Manchester City Thread

They are just a few, like Kanoute and Amr Zaki among the famous ones, who are fasting all Ramadan long. Most of them put their performances first over God's order. It's just a matter of personal choice of course. Being a Muslim technically doesn't mean they are religious anyway. Whatever..

Don't forget Mbark Boussoufa, he is also fasting all Ramadan long and I agree with you it's personal choice...

Dzeko is a superb player, he runs in all the right places, has a great touch and as you saw today can score with either foot or his head.

He did a great long rage goal too.

People can stop talking $hit about him now.

The guy's top class and now EPL fans know it. He's the type of striker you hate to play against because he can hurt you in so many different ways. He's gonna be Man City's main goal-getter with Aguero chipping in some as well but setting him up more often than he sets up Kun.

I put a $50 bet on him at 1/26! (Which I thought were incredible odds) BEFORE the season kicked off to become EPL leading goal-scorer, I wonder what the odds are now... :P

Far from a done deal of course but looking like a good bet right now.

The fact that Dzeko is now paired with Aguero instead of Tevez plays a major role in Dzeko's transformation. Aguero is much more of a team player than Tevez (well the Tevez from man City, i mean, not the one who played for United).

You think it couldn't get more ridiculous than the way City are spending, then comes Anzhi with a whole new level.

I cant hate City really.

Ok their spending has been excessive and the disappointing thing about it is it upsets the transfer market.

However City fans have been through some right crap down the years, and deserve a spot in the sun for all the misery they have had.

Just dont become arrogant!

I cant hate City really.

Ok their spending has been excessive and the disappointing thing about it is it upsets the transfer market.

However City fans have been through some right crap down the years, and deserve a spot in the sun for all the misery they have had.

Just dont become arrogant!

Thank you!

We will enjoy our success, and as far as we can see, the big spending is over, it will be reduced to maybe one 'big' transfer a year, in line with the other clubs who did it for 20 years. The youth setup now is astounding, and should produce some class talent.

Amazing Kun.
The best transfer in Premier.

El-delantero-argentino-del-Man_54214315167_51347059679_342_226.jpg

Meh. David Silva is the real star of the team. What a player. Best midfielder in the league at the moment.

Amazing Kun.
The best transfer in Premier.

El-delantero-argentino-del-Man_54214315167_51347059679_342_226.jpg

Is that the best transfer since you started watching the 'Premier'? If so, fair enough, he is likely the best of hte last 5 minutes or so.

(nothing against the player, but perhaps we should wait 3 matches before declaring him better than Henry, Cantona, Ronaldo and so forth??)

Is that the best transfer since you started watching the 'Premier'? If so, fair enough, he is likely the best of hte last 5 minutes or so.

(nothing against the player, but perhaps we should wait 3 matches before declaring him better than Henry, Cantona, Ronaldo and so forth??)

to be fair i think he means of this season, which if you look at his goals, is a fair comment, he makes it look very easy...

looking forward to seeing what this team do in europe...

Yeah he meant the summer Beachryan surely, which is either him or Nasri.

I actually hate the football their playing at the minute, Nasri, Silva and Aguero make them dare I say great to watch:SICK:

As they settle in, the combination of Dzeko, Nasri, Silva and Aguerro is going to be absolutely devastating. They're all 'smart' players that understand space, and it's incredibly rare for that many to all play together. A joy to watch to be sure.

Looks like City have finally spent enough to catch up (and surpass?) the other big teams in England. It'll be really interesting to see their financials, but all signs point towards their wage bill possibly being DOUBLE their revenue (it was 115% in the last records, and that was pre Dzeko, Aguerro, Nasri, Kolarov, etc). Not much of a business model, but hey who cares right?

Lol Ryan, Let it go dude, the world isn't fair...

You make very good points and are right in much of what you say but the bitterness is coming across in every single post! You're starting to sound like a broken record bro mentioning financials and business plan and wage bills every single time you have a sentence with City in it.

We get it and you're right anyway, but you've argued your case before and it's all been said...

Hope I'm not offending you with this post. Just speaking my mind and my own personal opinion on this.

You're spot on PLF, and I had the same issue with Chelsea 7 years ago.

For me it's like saluting Barry Bonds ability to hit home runs, without sticking the asterix next to his name noting that he used doping to achieve it.

But you're right, I need to let it go, I'll try. At least this year watching City isn't painful! Am actually really looking forward to them and Napoli later.

You're spot on PLF, and I had the same issue with Chelsea 7 years ago.

For me it's like saluting Barry Bonds ability to hit home runs, without sticking the asterix next to his name noting that he used doping to achieve it.

But you're right, I need to let it go, I'll try. At least this year watching City isn't painful! Am actually really looking forward to them and Napoli later.

There you go dude, i live in a big mcfc area in the city, most of my close friends are blues, the best thing to do is accept it....

Is it true that City have more fans in Manchester and United outside Manchester, that is what i always hear.

The thing about these massive teams is that they attract glory hunters...when there is a new big team that is more successfull or looks to be more succesfull (which is not the case right at the moment), these clubs loose some fans...

Sometimes i don't understand those fans...to savour winning you got to loose regularly...i think the fans of United or City who followed those clubs when they were in lower divisions, the success must be sweeter now.

Is it true that City have more fans in Manchester and United outside Manchester, that is what i always hear.

In a word? No. It's not true. Every time statistics have been used to show it Manchester United have more fans in the area, over time too (so not just glory hunters in the 'sky' years)

But, it is on the briefing sheet for new City players (presumably someone new will hand it to them now that Cook is gone) to say. So the media pick it up and so forth.

If you want a good example, you can apparently still get a ticket to City's first ever champions league match tonight against Napoli, in a much smaller stadium then OT.

The thing about these massive teams is that they attract glory hunters...when there is a new big team that is more successfull or looks to be more succesfull (which is not the case right at the moment), these clubs loose some fans...

Sometimes i don't understand those fans...to savour winning you got to loose regularly...i think the fans of United or City who followed those clubs when they were in lower divisions, the success must be sweeter now.

yes i have noticed more new city fans over the past two years but my blue pals are all the same age or older than myself so they have seen some dark days...

which is why its hard to begrudge them the good times..

but im pretty, pretty, pretty sure city supporters would have a few things to say about utd "new" support

Last edited:
I enjoy the challenge (for now) with SAF as our manager I feel our club is invincible, City need to go a long way to getting close to us, I think at the moment were (just!)better but im not in denial and realise they'll win the League/CL in the short term future.

It's a good point. When Fergie goes if United are still riddled with huge debt repayments we won't be able to rebuild. At that point I can't see anyone getting near City.

SAF isn't going anywhere :)) healthy as ever at 70.

It would be better if Man Utd would have planned the end of the Ferguson reign (let's say 2 or 3 years in advance). That way they can search a good replacement and do it without being in a hurry...

People who are 70 can suddenly die, and then Utd have a problem.

About the current league table: bot United and City are fantastic, but somehow i see City loosing form and United not...

:LOL: Gerd.

I don't really think you can plan ahead to much, back in 2002 Sven was lined up as his replacement, looking back it would seem crazy. Mourinho is the candidate which most feel will get the job but football changes quickly and their could be a new manager by then who fits the bill which we haven't even heard of yet.

i realy hope Mourinho won´t replace Ferguson, so far United had class more or less, with Mourinho i fear for it..

anyway Gerd points are not so funny as they seem... the day will come but, i think this is already in mind of the bosses of this club.. to find a replacement..

Back
Top Bottom