Manchester City Thread

Barry (lol) and Hart

Deary me...

He's some some good things in the game but II really don;t like Garcia at CB. Positioning is awful.

45 mins to SOS

The embarrassing nature of today's game is the worst part of it. Don't mind not winning the league but today took me back to some of the Hughes era performances, and even prior!

3 goals conceded from 3 fuckups, 2 of which were unbelievable, is one thing, but the way we performed throughout (incl the manager) was just sad.

And after I defend Barry he goes and has the worst game of his career, cheers pal!

I'm back in my 'I hate football mood' :(

Last edited:
money can´t buy you nothing short term.

City wasted milions, WASTED.

I have to disagree with you and defend the Blue side there. If anything, they proved that it CAN buy short term success. If you want to talk about wasting millions, then Pool might actually be a better example. Who will be better off in the long run though is far too early to tell. It'sa not like City is having a bad season by any means . I do think their title last season obscured the fact that while they successfully took advantage of Utd slip ups in the end.. We had by far the worst injury list last season and City had one of the shortest if not THE shortest injury list across the season. This season Utd injury woes have been far more limited and we added the best striker in the EPL. Luck is a large part of football. We can still falter. City will be just fine if they can maintain a core group of players and have management, that's in it for the long haul.

P. S. Nasri looks to be one of the shittiest buys of the season

Last edited:
Yea, Nasri lacks the guts/heart/courage/will/desire to play for a top club.

The ultimate fairweather player.

Looking forward to the summer when he is sold.

Seasons not over yet. United still need to win against Everton tomorrow, or else nothing has changed from 5 hours ago.

Last season we let a 5 point lead slip (it was 8 at one stage but City had a game in hand - media ignores that of course) with just 6 matches to go.

Given that City have lost today, I actually think Fergie will change his team for Everton to a reserve squad, viewing this as a 'free' weekend. I think it'll be back to 9 points again by tomorrow evening.

Then it's a City win at OT to 6 points, and United have a far more difficult run in (Chelsea/Arsenal away).

1 less game tho - and we've still lost one of the 'easier' games.

Can see Fergie making 1 or 2 changes but I can't see Everton winning, no matter what. I'll probably be pissed off more if Everton get something!

I have to disagree with you and defend the Blue side there. If anything, they proved that it CAN buy short term success.

I´m sorry i said it wrong, i ment short term buys won´t buy you success for long time. Buy´s like: Let´s buy everyone huraayyy are not the answer.. United build the team and have success, Liverpool try that now for example.. City dosn´t build since they are owned by sheiks, they just collect if you know what i mean.

If you want to talk about wasting millions, then Pool might actually be a better example.

I disagree, those milions wasted by Liverpool were wasted becouse they had the money from selling two players, Babel and Torres. Milions wasted by City have been from the pockets of the owners straight, without previous selling money. They simply wasted to much to be at this point now after how much? three or four years crazy spending on players and sallary´s as well.

We can still falter.

come on :) we both know you already won the title today. The rest will be cruising by United knowing they have no competition in domestic league.

City realy nee to follow other path to success, one that might be longer to wait..

Wasted money is wasted money.

Don't worry tho, you'll get another chance to show just how long term you are with money once we "collect" Suarez! :BOP:

Wasted money is wasted money.

Don't worry tho, you'll get another chance to show just how long term you are with money once we "collect" Suarez! :BOP:

see, i don´t hate you to write a hate post..i was only objective.. i don´t even hate United.. i have respect towards them and i think it would be boring if they didn´t exist for any team in the league..

And, i love Liverpool FC not Suarez FC, so if he will go, i´m sure the people who run our club will make it also to our benefit as well.

But honestly if that happens one day, i will wish him good luck :)

He will need it in a team like City, where the pressure for player to perform and win something is maybe even biger than in LFC atm. We already had a superstar leave us at worst moment, we moved on and the guy had never performed better since..

Anyway good luck in the rest of season :BYE:

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that your point was objective, but I'll be kind and put it down to language.

i was joking about Suarez. I wouldn't want him at City anyway.

Players out de Jong, Johnson, Savic, Balotelli,

Players in Javi Garcia, Sinclair, Nastasic, Rodwell,

Nastasic is possibly better than Savic lbut apart from that everything is a downgrade or not even a like for like replacement. Losing a player like De Jong and not getting another shielding player was a crazy decision. Whomever makes the transfer decisions at City (either Mancini or Marwood or who replaced him) should really be replaced as they've taken a fairly balanced squad made it a bit weaker and a lot less balanced.

Nastasic is definitely better than Savic, he's class.

The rest however...

De Jong > Garcia
Johnson > Sinclair
Rodwell, well, he's basicaally been another Hargreaves so far. a gamble for the future.
Maicon would have been OK if he hadn't been injured.
Balotelli is irrelevant really. The damage was done last summer.

Last edited:
Players out de Jong, Johnson, Savic, Balotelli,

Players in Javi Garcia, Sinclair, Nastasic, Rodwell,

Nastasic is possibly better than Savic lbut apart from that everything is a downgrade or not even a like for like replacement. Losing a player like De Jong and not getting another shielding player was a crazy decision. Whomever makes the transfer decisions at City (either Mancini or Marwood or who replaced him) should really be replaced as they've taken a fairly balanced squad made it a bit weaker and a lot less balanced.

Didn`t Sandro blast MCity for trying to buy their ex-Administration ? or is it their present Admin team? Imagine Joan Laporta`s regime at MCity :LOL:

Didn`t Sandro blast MCity for trying to buy their ex-Administration ? or is it their present Admin team? Imagine Joan Laporta`s regime at MCity :LOL:

He blasted us for allegedly unsettling Busquets.

He also blasted Arsenal for doing the same to their youth players.

He blasted us for allegedly unsettling Busquets.

He also blasted Arsenal for doing the same to their youth players.

He hates Arsenal a well known fact! btw we get their youth players all the time only Fabregas has panned out . We have 2 youth players now 1 is half brit/spanish the other is full spanish he made it to the CL squad :CONFUSE: for the numbers vs. Munich .

I stand corrected about Barry............................ oh wait, no I don't. Sorry nothing will say will convert my view on him, that is one of the worst OG's I've ever saw, I saw him hit a shot against Liverpool the other week with less accuracy, just show's you his ability.

As for Hart, City must have rank bad goalies in reserve. He's been excellent past couple of years, but he should be dropped for club and country.

FD

Nice goal by Yaya.

Soft pen. One of those fouls outside the box that don't usually get given inside.

Not looking like we'll fall foul to Leeds as our dear neighbours did. Blackburn at home in the next round please!

If City had matched Utd's chance conversion rate this season our GD would be +48 (+15 above Utd)

Very depressing. Also quite surprising for me since it suggests that creativity isn't our problem. I thought it was.

A lack of hunger is City's problem.
As a club they aren't used to follow up a fantastic season with another one. In England only United is able to do that...Winning is in their DNA thanks to Ferguson.

Next season City will win the title or at least come close...

Might still win it this season. If City can win out the season (so 11 in a row) I'm 100% sure they'll win the league.

Not that it's easy, of course, but could happen.

A lack of hunger is City's problem.
As a club they aren't used to follow up a fantastic season with another one. In England only United is able to do that...Winning is in their DNA thanks to Ferguson.

Next season City will win the title or at least come close...

A lack of kompany and if nasri had any class and drive this race would be closer

Back
Top Bottom