Manchester City Thread

Yes, LFC should definitely have played the ball out because Dzeko clearly needed treatment.

Oh, what's that? He was perfectly able to sprint over and protest to the linesman after the goal, and went on to play the rest of the match?

Wait, does that mean he was trying to gain advantage by feigning injury, and the ref did well not to let him?

(it was a foul, waaaaaa, but I HATE the way players feign injury when they're not).

It's just what all teams do whether it turns out the player needed the treatment or not. He didn't argue with the linesman until afterwards. I can't be sure but I don't think the Liverpool players had access to a time machine.

No, FIFA specifically changed the rules because teams were abusing that policy so much. See Portuguese football. Once a team takes the lead, any contact as much as a sneeze and players roll around waiting for 'treatment'.

It was a sensible rule change.

It was definitely a foul, but that was pretty early in a match you barely had a sniff in and still managed to draw. I seriously don't think you can point to that as the incident that changed things.

And for the record, Dzeko never received any treatment at all. He played straight from the ensuing kick off, and never left the field. So quite clearly he was fine, and was just sitting on his butt because he was protesting not getting a foul.

Man Utd just won the EPL today, football is a sports played with two teams of 11 players and a match lasts 90 minutes. In the end Man Utd always win with a litle help from referees, the FA and god knows whop else. Once again the most boring team will be champions...nevertheless congratulations on a well deserved title...after 38 matches the best team always wins.

PS: there was a foul on Dzeko, so Sturridge wonderfull goal should never have happened.
PPS: fantastic Agüero goal and a good assist from "crappy" Milner for the Dzeko goal.

Agree about Utd being ugly/boring to watch, "pinball football" I call it (get it out wide and ping in a cross), but I don't think Utd have had too many game-winning favourable decisions this season (vidic's winning goal vs Liverpool being the only one that springs to mind and eeven then it was close).

They simply bought RVP and we went backwards, that's why they're Champions(-elect)

No, FIFA specifically changed the rules because teams were abusing that policy so much. See Portuguese football. Once a team takes the lead, any contact as much as a sneeze and players roll around waiting for 'treatment'.

It was a sensible rule change.

It was definitely a foul, but that was pretty early in a match you barely had a sniff in and still managed to draw. I seriously don't think you can point to that as the incident that changed things.

And for the record, Dzeko never received any treatment at all. He played straight from the ensuing kick off, and never left the field. So quite clearly he was fine, and was just sitting on his butt because he was protesting not getting a foul.

I'm aware of the rule change but it's still an unwritten rule among the players.

As for Dzeko, so?

Agree about Utd being ugly/boring to watch, "pinball football" I call it (get it out wide and ping in a cross), but I don't think Utd have had too many game-winning favourable decisions this season (vidic's winning goal vs Liverpool being the only one that springs to mind and eeven then it was close).

They simply bought RVP and we went backwards, that's why they're Champions(-elect)

That's big of you, respect.

I also don't think it's over by any stretch of the imagination. 8.4 odds on a City title triumph at Betfair at the moment. I'm allll over that.

United play Everton 3 days before Madrid next week. If United get 3 points there, I'll feel better, but I seriously doubt they will. If City are within 9 points when the two teams meet, I still think City have a better shot. United have to play Chelsea and Arsenal late in the season, whereas post-United, City have a cakewalk. And the mental mishaps of last year will have seriously damaged United's confidence.

I'm aware of the rule change but it's still an unwritten rule among the players.

As for Dzeko, so?

I just don't get what you're saying then. That LFC should have played it out so that Dzeko could receive treatment because he was injured. But he wasn't injured and didn't need treatment.

So what did LFC do wrong? The ref f*cked up, not them.

I just don't get what you're saying then. That LFC should have played it out so that Dzeko could receive treatment because he was injured. But he wasn't injured and didn't need treatment.

So what did LFC do wrong? The ref f*cked up, not them.

I don't think it's relevant what did or did not happen after.

Anyway, I'm far more pissed off with the ref and linesman than with Liverpool. They technically followed the laws of the game, fine, but still...

That's big of you, respect.

I also don't think it's over by any stretch of the imagination. 8.4 odds on a City title triumph at Betfair at the moment. I'm allll over that.

United play Everton 3 days before Madrid next week. If United get 3 points there, I'll feel better, but I seriously doubt they will. If City are within 9 points when the two teams meet, I still think City have a better shot. United have to play Chelsea and Arsenal late in the season, whereas post-United, City have a cakewalk. And the mental mishaps of last year will have seriously damaged United's confidence.

After last year Utd won't give up a 6+ lead again.

Wouldn't be surprised if the lead is nearer 15 pts for the derby. Everton away has loss written all over it for us.

the ref did nothing wrong, you only have to kick the ball out when there is head injury, there was no problem with dzeko's head, he was faking an injury. all the players knew he was faking it and that why they aint kick it out..

the ref did nothing wrong, you only have to kick the ball out when there is head injury, there was no problem with dzeko's head, he was faking an injury. all the players knew he was faking it and that why they aint kick it out..

This. I also agree a foul should ve been given but in a way I loved LFC capitalizing on it. This has nothing to do with the teams involved. If Dzeko would've been a Utd player I would've felt the same way. All this grabbing your head, rolling around like a lil bitch stuff is seriously taking away from the love of the game. And yes, every team does it, I know why they do it, but that doesn't make it right. Ref probably should very stopped the game but from an impartial standpoint I'm glad he didn't reward that behavior. But I understood the crowds response.

And Gerd, I agree with Beach . I've seen every second of every Utd game this season and your claims make me believe you did anything but the same. Kudos to you indeed Godo for rising above the rivalry and providing your respectable input.

My dear friends United fans,

You guys have forgotten the match against Chelsea, i guess... (Torres' sending off, among others)
Some of you even had the grace to be embarassed at the time... others simply said that for once United was lucky against Chelsea.

Then there was the match against Spurs at White Heart Lane. Some of you will mention the penalty on Rooney (i'm not sure about that, but ok), every single other decision was against Spurs. I remember Kagawa (a player i love) holding back Dembele and doing exactly the same with another Spurs player, Spurs should also have gotten a penalty... Those are only two matches...

About De Gea: some people call me baised in favour of De Gea, i've always defended him, he has everything to become one of the best GK's in the world.

Never criticised Carrick, imo he is an underrated player who should have played more for the national team...

I think most of Untited's players are among the very best in the league on top of that somehow they always win even when being led. That is a sign of quality and they deserve to be champions. I just don't like their stale football and their extremely unfair manager who is contstantly manipulating refs and linesmen (recent example: that poor linesmen in the match against Spurs).

It's true that RVP made the difference. Him or Leighton Baines should get the player of the year award. I hope for Baines RVP gets him, otherwise he will get the same treatment as Parker and Bale from the big club fans...

Last edited:
Great to see Mario Balotelli's debut at AC Milan, scoring both goals in the 2:1 win over Udinese, including the injury time penalty.
He will flourish now that he's back home in Italy, hopefully he will realize his potential.

He's a lovely player and most of the times also a decent human being.
But despite this i am rather pessimistic about his future...hope i'm wrong.

So in reality a poor result for Man City at the Emirates on Sunday (sorry I mean the Etihad :D )

what happened to Nasri? What an awful player these days. Garcia looks like a slow cumbersome version of Barry and Barry is a midtable player, not Champions material.

I only rate Toure and playmaker Silva in midfield. Aguero is amazing player. But no width and slow, predictable style of football will unhinge Man City.

Utd to walk the league this year. City need better players and a better manager.

City are good enough Benni.
Player for player, City have a better team than United.
What is the problem then ?

City won the title but they are not a top team yet. It's only the big teams who perform season after season. In England Man Utd currently is the only club who succeeds to do that (5 years ago you had 3 clubs: Arsenal, UTd and Chelsea). Man City must take it step by step: first aim is compete every season and then win every season.
They had the normal decompression wich follwos after triumph. It can take 4 or 5 years before Man City area team that can compete every single season (and even then things can go wrong, other wise Man Utd would win eacht and every title).

City have proven enough this year that they are able to play some fantastic football.
The following players are among the best players in their postion: Kompany, Zabaleta (very underrated player), Yaya Touré, Silva, Aguëro, Dzeko, Tevez
Players like Hart, Clichy, Milner, Javi Garcia, Barry, Lescott are more than capable enough to play in a side that can compete for the title.

IMO Nastasic isn't good enough.

Nasri is the odd one out: very talented, but he has no brains at all. I would sell him for big money and buy a better, more consistent player... If i were Mansour, i would go on a hunt in Germany (Borrussia Dortmund).

PS: for football's sake, i hope City don't buy any Dortmund players...

Last edited:
on paper yes, Gerd I agree. But paper never won a football match as Andy Gray would say :D

Utd have a better team spirit and would run through brick walls for Ferguson.

City have too much in-fighting, a manager who can't seem to get the best out of the egos there and players like Tevez who are constantly saying they'll leave-stay-leave-stay etc.

City have incredible talent but dont have Man Utd squad depth IMO.

Lack of team spirit?
Too much in-fighting?
Egos?

Lazy, cliched nonsense.

Barry is a defending champion so saying he's a midtable player is clearly bollox.

There's not much wrong at City, the core of the team (Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero) is in better shape than most sides in europe, we just need to have a better transfer window than we did last summer, bring in some more pace and creativity in midfield, trim the fat and thee wage bill, and supplement the squad with some of the youngsters like Guidetti.

I'd make Fellaini and Modric my no.1 targets before looking at strikers or wingers. Them two and Yaya in a middle 3 would destroy most teams.

Darron Gibson was a defending champion. So was Djemba Djemba.

Barry is extremely limited. No pace, power or creativty.

True.

I still dont rate him though and I know many City supporter who feel the same.

Are you happy with Mancini or would you like to see a different manager in there Godotelli?

Most people I know who criticise and make a joke of Barry only started to do so when Ozil outpaced him for Germany. I don't take criticism of Barry seriously by those who don't watch him every game. He was one of our best players in the title winning team. Yes, he's slow and so buying another slow CM like Garcia was just stupid - and playing them 2 versus the 3 of Liverpool was insane - but he's more than warranted his place for us and I certainly wouldn't sell him.

Mancini pisses me off sometimes with some of his decisions but I don't see many out there that would be worth sacking him for. Would have liked Pep and Mourinho is an obvious candidate but I don't like his football - or him for that matter. I doubt Mansour would want an eye-poker heading his football club either. He's also a veery temporary manager. I want a manageer who, if successful, would stay for a decade+

Mancini deserves one more shot at thee CL imo.

Last edited:
Don't see why there's so much hate for Barry. I think players like him are great and are very useful to have.

Reliable when needed - these are pretty hard to find.

Don't see why there's so much hate for Barry. I think players like him are great and are very useful to have.

Yep. The guy is good, consistent, reliable and the ultimate professional and team player. Not to mention versatile. Players like him are actually quite rare these days.

And even now that he's past his peak, he's still a good player and an important part of the squad.

In his prime in his last couple years at Aston Villa, he was even better and one of my fav players.

Not sure how people can hate on him to be honest. I'd love to have him in squad. His number of EPL appearances is already impressive and by the time he's retired, it'll be even more so. When every manager, coach and team-mate he's ever had sees quality in him but casual fans don't, you know who's right and who's wrong....

Last edited:

I think Barry & Carrick very similar and of equal importance/quality, okay carrick more important to use imo simply cos we haven't the quality in depth that city have in midfield, but still y'know what I mean...

Does anyone care enough about Barry to 'hate' him? He's always been a 'meh' footballer for me. Good enough, unspectacular but necessary. Never invoked any massive feelings either way.

Does anyone care enough about Barry to 'hate' him? He's always been a 'meh' footballer for me. Good enough, unspectacular but necessary. Never invoked any massive feelings either way.

nah when he was the main man at Villa he did enough for me to show he was above average...

people expecting same at club like city?

he gotta outshine, vinnie? yaya? aguero? tevez? silva?

but fair enough some people dont see, thats wjy i evoked carrick comparison.

Back
Top Bottom