Manchester City Thread

Who needs palm trees when you have City? :)

Yea class goal by Isco. Really hope Manuel can fend off Real. Will be tough to convince a young spanish player not to go there

Derby day the score was level, then the Goat was fed by Neville, silly boy should know for sure, Feed the Goat and he will score

:)

so Alvaro Negredo will be offical soon , £21.5m for this guy ? really ? he's not that good , will never make it to city , he's not even as good as Dzeko !

I dont see him playing more than 5-7 match on a season as starter , I give him 6 goals on next season for city ! CL + EPL

so Alvaro Negredo will be offical soon , £21.5m for this guy ? really ? he's not that good , will never make it to city , he's not even as good as Dzeko !

I dont see him playing more than 5-7 match on a season as starter , I give him 6 goals on next season for city ! CL + EPL

Don't be so sure of that, Pellegrini is a massive fan of his and he's actually a pretty good finisher. Although I agree that Dzeko is bettwr both will be given rotation in the striker slot next to Aguero. I expect 15+ goals.

Every season for the last 7 years Negredo's played at least 30 league games. In those 7 seasons he's only hit 20 (or more) goals twice. I think you've paid a top 4 (or maybe top 6) transfer fee for a mid table player. Balotelli and Tevez have gone and you've replaced them with one player who is a considerable level below both.

yeah I really cant believe city got him and whats the fee around 25 milion euros ? half of Falcao transfer ? I know Falcao and Cavani have gone for a lot of money but if you spend half of their money transfer on someone that its very good player for a midletable team (Swanswea or West Ham can be good team for him , with all respect for this clubs) but city ? I guess its way to big for this guy !

Every season for the last 7 years Negredo's played at least 30 league games. In those 7 seasons he's only hit 20 (or more) goals twice. I think you've paid a top 4 (or maybe top 6) transfer fee for a mid table player. Balotelli and Tevez have gone and you've replaced them with one player who is a considerable level below both.

Please, look at the clubs he's played at before making this kind of post. Sevilla and Almeria are hardly at the top level of football like City are currently, he will do very well.

Please, look at the clubs he's played at before making this kind of post. Sevilla and Almeria are hardly at the top level of football like City are currently, he will do very well.

I'm aware of what clubs he's played for. Please, look at his scoring record compared to others before you make a flippant reply.

I'll make it simple for you, here are all the players who have outscored him in that time (excluding all players playing for Barca and Real so Benzema, Ronaldo, Higuain, Messi and Villa since WC2010).

Last season
Falcao Atletico

Season Before
Llorente Athletic Bilbao
Soldado Valencia
Rubén Castro Betis
Koné Levante
Michu Vallecano

Villa Valencia
Forlán Atletico
Soldado Getafe
Luis Fabiano Sevilla
Llorente Bilbao
Nino Tenerife

Forlan Atletico
Villa Valencia

Guiza Mallorca
Luis Fabiano Sevilla
Agüero Atlético
Villa Valencia
Nihat Villarreal
R. Oliveira Zaragoza
Jose Llorente Valladolid
Forlán Atlético
Kanouté Sevilla

In each of these seasons above Negredo has played at least 30 league games. He's been over 23 years old for all of those seasons (he'll be 28 next month). You talk about him playing for Almeria and Sevilla, but you can see other players from similar clubs have out scored him. Luis Fabiano is/was a much better striker than him when they were in the same Seville team. On the subject of Sevilla, it's hardly like they are an awful side, he's played in Europe with them in 3 of his seasons there (he has a return of 2 goals in 17 matches).

To me he is a mid-table level player (but seemingly with a top level price tag) and nowhere near the class of the strikers City have sold (Tevez, Balotelli).

To me he is a mid-table level player (but seemingly with a top level price tag) and nowhere near the class of the strikers City have sold (Tevez, Balotelli).

wow its like I typed this , just with better english :D

totally agree with you buddy , this is worst sign since we bought Andy Carroll !

If you compare Mario Gomez and Negredo, Gomez is only something like 40 days older, yet his price was around half that of Negredo (approx 15.5m euro vs 24m pound) or two-thirds of the fee (others say Gomez cost 20m euro).

I think Gomez is at least as good as Negredo (actually I would say he is a lot better than Negredo in my opinion) yet the Sevilla player somehow cost almost double. Every season Gomes has played more than 30 league games (either for Bayern, or prior to that Stuttgart) he's scored at least 20 goals with the exception of his very first Bundesliga season when he was 18/19 years old. Gomez has won 3 Bundesliga with 2 different clubs and featured in 3 CL finals (winning one) - maybe Negredo can't get such titles since Sevilla are weaker than Bayern, but even so Gomez won the Bundesliga with Stuttgart, who are of a similar level to Sevilla, whereas Negredo's Sevilla have finished 4th, 5th, 9th and now 9th again in his seasons at the club - even taking out the top 2 in Spain they havent been "best of the rest". Internationally Gomez has played nearly 60 games for Germany (scoring 25 goals), Negredo has spent much of his Spanish career way down the pecking order behind Villa, Torres, Llorente, Guiza and now it looks like Soldado. Whereas Gomez has in terms of selection, equalled or surpassed his competitive strikers (Klose, Kuranyi, Podolski Kiessling), Negredo has stagnated internationally.

Last edited:
Don`t know what the fuss about ManCity over paying for a player . If the player don`t perform and have a bad attitude he gets loaned out or sold. At least their able to rid of the players unlike Arsenal they seem to train and stay payed until their final pay check :P I wish City took Bendtner away from us ;)

well, we'll see how he does. He's scored 76 goals ((an average of 25 a season) in the last 3 years and 31 last season.

He looks similar to Dzeko in some respects - not the quickest and not the silkiest - but he has a beast of a left foot and looks much more brave and robust than Edin.

Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic looks pretty good to me.

And let's wait and see what the price is. People were saying 25m for Navas when actually the price was 14.9m rising 1m. For instance, there are some reports now that Negredo is costing an initial 16.4m with a possible 4m extra if we win the PL and CL etc.
Supposedly he's also only on 75k a week.

Seems like the finances are heading in the right direction whilst still maintaining/improving the quality of the squad ((tho time will tell for sure on the latter). over 40m has been slashed from the wage bill and we've recouped around 35m in transfer fees.

Last edited:
Seems like the finances are heading in the right direction whilst still maintaining/improving the quality of the squad ((tho time will tell for sure on the latter). over 40m has been slashed from the wage bill and we've recouped around 35m in transfer fees.

I find it fascinating that City (and to a much, much lesser extent Chelsea) are clearly making at least some effort to comply with FFP, whereas the two French sugar daddy clubs have basically rolled up the FFP ideals, lit them and leaned back while taking a big puff.

Jovetic on his way according to Fiorentina. Assume the lineup will be:

----Fernandinho---Toure----
-Navas-----Silva--Jovetic--
-----------Aguero----------

With Milner, Barry, Rodwell (ha), Nasri, Dzeko etc all benching it up.

Pantilimon
Richards
Lescott
Garcia
Kolarov
Milner
Barry
Rodwell
Nasri
Sinclair
Dzeko
Negredo
Guidetti

We're gonna need a bigger boa... err, bench

Scott Sinclair. Bwahwhahahaha

Seriously, that is a monstrous amount of pounds (literal and monetary) to have sitting around! Firesale time!

Like shopping at a thrift store..I`ll take Dzeko for £7m, and £5m for Garcia plz ☼ Kolarov on loan and you pay .5 their salary. ;)

Back
Top Bottom