Manchester City Thread

:LOL: an exact year to the Aguero title winning goal, one year on and normal service is resumed.

Mancini Oooh
Mancini Oooh
We got our trophy back
and know he's got the sack
Mancini Oooh
Mancini Oooh

Im sure that will get a few renditions next year :D

Mixed emotions.

Sad to see him go because

-He took over from the joker Hughes and steadied the ship.
-Created a water tight defence and improved the likes of Zaba and Kompany and kept Hart at the club.
-He got the team playing some of the best football witnessed in PL history last season.
-Proved the know nowts in the media and elsewhere wrong with regards Yaya (Think we all remember the shouts of "3 DMs?! lololol")
-Outplayed and outthought Utd and Ferguson on the majority of occasions - even in defeat.
-Took to the supporters. the city and the club.
-His celebrations :LOL:
-His humour and relationship with Mario :LOL:
-The scarf :)

And of course the trophies. He will forever be linked with the most exciting title win in PL history :TTTH:

On the other hand his weaknesses have become apparent

-The inability to get to grips with certain styles of play (teams that pressed high, like Dortmund, and physical aspects of certain teams, like Everton.)
-His CL record (tho I wouldn't say last seasons CL effort was that bad all things considered)
-His handling of the media with regards internal affairs at the club.
-Aspects of his man management and motivation- there only seems to be one way witth him: Aggression

In many ways his desire to win and improve is both his strong point and his weakness. And for this reason, and you could argue that this applies to Mourinho to some degree, I don't think he'll ever stay at a club long term. The confrontational, fire and brimstone approach will work - if you have enough about you in other areas - but eventually it will wear down your players and those around you to the point that their performances eventually drop off. He will bring success in that short time tho.

I wish him all the best and hope that he proves people wrong with regards the Champions League. I would have liked it to have been with us but I will celebrate his victory if/when it happens regardless of which club he's at.

Forza Mancini! :WORSHIP:

Forza Pellegrini! :WORSHIP: (if he joins)

Last edited:
Mancini is a fantastic coach, who led City to the Premier League beating a Man United team who were so many points ahead in 2011-12.

I'm a bit surprised he is sacked, but I guess 3+ yrs at a club nowadays is a decent stint, better than what Chelsea keeps doing anyway !!

I think they should get Carlo Ancelotti, he will guarantee the title and a decent CL performance as well.
He has bags of experience, having won the CL twice, reached another final, and gets his teams to play good football too.

But Pellegrini may get the nod with Begiristain in the past saying he was the best coach after Guardiola few years ago.

Is Mancini a bad manager ? Certainly not.
I don't think he got it right at Manchester City. IMO he always struggled.
Godotelli writes about him as building a strong defense last season. That is true. But on the other hand this season he broke up that same strong defense. IMO Lescott-Kompany was a pretty good partnership. Why change that ? I don't understand it. What happened wih Micah Richards who was very good last season (i know Zabaleta was arguably City's best player this season).
And the fact that he always seems to manage confrontational with his players. Is that good ?I'm not sure. Mancini was a very talented, highly skilled player who always wanted to win. It seems that (just like most very gifted players) he maybe is bad at man management. For those kind of people football can't be explained because they are naturals, they play instinctively.

Somehow i think Mancini will not be a coach/manager for a long time. He will have a couple of clubs after Manchester City, but not much...anyway that is just a feeling i have.

Mancini won a lot of his titles when Milan and Juventus were depleted and at their low points. He's no doubt a talented manager, but I think he seems to struggle to carry momentum, especially in Europe.

yeah but you cant say he's that bad as people make him looks like special when we was on Inter , im agree that now with city he has done really bad and i'm glad he has been sacked coz with players he had he should win EPL for at last 3 years in row , but than again its hard to manage a team like city with all those players and most of them join city for money so i believe many players dont give 100%

I don't believe that hose players join City only for the money. I think that players like Zabaleta, Hart, Kompany, Tevez, Silva, Touré and others want to win things.

Micah has been injured all season. Only just got back.

As for Lescott, I think Mancini wanted a CB who was calm and gifted on the ball for the CL. Those are 2 things Lescott lacks. Nastasic's first game was in the CL and he played well and ended up keeping his place on merit

:LOL: an exact year to the Aguero title winning goal, one year on and normal service is resumed.

Mancini Oooh
Mancini Oooh
We got our trophy back
and know he's got the sack
Mancini Oooh
Mancini Oooh

Im sure that will get a few renditions next year :D

Summed up United fans that when they were 'celebrating' their 20th league title and saying goodbye to their greatest ever manager, they were more concerned about singing about Mancini and "are you watching Merseyside"

Summed up United fans that when they were 'celebrating' their 20th league title and saying goodbye to their greatest ever manager, they were more concerned about singing about Mancini and "are you watching Merseyside"

you sure about that ? I didnt know they sing during the match !

Yeah that'd be a great story. Like how yesterday's parade was smaller than your parade last year.

Would be great. But neither are true.

Please trust me on behalf of all United fans when I say we were focussed on one thing and one thing only on Sunday. And that is the greatest manager of all time.

Even Paul Scholes retiring again barely registered.

A couple of our songs refer to rivals, and we ran through the entirety of the catalogue on Sunday. Is that your point? We also sang about Cantona. So I guess we're living in the mid 90's.

Mancini going is the right call if City want to move forward. The biggest problem with Mancini as a manager at City is that he himself is a bit of a selfish, egotistical prick. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing - lots of great players are just that - and undoubtedly it's what helped him be such a great striker.

It reminds me a little of Roy Keane as a manager. As soon as a player underperformed in Keane's eyes, that player was to blame. He tried to hold players to his standards, and not all players can achieve that.

Mancini had a tendency to hang players out to dry in the press. Numerous times he'd basically lay the blame of a poor result at the feet of a single player. That's not the way to manage a dressing room like City's.

What I find most striking is how the press are generally upset about this, but I really don't get the impression the players are.

Granted we're playing Reading but that 1st half was played as tho the players are happy to see the back of Mancini. Quick, slick passing and a stunning team goal. Noone can live with us when we play like that

Kiddo for the job! :)

Last edited:
Yeah that'd be a great story. Like how yesterday's parade was smaller than your parade last year.

Would be great. But neither are true.

Please trust me on behalf of all United fans when I say we were focussed on one thing and one thing only on Sunday. And that is the greatest manager of all time.

Even Paul Scholes retiring again barely registered.

A couple of our songs refer to rivals, and we ran through the entirety of the catalogue on Sunday. Is that your point? We also sang about Cantona. So I guess we're living in the mid 90's.

Well played missing the point. Nowhere did I mention you ONLY singing about Liverpool and City, I said it was your first thought. They sang it straight after KO, and multiple times through both halves, and while they were collecting the trophy.

Deny it if you like, but we all know it to be true, we all heard it plain as day on the TV (which is where you watch all your Man U games;))

Of course lots of Man Utd fans have never forgotten the fact (and the way) that City won the EPL last year. That is very obvious. It still stings.

It's just impressive given how Blue Manchester is that 25k more United fans make it to OT each week, whereas City can't even fill their smaller stadium during midweek Champions League matches.

Those trains from London must be full to the point of bursting.

It's nice to see City fans have gone back to pioneering their 'City limits of Manchester' trophy. Was weird with them having a real trophy for a change.

Deny it if you like, but we all know it to be true, we all heard it plain as day on the TV (which is where you watch all your Man U games;))

And where, pray tell, does your owner and only reason you've won anything in 50 years watch matches? I mean, being the biggest fan in the world and having a fleet of private jets, he must come every week to the Etihad right?

Anyway, the nice thing about City is that they provide handy tips to new diehard, local fans on the official website:

city-bluffers.jpg

Last edited:
It'd be unwise for a Utd fan to talk about lower attendance figures for a CL game. :TTTH:

And if you're going to act all smarmy don't say "pretell". It is "pray tell" :FAIL:

It'd be unwise for a Utd fan to talk about lower attendance figures for a CL game. :TTTH:

And if you're going to act all smarmy don't say "pretell". It is "pray tell" :FAIL:

Fair point on the latter. Thanks for that.

I'm just responding to a City fan that for some reason has decided to attack United, despite not posting for ages, while United were celebrating winning the league.

Guys, your discussion is a litle bit pathetic. Who cares in the end ?
We all know you don't like each other. Last season City won, now United...it's only football.

Fair point on the latter. Thanks for that.

I'm just responding to a City fan that for some reason has decided to attack United, despite not posting for ages, while United were celebrating winning the league.

Correct me if I'm wrong (you seem to like to try) but this is the Manchester CITY thread. You and your lot came in here gloating and talking shit, I am not 'attacking' United in the United thread am I? I don't even look in there!

Surely if you want to celebrate winning the league, do it in your thread? Rather than coming in here? But then that proves my point, United and their fans are more bothered about rubbing their success in others' faces, than celebrating with their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom