Manchester City Thread

That, alongside the "Ronaldo possibility" that happened in the beggining of the year, sounds really bizarre... and bad.

The arabs are ruining the football.

You can't really blame them though. Blame the whole system that allows such things to happen.

Messi will never leave Barcelona unless something changes seriously (new board, new coach that he does not lilke).

And can somebody explain me why the Arabs are ruining football? Money is ruining football but that is going on for years now...i don't see why football would be ruined because right now Man City is the money club. There used to be times (believe it or not) when all the best players in the world played in France. World stars played for club like Racing Club de Paris and Toulon. Afterwards Serie A was the biggest league in the world with Maradonnan, Van Basten, Mathaus palying for the big(ger) clubs and world stars like Preben Elkjaer Larsen playing for clubs like Hellas Verona...all the clubs that i mentioned have far less tradition than Man City...i don't see why suddenly it is "wrong" that all those big players come playing for Man City...

Top,top players will always want to play at a top club, City ain't that.

After the upcoming season they will be...
I'll give you an example. An old fart like me (and you?) does not consider Chelsea a traditional big club. What is the club of Romelu Lukaku's dreams? Chelsea...for him Chelsea is a big club.

In five years Man City will be a bigger club than United for most players...get used to it.

Top,top players will always want to play at a top club, City ain't that.

Let me ask you a question then, why no top players this summer rush to sign for Liverpool for example..

is City biger club than Liverpool?

the statement you made would be possible in a league where all the teams have same money spending and same amount of money avileable for the salary..

i started to doubt about the fairnes in competitions of european football long ago...how can you compete with a team where the money on maybe two players sallary equals other teams whole squad sallary for a week..that´s absurd.

you can´t compete...

only 4 teams of 20 can be champions..

or 3...

rest are written off before the season even started.

is City biger club than Liverpool?

Historically: no
At the moment: no doubt, yes.

I agree with your arguments about unfair football, but coming from a Liverpool fan they are merely crocodile tears. The fact that you support Liverpool and not a Slovakian team says it all IMO. I don't blame you...i blame FIFA and UEFA.

Gerd City, will probably never be bigger than us, they'll become (are really) a big club like Chelsea but they won't challenge Real Madrid and us for the top spot.

Historically: no
At the moment: no doubt, yes.

I agree with your arguments about unfair football, but coming from a Liverpool fan they are merely crocodile tears. The fact that you support Liverpool and not a Slovakian team says it all IMO. I don't blame you...i blame FIFA and UEFA.

i support my team, as i said before here in our country like more other smaller european countries we have many sports, from wich Hockey are on top.. i support my town hockey team, we play in second league and i go on every home and some away matches..

but as a competition football don´t have fair ground..

if a competition should be considered fair, you need fair and same conditions for every team... otherwise in reality nowdays it´s like if i wanted to fight Klitchko in a ring and hoped i knock him out.

There used to be times (believe it or not) when all the best players in the world played in France. World stars played for club like Racing Club de Paris and Toulon. Afterwards Serie A was the biggest league in the world with Maradonnan, Van Basten, Mathaus palying for the big(ger) clubs and world stars like Preben Elkjaer Larsen playing for clubs like Hellas Verona...all the clubs that i mentioned have far less tradition than Man City...i don't see why suddenly it is "wrong" that all those big players come playing for Man City...

But those examples you mentioned played a revolutionary or iconic styles of football that attracted these kinds of players. Maradona knew well that when joining Napoli, you have to love the club or the fans will murder you.

City doesn't seem to have much to attract players right now except money. At a club like Liverpool or United, you're going to be playing in front of people that have seen a Champions League trophy in their own ground, or iconic players like Scholes, Cantona etc.

You might bring up the whole US ownership thing of United and Liverpool, but those owners are refreshing what was already a very wealthy and rich club.

if we write now about the things as ownership, i don´t realy care about the ownership issue..but owners and rich ones are making the sport totaly different as it was...not everything new is good.

i care more about the same conditions for everyone participating in the same league..

of course more money in football such as city model right now, makes the better player come to one league etc..

but my point of why i don´t consider european football such competitive and fair as american leauges model is becouse of this model..it will come a time the players won´t care anymore to play for their country if they play or get payed by their club.. it´s all more about personal interests then interest of the national sport representation..

in other words, football will be spoiled, players will be spoiled from young age by lot´s of money they don´t deserve. If this won´t chainge, many people in such traditionaly football countries as England will and already have their own clubs sponsored and owned by the fans.. becouse they can´t support their home teams basicly becouse this are becoming a world recognised brands, a football factory rather than sport club for local people..

Football means money, but the most important things are far away from that..this old school values mean less and less this days... and one day it will all turn to the point where the teams bankrupt or won´t have the money to run the club..

you can see this in smaller leagues country as Romania, even Slovakia etc.. in England the football is like religion, you will get support always no matter how, from the local fans..but in other countries people don´t have the money to pay for watching poor players and in poor conditions..

Czechoslovakia had a dream team in the late 70s and early 80s, many fantastic players played in our country, the league was quality and better..they were not allowed to move away like today in their teens.. for example there was a player, Ján Pivarník who was wanted by Ajax and many major teams..Ajax then was big big club..My dad told me everytime he was better full back than Roberto Carlos in his best years...Ajax wanted to pay lot´s of money, even considered fixing floodlights for Spartak Trnava or Slovan? i don´t remember, just to get him..but it was Comunism, so we saw all our quality young players at home.. every small willage had a team and very good football was played in biger towns.. today kids don´t care about sport...it´s everywhere.. in hockey only rich people kid´s get the gear and therefore the poor, even if talented have no chance..

in past it was other, but there was conditions and there was passion..money was not the bigest part of it..

today you have teens who are better being torn away from their mother clubs in every country, payed massive money before they are 20.. they are spoiled and they do everything except concentrate on sport.. it´s for longer but i don´t have anymore that joy watching football like in past.. of course there is highly entertaining matches in premier league for example..

but who will watch Stoke vs. Swansea for example? who will except of home supporters..?

Last edited:
Did you even watched the match?
City were very good in the first half.
United were clearly the better team in the second half and deserved to win. I was mitghtely impressed by Cleverley and by that Nani equaliser, fantastic combination.

Mistakes by Kompany (and Clichy?) and De Gea (Dzeko's goal).

United deserved to win, but to write off City after one match is madness only you are capable off, United also won against Barcelona...Barcelona, only names but not a team??? I don't think so.

Stef, i don't agree there was nothing revolutionary about Racing de Paris, Inter, Hellas Verona, Tapie's Marseille...only Sacchi's Milan was revolutionary (i watch more than 40 years football and i think i only saw one other revolution like Sacchi's Milan, that was Ajax...).

Ronaldo has pretty much stated he'd never join City. And Messi certainly strikes me as someone that doesn't care about money that much.

If City wants to reach another they should ditch Mancini.What's the point of introducing Gareth fucking Barry or starting with an average player like Milner

naah, Mancini is good coach.. i would wait with making fast decisions after the season ends..or after the league starts..

City could have won today..

but in global i don´t think buying superstars will make them so much stronger than United...it´s after all 11 vs. 11 and United have a concept and talent as well... City needs more to be winning PL or CL..i still don´t think they will win the PL this season.. even if they stay in top 4..

Ronaldo has pretty much stated he'd never join City. And Messi certainly strikes me as someone that doesn't care about money that much.

mate the players are one thing, but as soon as their club agrees to sell.. they will have to agree to move..

it´s all about money..

in case of messi i just made an example that even i don´t think could happend..

but after all this are players who mean the club identity, whole shirt sales, club image, etc..

If Messi is 30 and he struggles, he won´t play for Barca..simple as that.. or Ronaldo for Real..

naah, Mancini is good coach.. i would wait with making fast decisions after the season ends..or after the league starts..

City could have won today..

but in global i don´t think buying superstars will make them so much stronger than United...it´s after all 11 vs. 11 and United have a concept and talent as well... City needs more to be winning PL or CL..i still don´t think they will win the PL this season.. even if they stay in top 4..

I ain't just talking about this match alone but what he has showed last season too.Too much negative football

yes but in global he fulfill the wish of the owner to get city play CL..and challenge for title and he won a cup with them previous season

..if he won´t win one of this trophys next season, he will be replaced..in fact i think they aim now for CL and PL win...FA Cup is not enough satisfaction for investing so much in a team.. so if he won´t win something he will be replaced..i´m 100% sure about it.. it´s face of patience todays football, especialy for clubs who buy succes and want it immediately.

IMO Mancini is a great coach, but not for the EPL. The EPL is a much more straightforward league than Serie A. Serie A is much more about tactics. Capello is struggling as national coach for the same reason.
Mancini would be a great coach for any big South-European club (apart from Barcelona perhaps), but he is not the right coach for English football. I still think he will get sacked before the end of the season (but i thought the same last season and he proved me wrong).

i would like to know since when you support FC Barcelona?

is this important?

city is only names and money at moment..

barcelona is "masia" "20 years of style" and money of course. but STYLE

manchester city remember me to madrid of zidane,beckham,ronaldo...they won 0 titles

is only my opinion...

manchester united have style and win.

gaspart's barcelona lost her style, only money and expensive transfers every year...

0 titles?

11724212360.jpg

n_real_madrid_varios-9621.jpg

75708083.jpg

ronaldo-fenomeno-no-real-madrid.jpg

both real and barcelona produce great players..but Barca has the policy to adapt them to first team better than Real..but also Real from last years try to apply this instead of buying..and if they buy big, it´s becouse the new president came back..and the players they bought means value for the team..

Barca also splashes money and don´t think Masia is popular just like that.. if there was more city around Barcelona that have a football team, you would have much much biger competition also for spoting and developing kids... there is no other city from La Liga that could be your rival in developing kits in Catalonia...while in england you have 5 top clubs in one region..

in other words..if Liverpool had no manchester, everton, bolton etc around, all the best from that region would play for them..

if London had only one football team, it would be also very strong...London has for example this teams.. just one city: Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, Charlton Athletic, Wimbledon, Queens Park Rangers, Fulham..

you need to be happy about your generation of players and coach and this model that works, but it might come a day it stops working...

i like barcelona, but some of their fans think this success last forever..wich i´m more realistic about.

sorry for OT, we might continue in barca thread ;)

Plz ! RM are the most successful club in the WORLD and maybe universe :LOL: Any barca fans that says different is just looking for attention. Although some follow follow ger fans might have a case ;)

PIPA

in this team only have zidane and figo, and is the "gaspart barça"

year 2003, all people know real amdrid as "GALACTICOS"

this team won 0 titles...oh 1 "supercup spain" this tittle in spain is a joke...

beckham win 1 "liga" in 2007...without zidane,figo...and when ronaldinho was more fat than player...

gaspart killer to barça

-------------florentino money (beckham year) ----------laporta (return of style)
2003---------supercup-------------------nothing
2004---------nothing--------------------league
2005---------nothing--------------------league and champion

2008 -------nothing---------------------league - champion - king cup
2009 -------nothing---------------------league - world cup club - supercups spain&european
2010--------king cup---------------------league and champions

i dont talk about history or best or worst..
i talk about style and money.
real madrid have style in his history too

with del bosque, real madrid play very good, del bosque fired in 2003...when star the madrid "only" money

for me, manchester city have great player, and great coach, but is soon...they needs more time for make a real team...at moment is only money and good players...but we will see you...

i think that with time, mancini make it great team

Back
Top Bottom