wrap 3pt he gave to Chelsea...

Good to see sense in here, the goal was Harts fault, Nastasic should have taken another look to see where the keeper was but Hart had no reason to be charging out. I watched the game with a group of friends (who's only experience of defending is with FIFA) and they all reckon it was Nastasics fault entirely, saying he should have just found Row z instead of heading it back. They reckon I blame Hart just cause of my long standing hatred of him, imo he hasn't been brilliant since that loan season with Birmingham and because of that one season he's remained over rated blah blah blah..

Disagree with Gerd on Nastasic though, imo he was the best young defender in the league behind Rafael last season and this year is coming back from an injury that halted his momentum. But I honestly thing he's showing the right progression to becoming one of the best defenders in the world.

Yaya's strength isn't stamina but to say he always goes missing is silly.

Plus, we were already in control for the vast majority of the game. If anything put a dent in that later on it was the subs. Certainly wouldn't have brought Nasri off. Him, Silva, Aguero looked very dangerous
The funny thing is I think it doesn't usually affect him as much if he's behind the striker rather than as a CM, yet it still did in that game. Pellegrini probably missed a trick by not swapping Toure and Fernandinho, who tore Chelsea to pieces in the CL last season from behind the striker at Shakhtar.

Should have done! Must have had 30 attempts on goal and that's a huge number considering we like to walk the ball in.

Norwich are poor but we were excellent. Silva once again magnificent. Can't praise him enough.
More encouraging signs from Fernandinho, would be interested to see his interception stats.
Yaya with another beast of a free kick.

Unlucky to only get 7 :D

Back
Top Bottom