Manchester City Thread

i doubt he will ever play for City again, certainly not under Mancini...either Mancini or Tevez will leave the club...

oh another option, that both leave...Tevez for not respecting his employer and Mancini (i wish) for not qualifing for next stage..honestly Napoli and Bayern for me the two to go up..

Trouble in paradise. We already knew for a long time that Tevez is not a team player. So good riddance.

But Mancini is loosing the dressing room: Dzeko reacted after his substitution and Mancini also had a row with Zabaleta because he thought that Zabaleta had defended Tevez. Afterwards Mancine apologised to Zabaleta because he was wrong...all this is very human...but not good for a manager with a squad full of stars with big ego's...

Yesterday Bayern made Man Utd winners of 11-12 title.

They could have problems upfront now, not just because of Tevez, but also the spat between Mancini and Dzeko. Apparently Mancini has said "Dezko will sit next to me for the next games", which one would assume means he will be dropped. That just leaves Aguero and Balotelli, any injuries or suspensions could be a disaster for them. I wonder if they regret farming out Bellamy or Adebayor. Obviously these players also had personal disagreements with Mancini so it would have been hard for them to stay. But they even got rid of reserve ones like Santa Cruz and Caicedo - when you look at the bench there is nothing there in terms of backup strikers.

that´s it gerd, this squad is unnatural to other teams, this is a playstation or master league dream team squad..that in case of city not having the money would never be possible.. i mean Tevez..TEVEZ on bench? WTF? But then you realise they have 4 more strikers with 2 on loan...that´s just ridicilous and at the same time there is no ballance in that team....compare it to united with youngsters and leaders + experienced players..In city squad there is only leaders, but they all lead their own game...Dzeko wanted to shine yesterday for himself...Tevez want´s to play and i don´t blame him... There is to many big players, big ego´s and Mancini is loosing it...but there is no coach who could make a team out of such players in short time... a TEAM needs to grow, to be build for years and have a concept... look at Napoli for example...that is a build team who will hopefully at home beat the city team... to show the world that this is the right way in sport and life...making a no team to a top team by buying succesfull players at once..it´s just not how it should be..it´s an oposite in fact...

i don´t blame the players, i blame the system that allows this to happend..

I can`t see Wenger nor Fergie admit a player refused to play. Mancini to do this shows the pressure is beyond containable . Whining is usually consist of refs, tackles something other than directing pressure towards the team. He admits or lets say he offer info abt Tevez refusal than admits Zabelta was wrongly accused by him. He handle Dzecko perfect imo ,but this man management is allowing cancer to spread. Tevez price(transfer) just drop something he wanted and got.

imho, the main problem is not upfront, the problem is that man city has too many players in the middlefiled that are out of form or they are coached badly.

Tevez always thought himself bigger than the club, which is completly the wrong attitude. Last season he already showed that he was unhappy while being substituted.

Yesterday both Touré brothers were awfull. Very sloppy defending on both goals and yes, Hart playeda very good match...

That's City's fault though Gerd, City made out Tevez was that big with that Poster when he signed and making him the captain when he doesn't even speak English. They put him on a pedestal so they can't really blame anyone.

Dzeko will only be benched for the 1 game, It's hilarious all this chaos without even Mario involved all we need is for him to get Sent off at the weekend for this to be the complete farce.

And you can bet Blackburn will look to target him as well. They'll think "Balotelli's a weak link [in terms of mentality], let's leave the boot in on him".

that´s a good point YoungGun_UK.. Tevez should never have been the captain and i personaly can´t understand why the hell he signed for City if he don´t want to play for them..ok money is not everything in life..but damn, if i had his sallary i would shut my mouth and work for it.. He misses his family? well... in his 30 he will have so much money he don´t need to work for whole life so i bet he could enjoy them more than a lot.. lot´s of professionals also in other sports live abroad and see their family only at some occasions during year.. if he signed a contract, than City easy can fine him for this... it´s basicly them who are loosing money, becouse he is making his total price low..

at the same time City make a lower price for all the international and top players who they can pick from bench..it´s just unnatural.. and i hope it won´t have long lasting..

that´s a good point YoungGun_UK.. Tevez should never have been the captain and i personaly can´t understand why the hell he signed for City if he don´t want to play for them..ok money is not everything in life..but damn, if i had his sallary i would shut my mouth and work for it.. He misses his family? well... in his 30 he will have so much money he don´t need to work for whole life so i bet he could enjoy them more than a lot.. lot´s of professionals also in other sports live abroad and see their family only at some occasions during year.. if he signed a contract, than City easy can fine him for this... it´s basicly them who are loosing money, becouse he is making his total price low..

at the same time City make a lower price for all the international and top players who they can pick from bench..it´s just unnatural.. and i hope it won´t have long lasting..
With the mentality and the friends he has, I see Tevez having financial problems in his 40.

I agree that Tevez never should have been captain.
Now they have Kompany who is a very intelligent guy. I think that is a better choice (and i'm not saying this because he's Belgian, but i've had professional contact with Kompany, i've done something around street soccer with him, Makalamby, Vd Borre and Haroun as PR...Kompany is a very intelligent down to earth guy, just like Haroun...Vd Borre is something entirely different).

About all those young football players: their clubs should give them some sort of guidance. Players like Teveze come from a very poor background, become idols and very, very rich...
I'm almost 50 now, but i'm not sure if i would have been any better at their age without a litle bit of guidance. Talented football players are treated like stars even before they have proven anything...Clubs try to seduce very, very young players (i'm speaking of childeren, younger than 12 years old) and their parents, with the most crazy things...

Now they have Kompany who is a very intelligent guy. I think that is a better choice (and i'm not saying this because he's Belgian, but i've had professional contact with Kompany, i've done something around street soccer with him, Makalamby, Vd Borre and Haroun as PR...Kompany is a very intelligent down to earth guy, just like Haroun...Vd Borre is something entirely different).

About all those young football players: their clubs should give them some sort of guidance. Players like Teveze come from a very poor background, become idols and very, very rich...
I'm almost 50 now, but i'm not sure if i would have been any better at their age without a litle bit of guidance. Talented football players are treated like stars even before they have proven anything...Clubs try to seduce very, very young players (i'm speaking of childeren, younger than 12 years old) and their parents, with the most crazy things...

cant condone tevez action although its only he said,she said for now.but to say he shouldnt have been captain?if it wasnt for tevez,man city would have never and i mean never been in the cl.last i checked he was single handedly carrying citeh.your top scorer,best player getting you there and not even gettin a shot is pretty out of it as well.

Apparently, and this is in the Daily Mirror (which isn't a great newspaper, but it's been secondary quoted in the Telegraph and the Guardian, which are much more reliable) Mancini told Tevez to, "f*** off back to Argentina" and then told Edin Dzeko he could, "f*** off back to Bosnia" during the touchline row in Munich. Fair enough he was in a moment of pressure, but he needs to be careful talking to someone from ex-Yugoslavia about "f---ing off back" to the country. When Dzeko grew up in Sarajevo, from when he was 6 to when he was 10 years old the city he lived in was almost totally destroyed, many of his friends lost parents, brothers etc. Dzeko spends a lot of time (and a considerable amount of his own money) working for various charities in the region, doing eductional stuff about land-mines, working to get children from all the different sides playing football together. For him to be told these words, well I think it's poor form.

I have watched interview with Kompany and i have the same first impression of him, very quiet and ideal captain on pitch imho.. also for Belgium...

Apparently, and this is in the Daily Mirror (which isn't a great newspaper, but it's been secondary quoted in the Telegraph and the Guardian, which are much more reliable) Mancini told Tevez to, "f*** off back to Argentina" and then told Edin Dzeko he could, "f*** off back to Bosnia" during the touchline row in Munich. Fair enough he was in a moment of pressure, but he needs to be careful talking to someone from ex-Yugoslavia about "f---ing off back" to the country. When Dzeko grew up in Sarajevo, from when he was 6 to when he was 10 years old the city he lived in was almost totally destroyed, many of his friends lost parents, brothers etc. Dzeko spends a lot of time (and a considerable amount of his own money) working for various charities in the region, doing eductional stuff about land-mines, working to get children from all the different sides playing football together. For him to be told these words, well I think it's poor form.

belive or not i was thinking the same, no coach should get his emotions go down like that..even if it´s realy special situation.. He should have take it and sort out without such words.. Jugoslavia has bad past and Dzeko is realy not one of those moaners.. i think he was maybe pissed in good way, becouse he was a star in Bundesliga and he could as well end up at Bayern in world without mega-rich Man.City... anyway..to be angry not to play should be Mancini´s joy...and Dzeko being pissed is oposite reason than Tevez being pissed off..so it´s not needed for Mancini to use that words..not even for Tevez... Club as the employer shoudl fine him for this.. (i mean Tevez)

Last edited:

belive or not i was thinking the same, no coach should get his emotions go down like that..even if it´s realy special situation.. He should have take it and sort out without such words.. Jugoslavia has bad past and Dzeko is realy not one of those moaners.. i think he was maybe pissed in good way, becouse he was a star in Bundesliga and he could as well end up at Bayern in world without mega-rich Man.City... anyway..to be angry not to play should be Mancini´s joy...and Dzeko being pissed is oposite reason than Tevez being pissed off..so it´s not needed for Mancini to use that words..not even for Tevez... Club as the employer shoudl fine him for this.. (i mean Tevez)

also agree with both of you. so poor and patetic from mancini.

I just keep thinking what would have happened if a player told Fergie no. There's be this moment of utter shock on his face, and then I like to think Fergie would just go for the old fashion street fight. Would be comic gold.

I love that City's punishment is to suspend him two weeks (which he'll be in argentina for) and fine him 500k (which is roughly two weeks salary).

Yeah, that'll show him!

Any Manager under Mcity will have the pressure , we just saw him cracked. Arry having a go at Tevez is the Wheeler Dealer making his approach :LOL:

Of course just like the way they've figured the best way to get around it is for Tevez to claim he didn't say no to coming on but warming up as he was ready.

Back
Top Bottom