Manchester City Thread

I've been saying it for years.
At his best Heart was a good gk, but he never was the best EPL gk, not even close.
The last two seasons he is liability. In Belgium alone we have 4 better GK 's: Courtois, Mignolet, Casteels and Proto.

I have to concede that i'm biased because i really like Joe Hart. He is one of the rare football players who always see
S to have genuine pleasure when playing. I like that a lot.z

save percentage top 10 last season.

goalkeeper-save-percentage.jpg

i can see Jaaske-fuckin-lainen but where is joe hart mate?
you talk about consistency but Jaaske-fuckin-lainen has been a solid goalkeeper for well over a decade..

The less games the higher the percentage. I thought Cesar was a beast of a keeper ,not by this logic. Petr is the best keeper in the land .

save percentage top 10 last season.

goalkeeper-save-percentage.jpg

i can see Jaaske-fuckin-lainen but where is joe hart mate?
you talk about consistency but Jaaske-fuckin-lainen has been a solid goalkeeper for well over a decade..

seriously? Mucha barely played and Mignolet maybe missed two matches in last two seasons for Sunderland... ;)

I think Cech is comfortably the best keeper in the league at the moment and there aren't really that many close to him. The next best will probably be Courtois when he joins them. There are other good keepers but the have problems with aspects of their game (Mignolet looks a bit nervous on crosses, Hart looks a bit flappy with shots from distance) and they are not quite the level of Cech yet, although given their age they might get there.

what a poor performance by man.city defense, especially pablo zabaleta.

they must buy decent defender.

Zabaleta was in the EPL team of the season......

One poor game does not render him a bad player.....

Although why anyone wants to sign Dimi is a mystery. Diaster Dimi.....

Zabaleta was in the EPL team of the season......

One poor game does not render him a bad player.....

Although why anyone wants to sign Dimi is a mystery. Diaster Dimi.....

Wasn't Demichelis in the LL team of the season?

Either way, he can't be as big a liability as Lescott is, nevermind Garcia!! :SHOCK:

man.city problems:

- weak defense without kompany;

- underachieving middlefield (not creating good chances for its forwards);

- selfish aguero.

I think they are still missing a De Jong type player. There is no natural midfield protector in their squad, Javi Garcia simply isnt good enough to be a defensive midfielder in a physical league, Rodwell perhaps could do defensive job (although in my opinion it's not his natural role) but he has massive injury and stamina issues. As it is City will end up having to give more and more defensive duties to Yaya Toure and/or Fernandinho, both are capable of doing this but they are more box-to-box midfielders, and if they have to drop back to shield the defence it will reduce the attacking threat of the team and also lead to the out-and-out attacking midfielders (Nasri, Silva etc, the real creators) getting isolated.

There were a lot of rumours about De Rossi joining a few years ago and that would certainly have given them better options, or someone like Lars Bender or Luiz Gustavo could have been a good defensive midfield signing for the squad too.

City's problem is that they are only interested in very high profile players, why not buy a simple decent DMF...a player like one of the Bender brothers for instance..there must be dozens like that and even lower profile (Why not a very good championship player like Brighton's Liam Bridcutt, there must be some very good players in the championship who can perfrom well in the premiership).

Other example of a lower profile player: Claudio Yacob from WBA...

PS: in the end it seems that those sugar daddies club somehow miss something...like i already wrote in the Chelsea thread, Chelsea under Abramovich despite all the money invested, never seemed like the finished article...there was always missing something. It seems one can say this also for this Man City team, hece the fact thatthey are massively underachieving in the CL. And the fact that they enede up in groups of death is a lame excuse if you have that kind of money... Could it be the fact that one can buy anything except real team spirit ? Except players who play in a serving role ? Maybe that kind of player should earn more ? Who is the most important Real Madrid player ? IMO Xabi Alonso and not the stars...

Last edited:
2nd half was more like the City I know. Play like it on the weekend and we'll batter Utd.

Much better from Nasri and hopefully Pellers knows now that Yaya should play CM not DMF. Fdinho is more suited to that role than the Ivory BEAST!

2nd half was more like the City I know. Play like it on the weekend and we'll batter Utd.

Much better from Nasri and hopefully Pellers knows now that Yaya should play CM not DMF. Fdinho is more suited to that role than the Ivory BEAST!

'like the City you know''?

How long has that been? A few weeks? :D

That was the proverbial laying down of the gauntlet. Excellent performance, but to win the league you'll need to be as good away at small teams too.

One small thing, whoever made the bit sign thanking Mansour, surely they could have fully wrote out 'Thanks'? It looks kinda terrible as 'THX MANSOUR'. Plenty of space, no excuses ;)

man.city problems:

- weak defense without kompany;

- underachieving middlefield (not creating good chances for its forwards);

- selfish aguero.

- Demichelis is solid as a rock once he's back from injury.

- The midfield suffers from being highly rated and all opponents work like dogs to nullify City's midfield. With persistence City will prevail in most cases.

- Not so long ago, a year or so, I saw people and pundits complaining that Agüero wasn't selfish enough. Now he is and it's perfect. A striker needs to score regularly and there is no such thing as "too selfish" when the team is up by three-four goals.

Well, that's lifted my flu-afflicted spirits.

Vinnie, Yaya, Nasri and Kun were excellent and Negredo really gives us something different with his power upfront.

One complaint would be stopping playing soon after the 4th. Would have been nice to go one better than the 6-1, but I'm just pleased we won.

Now wrap the world's best CB in cotton wool and push on!

Yeah, Kompany was absolutely immense.

You're allowed to give up at 4-0 against your local and league rivals. Think that's a pretty good excuse to sit back and sip the scotch... ;)

Back
Top Bottom