Manchester City Thread

LOL.

Maybe one of your guys might want to takr a step up in their career and move to Celtic. Not sure if any of them would get a game right enough, and we got some bang average players too! :D

FD

wow, great game by Wigan, they were the better team in first half i managed to see... im happy for them and City...well, what can be said...i guess nothing realy.. sometimes money don´t equall luck or happiness. Im happy for Martinez.. hope he stayes at Wigan and they stay in PL...

yeah i think he will be at Everton...it seems that way...but i feel so happy for the players who just won their first and maybe last (becouse of age) trophy in their career...i love football for that...and FA Cup is realy amazing chance for any team to win...

:LOL: Congratulations to Wigan.

I guess this will be a fitting end to Sir Alex's reign, City fall flat on their face on Saturday while we prepare to celebrate number 20 on Sunday. :))

yeah i think he will be at Everton...it seems that way...but i feel so happy for the players who just won their first and maybe last (becouse of age) trophy in their career...i love football for that...and FA Cup is realy amazing chance for any team to win...

Not sure Everton would be the best move for him, at least not initially. He likes to play the game the right way whilst Moyes has created a team there centred around being aggressive and direct.

He'll have quite a bit of rebuilding to do but I suppose with the sale of Fellaini he'll have some money to do it.

That was a huge suprise.
Still think that Wigan will go down this time...it's too late now. They light win the match against Villa, but not against Arseanl (although as a Spurs fan i would be delighted if they did, not because i don't like Arsenal, but because i want to see Spurs in the CL).

Frank, i don't agree with you on both Milner and Barry. I haven't seen Celtic much this year (only in the CL to be honest), but IMO Celtic hasn't got a single player that comes even close to one of those two...and i don't mean that as disrespectful towards Celtic, i genuinely like Celtic. It's only normal too, with all the money Mansour splashed around that Celtic haven't got a single player better than City.

IMO the water carriers like Zabaleta (very underrated), Barry and Milner can't be blamed at all for City's average season. It's the stars who were underperforming.

But this defeat could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, maybe City will have a half decent manager next season...i'm not very impressed by Mancini as a manager.

roberto martinez can teach that mancini guy how to manage a club. thank God moratti got rid of that flop.

i just can't understand owners of man. city... they should have sacked that guy a long, long time ago.

same goes to many fans who chant his name during matches. it so... stupid to say at least.

roberto martinez can teach that mancini guy how to manage a club. thank God moratti got rid of that flop.

i just can't understand owners of man. city... they should have sacked that guy a long, long time ago.

same goes to many fans who chant his name during matches. it so... stupid to say at least.

Martinez is fighting regulation every year, not sure how that makes
Him better then the Italian

I don't say that Martinez is better, but with the players Wigan have, it's pretty normal they fight relegation every season gomito.

Maybe Martinez and Wigan are overachieving year after year. You can't exactly say that Man City overachieved this season...

Moyes made Everton what they are now, the best team in Liverpool atm... sadly for LFC fans it is reality.

Not realy much to add. Imagine Everton without Moyes, imagine Wigan without Martinez is for the fans of those clubs same as for United imagining it without Ferguson.

Martinez gets praised alot, he certainly tries to play football, and he'll probably do well elsewhere, but is it an endorsement or an indictment that Wigan only start playing to their maximum when it's almost too late?

Do you really think Everton has that much more talent then Wigan?

Yes i do.
Much, much more talent.
Jagielka is an England international.
Both Fellaini and Mirallas are Belgian internationals.
Baines is the best left back in the EPL this season and he's not a starter in the national team because England have the best LB in the world.
Pienaar is not only a South-African international, but one of the most underrated players in the EPL.
I know what you think about Howard and i agree with you.
If i'm not wrong Osman is also in the English NT squad.

There is a huge difference between Everton and Wigan in terms of talent.

you forgot Jelavic, Heitinga, Gibson, Oviedo, Naismith and Coleman are also national players and some of them even starters for their country..

you forgot Jelavic, Heitinga, Gibson, Oviedo, Naismith and Coleman are also national players and some of them even starters for their country..

I agree.
I didn't want to mention them all.
Heitinga even played a world Cup final, but imo he had an awfull season...the way Benteke ridiculised him in the match against Villa...and Benteke is not a world class forward.

I agree.
I didn't want to mention them all.
Heitinga even played a world Cup final, but imo he had an awfull season...the way Benteke ridiculised him in the match against Villa...and Benteke is not a world class forward.

Well, that is a relative thing. Benteke just ridiculed Gary Cahill in a very similar fashion this weekend. But the English press think Gary Cahill is the real deal, world class. Well, he's not. Pretty average at best.

Heitinga, on the other hand, is way past his best and will get no mercy at the hands of the local press.

Stupid to show affection for a manager that won trophies for your club?

There's someone acting stupid here but it's not a City fan

I can understand that the fans have an affection for the manager that made them champion, but on the other hand, with those players and that sqaud he rather underachieved than overachieved.

My favourite Belgian club doesn't exist any more. They became champions once and that with a fantastic team. Several players of that team later became coach/manager themselves and won silverware. They all agreed one thing: the became champions despite their coach not because of him. I'm not saying that is the case with Mancini, but imo he should have done better than one EPL title and one FA Cup with the material he got.

And after reading the Guardian's website today, i know i'm not the only one who think that Mancini had very poor man management skills...

Stupid to show affection for a manager that won trophies for your club?

There's someone acting stupid here but it's not a City fan

One cup and one league titles with this team is hardly an achievement though. If anything he's underachieved imo.

to me it seems the city players have no heart or desire..ya ya has walked around the pitch at times, tevez is a shell of his former self, WTF happend to augero this year! And of couse the worst offender, nasri...

City lost belief and the gaffer provides belief imo. How can Nasri say while being employed by City his old boss was the best he served under. Is Nasri crazy?! He 's not Terry-Lampard to say such things. :TTTH:

These players under minding the coach is virus-like contaminating .

Mancini won a lot of his titles when Milan and Juventus were depleted and at their low points. He's no doubt a talented manager, but I think he seems to struggle to carry momentum, especially in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom