Manchester City Thread

Why is that a shock! your club is ran by shrieks :LOL: The shock is ManCity didn`t win a trophy this season.

I'm not shocked at buying players, I'm shocked at how early we're getting our business done. We're usually fannying about with minutes to spare

remember Pellegrini isn`t afraid to spend ! RM £225m, Malaga £96m he hasn`t even begin to start spending City`s kitty. :LOL:
To be fair he had nothing to do with Real Madrid signigs. Those were Florentino Perez and Valdano's players.

Where's the 34m price come from? I only see 22m-24m being quoted

Confirmed by Shaktar (40m euros). Dunno where you got the lower sums from :)

Looks like City are back in the big (spending) leagues. Can't wait to see the ransom that Isco is going to command.

Wonder if Monaco are going to impact City's plans this summer. Could see them doing a '05 Chelsea to United' - when United spent ages scouting players and Chelsea just went and in and offered twice as much money (I'm looking at you Essien (who trialed with United) and Robben (whose father said United was a done deal)!

Also just seen these twitter gems from the always loveable Steve_MCFC:

"Ducker lying that City paid £34m for Fernandinho is another great example of why Utd fan journos shdn't cover City. You're a fucking moron if you believe we actually paid £34m. I'm embarrassed for you."

1 minute later

"@steve_mcfc here, Steve. Shakhtar have confirmed the fee was €40m (£34m) - http://shakhtar.com/ru/news/27109 "
"@DoronSalomon Fuck me! Unbelievable."

Last edited:
City signing players without a manager. How times have changed in football.

Managers don't buy players at rich clubs anymore.

Owners deal with transfers and managers are now coaches and have to deal with the squad the owners get for them.

Luckily for City, Pellegrini is a fantastic coach.

City signing players without a manager. How times have changed in football.

Managers don't buy players at rich clubs anymore.

Owners deal with transfers and managers are now coaches and have to deal with the squad the owners get for them.

Luckily for City, Pellegrini is a fantastic coach.

These types of signings seldom work out, anyone recall Shevchenkos story?

He has the perfect attributes to partner Yaya. 30-34m is steep but then both clubs are rich and so an inflated figure is understandable, I guess

City just topped the highest wages of any pro sports team in the world:
Some serious company in there - can't believe Milan is that high!!!

BMfUrjPCUAAsBUt.jpg:large

We won't be top of the wages now having sold Balotelli and let go of Kolo, Bridge and Santa Cruz. Dubious about those numbers anyway

Anyway...

beautiful, beautiful man
article-2339731-1A438E0C000005DC-763_636x438.jpg

We won't be top of the wages now having sold Balotelli and let go of Kolo, Bridge and Santa Cruz. Dubious about those numbers anyway

Anyway...

beautiful, beautiful man
article-2339731-1A438E0C000005DC-763_636x438.jpg

He's not that beautiful, awesome eyes but his cheek bones aren't pretty enough. Still, better looking than Ballack, lets hope he's as good a player in the prem :)

Best signing City have made since Aguero. He's very good, am definitely jealous.

Decent price too, especially when you view it through a Javi Garcia/Downing/Young lens.

Yea, we missed AJ quite a bit this year I reckon. He used to get us a few pts late on in games with his goals and dribbling/penalties. We've not had a player who goes past defenders since he left

Won't you feel a little spoiled with Isco, Fernadinho and Navas? That's like being the rich kid at Christmas, and running all over the playground laughing at everyone else with their one toy ;)

Not to mention whatever superstar CF you eventually settle on.

:LOL:

After losing out on RVP and Hazard I'll be quite happy being a spoiled brat this year

I don't think we need Isco but imo he is a future WPOTY, I can't decide whether he reminds me more of Iniesta or Ronaldinho, and if he goes elsewhere we'll never get to see him playing for City so it's this summer or never.

I always felt we needed 4 players. An athletic CM [Check], a fast winger[Check], a CF and a backup CB, but like I say, Isco is now or never imo. I'd gladly miss out on a CF for him.

Last edited:
Just read the very first post in this thread.. a certain Shaun Wright-Phillips being touted as your beast player, and the squad consisting of players who "try their best" as a best attribute.. damn I miss the days of City being useless!

At lease you still have Barry and Milner to represent the good ol' days of English players who do their best.. its just a shame they cost £40m+ between them!

Hope Ronaldo's girlfriend/fiancee watched that video with Pellegrini and noticed the palm trees behind him.

GF: "Ronnie, on 2nd thought, we can move to Manchester after all, they have fkin palm trees so the weather can't be that bad."

Ronnie: "Wait..wha...you know that video wasn...I mean..yeah! totally, Manchester is like a freakin paradise, told ya it would be a good idea to move back there"

As I assume he's your player already, Isco just scored an absolute worldie for the U21s. Look for video when it's available. He shimmied and left Norwegian defence for dead, than outside of the boot into the top corner.

He's so good. More jealous from me.

Back
Top Bottom