Manchester City Thread

Might still win it this season. If City can win out the season (so 11 in a row) I'm 100% sure they'll win the league.

Not that it's easy, of course, but could happen.

Yes but you are biased, you are a United fan. Everybody else on this forum knows that Man City ahven't got the slightest chance.

Yes but you are biased, you are a United fan. Everybody else on this forum knows that Man City ahven't got the slightest chance.

I genuinely believed we'd win the league last year when we (briefly) had the 8 point lead. I was utterly, utterly shocked with the Wigan result, and moreso with the last 10 minutes of the Everton match. That a Ferguson team would be so slack, knowing what it meant...thought it was impossible.

So I'm not counting this one until I see the red ribbons on a trophy above Evra's head.

City basically only have 1 match a week for the rest of the season. They could quite realistically win all 11 matches while United are distracted by Europe. City's squad may not be up to it, but they won't have to be if Mancini can field the same XI each week til the seasons over.

The funny thing about City is when Mancini is feeling the pressure, they sort of crumble but when its relieved (like it is now) they go back to just playing well and getting wins.

I think us United fans are the only ones who aren't writing City off.

They're exceedingly capable of winning quietly because everyones already given United the title. You never know, we could slip up in the next few games and then lose against them and then you've got a title race.

Last year still haunts me so much.

Probert needs to join Kolarov on the dole

I don't get why Everton celebrate beating us like they do. You'd think they've just won the CL and been reunited with a long lost love

Hate them

This was an important win for Everton...quite obvious.
And that after a match were the ref disallowed a perfectly valid goal from Mirallas and Nastasic made a penalty foul on Fellaini (he blocked him with his arms).
Fellaini handed the ball in side the box, that should have been a penalty too.

Coleman was great, MOTM for me.

It's not just today but always when we play. Probably something to do with Lescott/Moyes/Mancini

Linesman gave the offside - but then again it was a matter of inches.

Obstruction is an indirect free kick not a penalty, or at least is was when I played.

Everton got off lightly today with cards. Fellaini should have obviously been sent off (and I think Pienaar only got a 2nd yellow for his lunge). Hardly fair on those teams in competition with Everton.
If you bottle the penalty and the red in such a ridiculous manner you don't deserve to referee at the top level.

We didn't lose the game because of the ref, EFC played well, and a draw does nothing for us, but that was an absurd performance by the ref.

I don't get why Everton celebrate beating us like they do. You'd think they've just won the CL and been reunited with a long lost love

Hate them
They're perennial game-raisers against the top four, yet can lose an FA Cup quarter-final at home to Wigan 3-0. Strange team.

shocking performance + no fighting spirit...only in last minutes of the game city speed up the game, but they can´t buy one thing, that is team spirit.

Fellaini´s handball was result of Heitinga´s handball wich was the first and ref got it right imo.

Mucha was amazing today in goal, i´m happy for him, he is to good to play just behind Howard and this is bad for our NT, but he won´t get such money in other teams i think...so he accepted, but he saved everton today at some City´s chances.

Last edited:
sthey can´t buy one thing, that is team spirit.

Cliched nonsense.

Any team going to Everton, a hard place at the best of times, without their 3 most influential players is going to struggle, esp when you fill the midfield with slow limited grafters. A midfield of Kolarov--Barry--Garcia--Milner is terrible. Nasri should have started today because with those 4 our forwards had no service and Everton's midfield was just too mobile for them.

Also, 3-4-3 gave Baines and Coleman free reign to bomb down the wings at will. The 3 at the back BS has only worked once of twice. Mancini needs to fuck it off

Team spirit is not a problem at City, no-one can match City and Utd in terms of late goals. The problems lie elswhere

Plus, Everton are our bogey team. It happens. It doesn't mean you lack team spirit, blah, blah, blah

shocking performance + no fighting spirit...only in last minutes of the game city speed up the game, but they can´t buy one thing, that is team spirit.

Fellaini´s handball was result of Heitinga´s handball wich was the first and ref got it right imo.

Mucha was amazing today in goal, i´m happy for him, he is to good to play just behind Howard and this is bad for our NT, but he won´t get such money in other teams i think...so he accepted, but he saved everton today at some City´s chances.

Don't you mean Osman?

Keeping Toure is a big result for City. From his agent's rather clear gamble I thought he was off, and that City wouldn't be strong armed into a fat contract at his age and, erm, propensity to possibly lose some fitness (see his brother).

But keeping him is going to be very big for next season. They would otherwise have had to go and try to buy another marquee signing at >30m as well as give that player time to bed down.

Not that money matters of course, but some continuity in the squad is important. And he is a leader when he wants to be.

From what I hear, Yaya wanted 5 years and city wanted 3 years.

He's a big enough name tho so if in 2 or 3 years he's on the wane I doubt it'll be difficult to release him. Clubs like Anzhi and Galatasary like a big name player

Is Mancini asking to be sacked?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22047043

How on earth can a man with that kind of financial backing be so whiny? He is completely detached from reality.

All five top targets identified by Mancini last summer opted against joining City.

that gives me hope not all players are playing for money..

i think to Mancini´s defence, it is difficult to win with so much pressure to repeat title win year after winning it...

but honestly, sometimes money won´t solve everything.. United are a special team, even without playing their best, they already have title secured mostly by buying best striker from last season that was crazy good in first half of the season... also it´s hard to win against so well organised team as United.

Last season Mancini went defensive w/ the top clubs and batter the middle to lower table clubs. He changed his formula and that led them to be so behind.

Looks like Yaya is being unleashed

--------------------------Hart,

Zabaleta--------Kompany------------Nastasic------Clichy,

----------------Milner---------------Barry------------

------Nasri----------------Yaya----------------Silva---

---------------------------Tevez------------------------

Zaba, Milner, Barry and Clichy will have too be on their game to sweep up any counters

Interesting that Mancini is giving Nasri a chance to come good.

That lineup should utterly dominate posession, the concern for City will be that Nasri/Silva aren't all that good at tracking back nor are they very fast. So transitions will be key.

You'll definitely score first.

Mike Dean - always to be known as the referee who doesn't understand the game itself.

Heard my head scream "Aguerooooooooooooo!" Very good goal.

And I reckon United will get caught on the counter chasing the equaliser.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom