Manchester City Thread

Ugh, sounds like Nasri is on his way too. Guessing they'll lineup as:

----------------Hart---------------
---Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy-
----------De Jong--Barry-----------
---Nasri--------Silva-----Aguerro--
---------------Tevez---------------

With Balotelli, Dzeko, Milner, Johnson, SWP etc out in the cold...

You forgot Yaya. What a mess is Man City now. :D

This is too attacking for Mancini. He will end up with Aguero in Tevez's position.

Balotelli, Adebayor, Tevez, and Johnson will leave/loaned.

Sorry, yes that other £250k, £30m transfer player!

Just shows how mental it is really. You're probably right, Mancini will stick with Toure in place of one of the strikers. Still, the quality in depth at City is just staggering.

What I find most annoying about it is the way that Barry, Milner and Lescott were taken from their clubs with massive fuss and disruption, and it looks like in another season, they'll be left to go back again by City. Those players could have given so much more to Everton/ Villa, rather than just be stepping stones for City's world domination.

I mean Adam Johnson is a proper player, who is unlikely to get 30 games next year.

However if City are going to make a run at the Prem and the Champo League they need decent quality reserves to ensure all positions are covered to avoid exhaustion\suspension issues.

Yeah, United and Chelsea have already proved that with time, City who did finish 3rd last year look to be much better this year. A problem could arise if Tevez isn't sold and he just sulks but even then their IMO ahead of Arsenal.

Aguerro is going to be soooooo good.

Sigh.

Can genuinely see City winning the league this year. And the next, and the next. And then the Arab's realising that investing in a small area in a non-capital town in England is just silly, and if they want to wave around their fortunes, there are cooler ways. Like gold played yachts, equipped to race on diamond coated tracks helmed by genetically engineered supermodel quintuplets.

Wouldn't cost that much more than City, surely?

We all knew Aguero was absolutely impressive. But he quickly showed it. The MOTM for me was Silva, if City learns to play for him, he can make the team dance. And toure, one of my favorite players, and an impressive asset. Up to now it's been the best team I've watched. Let's see if they can also play like that against stronger teams and particularly away of Manchester.

Swansea played pretty good they just lack upfront. Kun did well to a tired Swansea back line you can only play what`s in front of you. I`m not jumping just yet jury is still out!

Aguerro is going to be soooooo good.

Sigh.

Can genuinely see City winning the league this year. And the next, and the next. And then the Arab's realising that investing in a small area in a non-capital town in England is just silly, and if they want to wave around their fortunes, there are cooler ways. Like gold played yachts, equipped to race on diamond coated tracks helmed by genetically engineered supermodel quintuplets.

Wouldn't cost that much more than City, surely?

Don't go too far.

With Mancini in charge they'll still look for draws against the top teams and truly lack a cutting edge.

If it was a dogfight down to the wire with results against each other eventually deciding the title then I'd back United.

Though I'm always wrong when I'm positive about our chances so yeah, City are gonna win everything from now on...

While I was impressed with Aguero, I'd wait and see how consistant City are before worrying like some people. But I have to admit with the amount of talent they have, they'll surely get it right at some point.

Their approach reminds me of this pic.
firepower.jpg

We all knew Aguero was absolutely impressive. But he quickly showed it. The MOTM for me was Silva, if City learns to play for him, he can make the team dance. And toure, one of my favorite players, and an impressive asset. Up to now it's been the best team I've watched. Let's see if they can also play like that against stronger teams and particularly away of Manchester.

Agree with you. Kun was impressive but Silva was very very important commanding the Citizens attacking path. Anyway, the guy in my avatar is going to stop the "firepower machine". :SMUG:

I was quite impressed with Swansea in the first half, nice ground passing and a lot of movement, however like one of you said they lacked upfront. Man City have a fantastic side though, their defense and midfield are full of power and aggressiveness (Richards, Kompany, Toure & De Jong) from what I saw these players went for EVERY ball and weren't afraid to go shoulder to shoulder. I think this will be a good season for City, it's still early to say they'll win the league though, consistency is key.

United, City and Chelsea will challenge for the title no doubt IMO, Then you've got Arsenal in limbo in 4th not good enough to compete with the top 3 but better than what's behind them in Liverpool and Spurs for 5th.

Pretty stunning debut by Aguero but we all know he's a brilliant player. The possible link up play with him and Silva will be pretty special at times and throw in Nasri and they'll be conjuring up some nice stuff.

One thing is for sure - there are going to be some serious last week/ day fire sale options for midtable teams from City soon.

Their squad is still MASSIVE, and most players are on ridiculous wages. I half expect to hear of City paying players to leave and accept a lower salary!

Well, it is the most expensive football team in the world. The least they can do is hope to have some decent players!

Now playing like Barca...that's the tricky bit.

City now have 4 positions on the pitch at any point for: Balotelli (24m), Tevez (45m), Aguerro (38m), Nasri (25m), Silva (24m), Dzeko (27m), Milner (20m), Johnson (6m), Santa Cruz (19m), SWP (15m).

As context, those 4 positions ALONE cost more than every other team in the league's TOTAL net spend in the last 10 years, except Chelsea.

So yes, I would expect some f*cking decent returns.

Man City have some frightingly good players, if they don't win anything this season I will be suprised.

I hope they don't :DD and I hope Nasri only gets 2 games a season :DD

But it must be such exciting times being a Man city fan at the moment.

Well, it is the most expensive football team in the world. The least they can do is hope to have some decent players!

Now playing like Barca...that's the tricky bit.

City now have 4 positions on the pitch at any point for: Balotelli (24m), Tevez (45m), Aguerro (38m), Nasri (25m), Silva (24m), Dzeko (27m), Milner (20m), Johnson (6m), Santa Cruz (19m), SWP (15m).

As context, those 4 positions ALONE cost more than every other team in the league's TOTAL net spend in the last 10 years, except Chelsea.

So yes, I would expect some f*cking decent returns.

Tevez was 25m
Milner was 16m
SWP was 8m

Back
Top Bottom