Manchester City Thread

Summerbee is quality and he only comments on Utd matches when they're playing City, from what I can recall.

He's not there to be neutral in that case.

Manchester City look set to become the second highest earning club in the Premier League - behind rivals Manchester United, according to Deloitte’s latest Football Money League table.

City have risen five places to seventh in the annual list that ranks the world's top 20 clubs in terms of revenue generated - surpassing both Tottenham and Liverpool.

London clubs Arsenal and Chelsea are still ahead of Roberto Mancini's side but City are on course to move past them if they can maintain similar success over the next two years.

1 Real Madrid - £414.7m (revenue 2011-12)
2 Barcelona - £390.8m
3 Manchester United - £320.3m
4 Bayern Munich - £298.1m
5 Chelsea - £261m
6 Arsenal - £234.9m
7 Manchester City - £231.1m
8 AC Milan - £207.9m
9 Liverpool - £188.7m
10 Juventus - £158.1m
11 Borussia Dortmund - £153m
12 Inter - £150.4m
13 Tottenham - £144.2m
14 Schalke - £141.2m
15 Napoli - £120.1m
16 Marseille - £109.8m
17 Lyon - £106.7m
18 Hamburg - £98m
19 Roma - £93.8m
20 Newcastle - £93.3m

Manchester City look set to become the second highest earning club in the Premier League - behind rivals Manchester United, according to Deloitte’s latest Football Money League table.

City have risen five places to seventh in the annual list that ranks the world's top 20 clubs in terms of revenue generated - surpassing both Tottenham and Liverpool.

London clubs Arsenal and Chelsea are still ahead of Roberto Mancini's side but City are on course to move past them if they can maintain similar success over the next two years.

1 Real Madrid - £414.7m (revenue 2011-12)
2 Barcelona - £390.8m
3 Manchester United - £320.3m
4 Bayern Munich - £298.1m
5 Chelsea - £261m
6 Arsenal - £234.9m
7 Manchester City - £231.1m
8 AC Milan - £207.9m
9 Liverpool - £188.7m
10 Juventus - £158.1m
11 Borussia Dortmund - £153m
12 Inter - £150.4m
13 Tottenham - £144.2m
14 Schalke - £141.2m
15 Napoli - £120.1m
16 Marseille - £109.8m
17 Lyon - £106.7m
18 Hamburg - £98m
19 Roma - £93.8m
20 Newcastle - £93.3m
but what is there profit?

That's the thing about the Deloitte list - there's no bottom line. I much prefer the Forbes one which should be out in a couple months - that indicates expenditure too.

Still, that's impressive revenue growth regardless of underlying costs. Any idea what % of that is just the Etihad deal?

Think the Etihad deal works out at 30m a year, iirc. The bottom line still won't look very good I'm guessing but should come down drastically over the record loss seen previous (which I'm told included some amortising and other economic strategies, which I'm not qualified to talk about, in order to paint a better picture for FFP)

49% of total revenue is commercial. City don't gain as much revenue from matchdays as others due to lower prices and, not including Chelsea, a smaller stadium.

City will have to increase prices or capacity in the next few years. There's been talk of increasing the capacity to 55k or so, which I would prefer to see rather than price increases.

Am i reasoning right if i say that FFP might mean higher ticket prices ?
The ticket prices in England are absolutely insane and a disgrace...

expensive (+) overhead (-) revenues = loss or profit. That would be an interesting scale for the top 20 clubs.

Pretty sure the Guardian did look at that a while back, I think I posted in the FFP thread. Believe only 4 teams in the whole league made a profit (!)

Not sure how accurate that list is.... how is Milan in the top 10???

Silvio-Berlusconi.jpg

He is a very underrated player...and one of my favourite EPL players...not a star but very consistent...give Balotelli the mentality of Zabaleta and you have a top player in the world.

My favorite City player was Danny Mills (he was the end of a joke) My all time favorite Danny Mills I think Keegan would agree also :))

Liking the draw. I want to see Leeds (and Forest and the Sheffield clubs) back in the PL and so to play them is nice. Let's just hope we do better than our neighbours did against them or else I may change my mind about wanting them back!

Liking the draw. I want to see Leeds (and Forest and the Sheffield clubs) back in the PL and so to play them is nice. Let's just hope we do better than our neighbours did against them or else I may change my mind about wanting them back!

Haha I know what you mean. In a way I am more excited about your matchup than our own in the next round. Could be entertaining, especially with Leeds wanting to prove itself against the current EPL champs I'm sure.

Man City v Leeds is great tie. I hope City win it though would like to see a Man Utd v City and Chelsea v Arsenal Semi Finals!

FA celbrating 150 years - they will warm teh balls to get that draw!!

Ballotelli off to Milan - best bit of business City have done for a while, that guy is bad news for any changing room.

Wonder if that means a last-second big money signing for City.

Who is your really talented youth striker again? I know he's on loan somewhere but is ripping it up?

Guidetti. He's recovering from an illness atm. He played in the eds the other day.

I doubt we'll sign another striker until the summer when we sell Dzeko. I think our strike force next season will be Aguero, Cavani/Falcao, Tevez and Guidetti. Tho, with that said, who knows what we'll do about Tevez' situation

Yeah, Tevez is soon going to reach the 'more trouble than he's worth' stage. I think he's already lost a bit of acceleration and his ability to be 'tenacious' for 90 minutes will only go down with time.

If you do bring in Falcao or Cavani, you'd still need a 3rd 'experienced' striker imo though. Whether that's Tevez or not...who knows.

Isn't there some weirdness with Falcao's contract and 3rd party ownership that might prevent him coming to the premier league?

Back
Top Bottom