Manchester City Thread

This may be a totally ludicrous proposition but in the interest of solidarity I wonder if City and Utd would ever consider having a parade together if you guys win the FA cup. Though of course it being England, that may be massive riot potential.

It would be great, I'd love to think Manchester could unite and be proud of being the 'football capital' of England.

About as likely as a Suarez-Evra Christmas card though.

Wrong poster Gerd :P

I'd like to think it could happen but as a fan I wouldn't feel as safe taking family to it as much, you know a few idiots might start something.

Said a while ago that if Dzeko leaves City should buy a star and a journeyman for the 4th spot. I was wrong. City should buy Benteke.

Aguero/Tevez/Cavani/Benteke

oof.

a
Said a while ago that if Dzeko leaves City should buy a star and a journeyman for the 4th spot. I was wrong. City should buy Benteke.

Aguero/Tevez/Cavani/Benteke

oof.

Against our Hernandez, Rooney, RvP and Lewandowski? The universe would implode bc of so much awesomeness

If we sign Benteke it will mean that Tevez has been sold

But tbh, I wouldn't sign him because I think it'd be better to sign a forward who is equally comfortable out wide.

I think we may see Aguero/Cavani/Guidetti and Lamela, who play can all across the frontline. Bale would be ideal but almost certainly too expensive. Same goes for Neymar

IMO the best thing Benteke can do is to stay another year with Villa if that club does not go down.
A club like Everton would also be great for him...

Looks like we're signing Diego Novaretti, a 6ft 4 Argentine CB playing in Mexico, to replace Lescott.

Know nothing about him. Hope he is good

I think Neymar and Bale are both setup for Spain with the top two, Benteke would be a disaster at City and would never get minutes.

Some encouraging news on the Fernandinho front.

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho has declared that he wants to move to Manchester City this summer, despite interest from a raft of other top European sides – and he has pleaded with his club to lower his asking price to facilitate the switch.

Even his international teammates have begged him to head to City. 'They all wish me to move on,' Fernandinho said.
'They know that the Premier League is a great championship and that Manchester City is a great club, therefore they all wish me to play there, and to participate in the division.
'I believe my chances of making the World Cup squad will improve if I join City. My exposure would be better, because Brazil is biased towards the Ukrainian league. What we do here is not recognised in my country.

'Therefore, playing in a division, at a club that is considered among the best in the world, and if I keep performing well, that would help me to be to be taken back to the Brazilian national team.'
Fernandinho wants his club to seek a transfer fee closer to Mancini’s target of £17 million and added: 'There are a lot of people in England with good football knowledge. For that reason, those compliment my skills and motivate me to want to play in a championship like the Premier League.'

Get him in early and start the ball rolling!

He was class in the CL - but I'm sure I saw he had a huge buy-out clause in his contract.

For the price of a Kolarov, he's WAAAY better.

Glad that's out of the way. More like a preseason game but 2nd should be pretty much secured now and Hart completes a hat trick of Golden Gloves

FA Cup final at the weekend to look forward to! Remember those, Beach? ;)

Glad that's out of the way. More like a preseason game but 2nd should be pretty much secured now and Hart completes a hat trick of Golden Gloves

FA Cup final at the weekend to look forward to! Remember those, Beach? ;)

You're right, the FA Cup >>> the league.

My recent memory of cup finals is a bit less glamorous I'm afraid. Those 3 champions league ones. Can't compare with Wigan in the FA Cup of course.

Rumours of Pellegrini taking over at the end of the season are gaining force.

Don't know what to think of it tbh.

Supposedly Isco is coming with him.

Back
Top Bottom