Manchester City Thread

He's lucky Zaba is a top bloke

Anyway, Mancini is annoying me again in his pres conferences. Moaning about mistakes when it was he who did nothing to counteract AVB's changes. He also kept on Dzeko who put in the worse performance for a forward I have seen this season (at the very least). He has poor close control and iis an immobile lump at the best of times but yesterday seriously toook the ppiss. Tevez was fantastic (again) and he shouldn't have to put up with such a poor strike partner. With a half decent forward alongside him we'd have been out of sight against what was a poor Spurs performance for 60-70mins

Sometimes I can't help but think we have won those 3 trophies in spite of Mancini, not thanks to him

On Tevez, he was rubbish for the first half of the season but he has been very impressive lately. Perhaps his golfing tri took a while to get over? Would be happy to see him stay on and perhaps sign a new contract. Replace Dzeko with a Cavani or Falcao and we're laughing

Last edited:
I agree that Tevez was fantastic certainly in the first half. At half-time the game should have been beyond reach for Spurs.

Dzeko was bad, but IMO Adebayor was even worse...

Didn't think Dzeko was that bad but what happened to Guidetti? Thought he'd get some first team action after a good loan spell in Rotterdam.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the striker situation at City. That'll always be their biggest advantage in terms of spending.

To have bought Dzeko and Balotelli for almost 60m and just turn em over 2 years later...that's incredible. To be fair they got a good deal on Balo going back, but who would pay more than 20m for Dzeko? Not to mention wages.

Might well add Cavani and a 'potential' striker in the summer for similar amounts, alongside Tevez and Aguero.

Is Santa Cruz still on the wage bill?

Same could be said for Berba £30m then hardly played in his 2 last yrs before going to Fulham for £7m or something in that range. ST will always cost more even though price tag won't get them the golden boot.

Same could be said for Berba £30m then hardly played in his 2 last yrs before going to Fulham for £7m or something in that range. ST will always cost more even though price tag won't get them the golden boot.

Yeah but United can only do that kind of thing once every few seasons - hence why he was kept for 4 years. That's the big difference.

Arsenal could afford to buy a player like Aguero or Tevez - but could only buy 1 in about 4 years, and would have to stick with em.

Class from City, wish I believed United would do the same:
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 51m
Congratulations to Manchester United on winning the Barclays Premier League title for 2012-13

Didn't think Dzeko was that bad but what happened to Guidetti? Thought he'd get some first team action after a good loan spell in Rotterdam.

He's recently started playing in the reserves after a nasty muscle wasting injury

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the striker situation at City. That'll always be their biggest advantage in terms of spending.

To have bought Dzeko and Balotelli for almost 60m and just turn em over 2 years later...that's incredible. To be fair they got a good deal on Balo going back, but who would pay more than 20m for Dzeko? Not to mention wages.

Might well add Cavani and a 'potential' striker in the summer for similar amounts, alongside Tevez and Aguero.

Is Santa Cruz still on the wage bill?

Think we'll see Dzeko used as part exchange. Rumours of Goetze but unlikely imo

Santa Cruz's contract expires at the end of the season. Thank fuck.

I hope we give Guidetti a chance rather than sign 2 forwards.

I think one one Cavani or Falcao will likely be a target. I also think theirs a bit of a domino effect possible when it comes to certain players and such, like Bale (what happens if Spurs don't get top 4), Ronaldo(does he still want out?), Falcao etc.

Even Mourinho.

I know you lots don`t follow Spanish media ,but Ronaldo will not be leaving in the summer. According to Florentino Perez! Ronaldo is the reason RM overtaken MUTD as the riches club.

This City is Ours! :D
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/police-figures-reveal-five-times-3003108

In other other news, Dortmund are apparently ready to pay 22m for Dzeko. I'd be happy with that!

With the sale of Mario that leaves us with about 40 odd million plus wages saved to spend on a striker. Not sure who would be the best fit for us tho. Dzeko is a good finisher but has poor technique so doesn't fit alongside the players we already have. Cavani may be a mistake for the same reason - tho he'd probably still be a better fit than Dzeko due to his higher mobility.
Hopefully Tevez wants to stay for 1 more year and we can keep Real away from Sergio.

Why would Dortmund pay that much? Seems odd. They know he wants to leave, and that City want him to leave. Some poor negotiations there! I'd offer 15m, take it or leave it.

If we're honest, money really doesn't matter - neither does 'freeing up the wage bill'. It just impacts how many 10's of millions the Sheikh needs to pink up this season.

So if I were City I'd try to sign a truly marquee striker - and that'd be Falcao. Just out bid Chelsea and he's yours. I'd then pick up a 'journeyman' type striker to be the 4th, along with Guidetti.

--------------Hart---------------
--Zaba----Nasty---Kompany--Clichy-
----------Barry--Toure------------
--Silva------Aguero------Nasri----
-------------Falcao---------------

Not bad at all.

I'd prefer Falcao but, afterr last year with Hazard, I just thiink Roman will gazump us on wages again. When he wants a player it seems he'll do whatever it takes to get him.

The barca boys are keen to streamline the club and look to make profits asap so II doubt we'll be spending huge amounts net. Think we'll see a number of players leaving whose contribution and wage ratio are out of wack.

Think we need 3 new starters. A striker, an attacking midfielder/wide player and a Barry replacement, someone with mobility. I'd keep Barry but next season he should be more of a sub imo.

Something like

-------------Hart---------------
--Zaba----Nasty---Kompany--Clichy-
----------Song--Toure------------
--Silva------Aguero------Reus/Isco/Sanchez----
-------------Falcao---------------

TBH, I hope that we can do what Dortmund did and buy the next big player before they're big.

Last edited:
Forgot about Isco - didn't he just sign a new deal like weeks ago?

I wouldn't want Sanchez personally. Not impressed with him at all. Quality wide players are hard to find at the moment around Europe. Might be worth looking further afield, like United/PSG did with Lucas Moura.

If you could get Isco and Falcao, that'd be pretty amazing and send a serious message out.

Not sure but I'd suspect that a fee ooof 25-30 would land Isco.

As for Sanchez, he's a strange one. He looked absolute dynamite before Barca. Was so gutted when we lost out there.

Further afield? Perhaps closer to home? 'Oi Levy, 45m and Dzeko, take it or leave it!'

Sanchez is quality he`s just not made for Barca. He would be a nightmare w/ MUTD or City imo. Isco won`t be leaving he is the core of the team.

As for Sanchez, he's a strange one. He looked absolute dynamite before Barca. Was so gutted when we lost out there.

Further afield? Perhaps closer to home? 'Oi Levy, 45m and Dzeko, take it or leave it!'

Forgot about Bale, for some reason convinced myself he would only go abroad. I think he would absolutely tear apart La Liga, personally.

But make it 60m + Dzeko and it probably makes sense for both parties.

Would be interesting to see how he would do in la liga. Would help evaluate the strength of LL defending in comparison to the PL

I disagree Beach, I think Sanchez is a potential bargain, he doesn't suit Barcelona at all which makes him look worse.

he'd be perfect for a counter attacking side.

Sanchez was great for Undinese.
One of the things that are forgotten is the fact that Barcelona's just can't seem to fit in players from outside La Masia: Zlatan, Chygrynsky, Song, Sanchez and even to a certain extend Fabregas (who apparently didn't stay long enough at La Masia) and David Villa. Dani ALves and Eto'o both did extremely well but IMO they are among the most underrated players of the last years, certainly Eto'o. He is one of the best strikers ever.

If i was an English club i would buy Sanchez, no doubt about him.

I don't want Dzeko for Spurs...I want Leandro Damiao (but maybe he wil lstay in Bazil until after the WC).

Sanchez was great for Undinese.
One of the things that are forgotten is the fact that Barcelona's just can't seem to fit in players from outside La Masia: Zlatan, Chygrynsky, Song, Sanchez and even to a certain extend Fabregas (who apparently didn't stay long enough at La Masia) and David Villa. Dani ALves and Eto'o both did extremely well but IMO they are among the most underrated players of the last years, certainly Eto'o. He is one of the best strikers ever.

If i was an English club i would buy Sanchez, no doubt about him.

I don't want Dzeko for Spurs...I want Leandro Damiao (but maybe he wil lstay in Bazil until after the WC).

Looks like Damiao is joining Napoli

Wow when did City become such a charitable club?

We'll be happy to take your £45m and Dzeko. I don't think we're going to offer anything in return tho, you can have Adebayor back:P

_38756073_asp_foe_300.jpg

article-2311479-006330E400000258-90_306x423.jpg

14526-zoom.jpg

soccer-fa-carling-premiership-west-ham-united-v-blackburn-rovers.jpg

Pict_6cf68_120319034900-heart-marc-vivien-foe-horizontal-gallery.jpg

1225523677a5325017701ml.jpg

Will never forget the day I saw the the breaking news on SSN about him passing away :(

Gentle Giant still missed.

Back
Top Bottom