Manchester City Thread

Aguero is a class. You guys deserve to win.

Yep.

The league table disguises it (and maybe Mancini does too) but City's first XI is leagues ahead of United's. I actually don't think United's first XI is much above Tottenham or Arsenal, and well behind Chelsea too.

Yep.

The league table disguises it (and maybe Mancini does too) but City's first XI is leagues ahead of United's. I actually don't think United's first XI is much above Tottenham or Arsenal, and well behind Chelsea too.

it's above Tottenham and Arsenal but not above Chelsea who after City have by far best XI on EPL

I miss match coz I was watching Roma vs Lazio , but i see 4 yellow on 90' whats happen ? fight ?

Agueroooooooooo! :D

Thought we played quite well in patches but just missed the pace that Kun gives us.

Bit of pride restored. Hopefully we can get Utd's lead down into single figures and win the FA Cup. Still doubt that this would save Mancini tho. I think the Barca boys won't miss an opportunity to get their own man in.

I think Mancini has got to either win the cup or at least cut the gap to less than double figures. If City end up say 12-15 points off the pace (and nearer 5th than 1st in terms of points) and dont win a domestic cup, given they finished 4th in the CL group (admittedly a very hard one) I just dont see that as progress or even maintaining the standard, it's pretty much regression.

Maybe if he wasnt responsible for the poor signings (Javi Garcia, Rodwell especially Sinclair) he might be able to say the underperformance wasnt down to him, but I still think he's let too many key players go (De Jong especially given Yaya Toure was out for the ACN, not selling Balotelli in summer and replacing him, yet selling him in January but leaving the squad a striker short, Adam Johnson out for Sinclair was a downgrade).

Tonight showed that City have players who are good enough, so the question should be why did those players struggle against the weaker teams (Sunderland, Southampton, Everton)

Thing is Mutd can lose these games and still win the league a country mile. They said last time Mutd lose a game at OT was from Arsenal in `06 that is some record.

I think Aquero would be a beast at RM ,but he is such a class player for ManCity. I like to think he`s the Drogba of MC.

who said that? they lost to spurs 3-2 this season at OT? and ofc the 1-6 last season.. also i disagree about sinclair being a downgrade on johnson. sinclair is class when he plays but he don't play. rodwell is average and garcia is a bit shit though for sure. also nastacis is decent and he can further improve.

who said that? they lost to spurs 3-2 this season at OT? and ofc the 1-6 last season.. also i disagree about sinclair being a downgrade on johnson. sinclair is class when he plays but he don't play. rodwell is average and garcia is a bit shit though for sure. also nastacis is decent and he can further improve.

On ESPN Ian Drake... I`m sure he said something like Mutd score every game(OT) and only verse Arsenal is the only time they didn`t. Something commentators come up with to make it seem interesting.

Also Liverpool beat them 1-4 it was 2008 or 2009? Gerrard penalty Torres .. Maybe dosena and Aurelio score too? But I remember around 5.000 fans left on stadium after match finish singing Torres song :)

Arsenal beat Mutd. 0-1 Cesc took the ball off Ronaldo and fed it to Ade :)

That wasn't the last time though? it was against villa that we didn't score at old trafford and that was 2009, not 2006

stop living in the past ;)

Far too close that. Knew it was coming when we started the 'olay football' in the 48th minute.

Still, deservedly through to another cup final...

Dunno what Kun was playing at, guess he doesn't like Brazil. Out of character from him. Annoying that as soon as he's back again he's going to be missing through suspension.

Entertaining last part of the game. Was hard to watch as a united fan bc I wanted both to lose. Seeing how that wasn't possible, I'm happy with City winning. Can't stand half the Chelsea team while it's mostly for non player reasons with City. Some very dirty plays by Aguero on Luiz and Kompany on Torres though.

Was a unbelievably bad tackle by Aguero, seemed out of character as I haven't seen him do too many cuntish things prior.

Yup. Score another one for the ridiculous decision making at the FA. Hope some heads will roll soon, the precedents that are being set by turning a blind eye to situations like this will come around and bit em in the ass. I like Aguero but even some of the most adamant City fans seemed to think his action deserved some type of ban.

Bad news for football in general...he should have got a retroactive ban (and this coming from somebody who genuinely likes Aguero).

It's FIFA's fault, not the FAs. When the FA banned Thatcher apparently they 'got in trouble' with FIFA for violating FIFA's policy on 're-refereeing' matches.

Since then I don't think a single incident where the referee has seen it has been overruled. In theory the only time that it is allowed is:
1. Mistaken identity
2. The ref/officials didn't see the incident

The FA can't make exceptions based on how much press coverage something gets. So they didn't ban Rooney, MacManaman or Aguero.

It's not the FA's fault - it's that great organisation again. Interestingly, HALF of the ENTIRE EXEC CO of FIFA are currently under suspicions of embezzlement. Keepin it classy.

Interesting points about the FA vs Fifa, thanks. And yeah I have a buddy who let's just say sees a lot of what goes on at that organization. In another world we would've classified it as an organized crime syndicate.
Wonder how much accountability there will be (if at all) once some of these investigations conclude.

Back
Top Bottom