Manchester City Thread

It'll be a trillion after we dismantle you again in a few weeks!

Top of the table all season this time around!

Nope, still just a billion. Cause that's the real, un-exaggerated, researched number. (thanks Swiss Ramble and Darren Conn)

But I have to admit, the football last night was sumptuous.

Can you imagine 6 years ago saying Manchester City would field a team that cost 5x as much as Newcastle? Shows how fast things can change in football.

A billion my arse...

Have spent just under £500m on net transfers alone since Mansour came in, which at a conservative fx rate is $750m bux. On just net transfer fees. (source transferleague.co.uk)

And in the last two seasons alone City have made operating losses of £300m - which only takes into account a fraction of the above due to the amortisation of transfer fees. So that takes me well over a billion bux, with just 2 years.

Listen, your team looks great this year, you've finally got an excellent coach, you've won the league and an FA cup. But don't pretend it didn't cost as much as did, even if it's just play money.

You'll be counting in Ugandan shillings next :LOL:

I like how you post the transfers in one lump, whether accurate or not, and then include the transfers in these so called operating losses. Our operating loss was 21m last season. You have to add in the transfer amortisation in order to get the 97m figure.

I'm not the one doing the pretending here.

You'll be counting in Ugandan shillings next :LOL:

I like how you post the transfers in one lump, whether accurate or not, and then include the transfers in these so called operating losses. Our operating loss was 21m last season. You have to add in the transfer amortisation in order to get the 97m figure.

I'm not the one doing the pretending here.

Yes that rare, and obscure currency the US dollar.

Alright, by your count how much has Mansour spent? If you're going to deny what fairly reasonable papers like the Guardian have reported, at least take the time to back it up.

And why are you so sensitive about the sum? Maybe it comes out to 950m dollars or pounds - does that make it any less impressive? If it only cost Mansour 950m to build City, does that make it somehow justifiable, but 1bn is just too much?

Obscurity wasn't really the point.

You'll have a hard time finding any newspaper denying what I wrote.

I'm just sensitive to BS. If the amount is impressive -which it is- then there's no need for the BS.

Still the best GK in the PL

333.gif

The only thing laughable here is the fact the only person to post anything worthwhile in response included Jaaske-fuckin-lainen and De Gea, who has spent half his time in this country making fuckups, in it, and we know what to think about that.

Only GK mentioned on this page who has shown, like Hart, quality over a consistent time frame is Cech. Come back with your Mignolet's and De Gea's when they've done it for multiple seasons.

save percentage top 10 last season.

goalkeeper-save-percentage.jpg

i can see Jaaske-fuckin-lainen but where is joe hart mate?
you talk about consistency but Jaaske-fuckin-lainen has been a solid goalkeeper for well over a decade..

Back
Top Bottom