Manchester City Thread

Nasri was very good in the previous meeting at Old Trafford as well. In fact he usually does play pretty well against Man Utd, with the exception of "wallgate".

Can't complain with how things are going atm. Another mauling of a near rival (tho ony in geographical terms this time), a good run out for Lopes who looked sharp, another Yaya freekick (clone of the other 2 - that's something like 6 goals in 7 games for the BEAST!), a first goal for Jesus, Richards back raiding down the wing and 90mins for Jovetic who showed that he's going to be a cracking signing and netted twice. His flicks and constant willingness to receive the ball will see us scoring some beautiful goals when you add Kun, Silva, Nasri n co to the mix.

Can't complain one bit :)

I think a lotta Utd fans really really hope that the game against you lot convinced em that perhaps it can't hurt to ramp up the scouting and acquisitions a bit

Don't blame it on the linesman. That is oh so cheap.
What a shitty way to concede that Weimann goal.

It was off-side but you immediately cacelled that one out. Afterwards Villa scored another two without help (except from City). You are far more intelligent than this.

Don't blame it on the linesman. That is oh so cheap.
What a shitty way to concede that Weimann goal.

It was off-side but you immediately cacelled that one out. Afterwards Villa scored another two without help (except from City). You are far more intelligent than this.

He was a dick all game.

Anyway, that was one of our best performances of the season. We were so dominant and looked like a title winning team. Nasri being taken off and rested for Bayern was a sign of how easy we were having it. Nasri is making Kolarov look good so far this season and the change gave Villa a bit of hope with our left side disappearing. Stupid free kick given away and a fuckup later we had lost.

Obviously not happy with the result but I'm not bothered overall. Watching us play today brought back memories of the 2011/12 season when we were ripping everyone to shreds. Individual errors cost us today, it was one of those crazy games, but errors can be ironed out.

I'm confident heading into the Munich game but even if we lose my confidence will remain. (we're going to lose 6-0 now, aren't we? :P)

nnz8.jpg

yidc.jpg

iw1l.jpg

8y7p.jpg

jrsq.jpg

wz6r.jpg

Hopefuly!

Will be interesting to see how Manuel sets up.

Personally I'd probably drop a striker for Silva and get an extra body in midfield. Bayern will probably dominate possession but we need to make sure they don't dominate it too much, and we need to be dangerous on the break with through balls for the pace of Navas and Kun

Navas------Nasri-------Silva

-----------Aguero

I think City are going to win tonight, and surprise a lot of people with the performance.

This is exactly the type of match City's players get up for.

Home.

We beat them at home 2 years ago but they had already qualified.

If last time is anything to go by, we'll definitely lose away after getting cheated out of 2 early pens!

------------Hart----------

Richards---Kompany---Nastasic---Clichy

-----------Yaya-----Fernandinho------

Navas---------------------------Nasri

-------------Aguero---Dzeko

Risky lineup from Pellegrini. We could get totally outnumbered in the middle. I know Aguero will drop back sometimes but that's not his game.

It's the other 3 games that we need to win but still... I'm scared :CONFUSE:

Time for Hart to sit on the bench. That's a given.

The real problem is the team selection. I don't understand how Pellegrini can pay 2 up front again against Bayern after watching the same outcome in the 1st half of the friendly a few months ago.
I can only guess that he hoped we'd blow them away in the opening 30mins, a la Utd ...but this is Bayern and it's a Pep team ...it's 4, 5, even 6 vs 2 in midfield at times.

Get Silva on for the Bosnian lump

Wait, what?

"Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 37m
90. In the first of 3 additional minutes. City have created some good chances in the closing stages and on another day might have nicked it!"

Wait, what?

"Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 37m
90. In the first of 3 additional minutes. City have created some good chances in the closing stages and on another day might have nicked it!"

Could have nicked a point (and what a travesty that would have been) but a win? no

poor city, poor middlefiled, attackers totally cut off because of poor middlefield players. i feel sorry for every forward playing for city because it can't get into a chance with such a slumpy middlefield.

poor defence (long time known fact).

poor hart (he should go on the bench).

facepalm_by_tothemoon66-d4x5xq3.jpg

To be fair to them, they probably played against the best team in the world.

And ona more cynical note: another world class performance by world class GK Joe Hart. If he ever stood out in the EPL (but did he ever ?) that is because most EPL GK's are a cut beneath the absolute world class. Cech might be the exception, but if you compare Hart to Neuer, Buffon, Casillas, Courtois he is pretty average, even in his best days.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you have to say it was a very risky way to set the team up. Gotodelli called it exactly, playing two strikers (Dzeko and Aguero) who were not really going to drop back and slot into midfield (Dzeko just doesnt really do this, and while Aguero might he wasnt fully fit) gave the midfield no protection from the front. It might have been better to go for a single physical striker (either Dzeko or Negredo - Tevez, had he not moved, might have been good) and play Jovetic (or a fully fit Silva) behind him. Jovetic could have added a bit more numeric protection to Fernandinho and Toure, both of whom were swamped in midfield, often they would get the ball and there just wouldnt be a pass for them to play. The flanks were very attack orientated too, neither Navas nor Nasri are noted for putting in great defensive shifts, and Richards is the sort of full back who bombs forward. I'm guessing Zabaleta was injured or suspended, otherwise he would have been in the team. But even then Pellegrini might have been better using someone like Kolarov as a wide midfielder (almost as another full back in front of the existing one).

As people say, Bayern are a great team, but sloppyness from Hart really cost City. Letting in a goal like that in the first 10 mins changes the game totally, City have to attack and this just opens up more space for Bayern. City's best hope would have been to keep it tight for 60-70 mins, wait for Bayern to tire at the end of the game - as can happen with Guardiola's pressing teams - and hope to capitalise. They couldn't afford to let the game run away from them, but with Hart playing so badly and the formation they played City were always odds on to buckle in the first hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom