Manchester City Thread

I'm not sure what you mean. But here's a simple example:

I have a massive mortgage, and had to work for 6 years to get enough to put down a deposit on my small, cramped 2 bed in London.

My friend was given just over £1m from his folks and bought a stunning 2 bed penthouse not too far from me.

We both have 2 bedroom flats in London.

I consider there to be a difference.

It would be a good example if your flat was bought by an American and you had to pay for his loan...

What is wrong with Inter and Malaga?
Anzhi is the toy of a criminal dictator, that is completely wrong.

But...

I was a big fan of the great Deportivo La Coruna team with Valeron, that humiliated AC Milan and what was perhaps the best CL match ever. There are very persistent rumours that that team was supported by drug money (the bulk of cocaïne) enters Europe via La Coruna).

i remember that match..

nothing is wrong with Inter or Malaga, i just think this clubs could be next step for Tevez..

i doubt he stay in City and if he goes, than it will be to a rich club who need him

There are very persistent rumours that that team was supported by drug money (the bulk of cocaïne) enters Europe via La Coruna).

Hey gerd, would it be off topic to discuss this Deportivo team? I'd like to know if you have more to say on the matter.

That said, I think Aguero may go to Manchester. He would be absolutely amazing there. If he can gel with the team and having Toure and Silva already there, Manchester City will be a great contender to the titles and a great team to face in Europe.

Really ? If he was going to Italy I would agree somewhat. Tevez took time to learn the English game WHU and even with MUTD he was basically a super-sub . Then, at City he has develop very good. I think Aquero will need time to adapt versus a good team he may shine somewhat n with mid-table and below he will get proper rocked. Tevez gets knocked and still gets up and runs about you see this at every game. I do not see Aguero with the same energetic method of tevez imo.

Don't think media's taking it far Zeem and why poor Balotelli? I mean everything the guy is doing, and being laughed at for, he HAS brought on himself. It's not like they're picking on him for something that's not his fault. They're picking him on because he's consistently trying hard to be the biggest jackass he possibly can and makes all the wrong choices/decisions.

Wow really?!

No for me it's absolutely unacceptable!! If I were Mancini, I would've done exact same thing except punish him even further.

It's a friendly, so you don't score clear goal when you can and try to showboat and do something silly instead? Plus it was only 1-0 if it was 10-0 and 90th minute then maybe just maybe... but even then....

fully agree !

he get so much money and he do stupid , i would like to say POOR CITY to pay so much for him !

Really ? If he was going to Italy I would agree somewhat. Tevez took time to learn the English game WHU and even with MUTD he was basically a super-sub . Then, at City he has develop very good. I think Aquero will need time to adapt versus a good team he may shine somewhat n with mid-table and below he will get proper rocked. Tevez gets knocked and still gets up and runs about you see this at every game. I do not see Aguero with the same energetic method of tevez imo.

Well, it may be, but I think Aguero is a better player than Tevez. I mean, Tevez is a top class striker, but he moves too much around, he fights a lot and puts a lot of energy on everything he does. He ends up scoring thanks to this energy.

Aguero, on the other hand, is more of a classical striker. Someone who has a great sense of positioning and off the ball offensive movement. And when he has the ball, he's a lot more dangerous than Tevez. With the open spaces you find in the Premier, Aguero can destroy the opponents if he associates with the likes of Silva.

Deffensively, Aguero may be weaker compared to Tevez, and he can't play in the wings. But purely as a striker, Aguero is much better than what Man. City had.

The key, to me, it's the positional attacking play, and the abbility Aguero has to play even in close spaces. Something that Man City clearly lacked up to now. And I say it again, if he gels with the liikes of Silva, they can produce a lot of harm to opponents in the Premier.

i personaly think the move to City won´t make a better player of Aguero..

what awaits him will be a totaly different aproach from team mates than in Atletico..

he needed to go to a good team, where he would be the top player and maybe captain, in City i don´t think he will show of his whole talent...

Well, it may be, but I think Aguero is a better player than Tevez. I mean, Tevez is a top class striker, but he moves too much around, he fights a lot and puts a lot of energy on everything he does. He ends up scoring thanks to this energy.

Aguero, on the other hand, is more of a classical striker. Someone who has a great sense of positioning and off the ball offensive movement. And when he has the ball, he's a lot more dangerous than Tevez. With the open spaces you find in the Premier, Aguero can destroy the opponents if he associates with the likes of Silva.

Deffensively, Aguero may be weaker compared to Tevez, and he can't play in the wings. But purely as a striker, Aguero is much better than what Man. City had.

The key, to me, it's the positional attacking play, and the abbility Aguero has to play even in close spaces. Something that Man City clearly lacked up to now. And I say it again, if he gels with the liikes of Silva, they can produce a lot of harm to opponents in the Premier.

if city pull this off they will be a major problem for the Prem next season.

but with over a £100mill worth of talent that they have on the books that either dont to play for city or not wanted by the club, it seems kinda obscene that thay can blow another £40mill.

Damn, great player City have bought. Sign that they really are being taken seriously. Aguero is going to light up the prem.

How depressing.

It would be absolutely awesome for City if Aguero could come. I think he is muh better than Tevez. On the pitch Tevez was very good, but he thought himself bigger than the club...that is never good.

I hope this comes true...would be great for the Premierleague.

Pastore also close to Chelsea. Premier League promises to be super next year.

Too bad for Arsenal. :D

Could be but when he was linked to Malaga, he said he will only move to a top club.

today my friend rich clubs with money are all top.. that´s just the way it is..

That's the way it has ALWAYS been! Probably there's a second factor which is rich-at-long-term. In this aspect, clubs like Malaga and Man City have some kind of uncertainty in the future, because the club can't be sustained for itself and depends on foreign agents. The day those external sources cut the flow of dollars, the clubs risk even it's existence, in my oppinion.

Other rich clubs like Milan, Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus... are big obviously because they are rich but their money is generated mainly by themselves: the image of the club is worth a lot, they have millions of supporters worldwide that justify TV rights, products and sponsorships. And they're always in the big competition, the CL, which is the one that makes the difference between the real big clubs and the rest.

Look Juventus, for example. They're struggling to reach the CL and that is making it even more difficult for them to come back to what they were before the Moggi-gate.

That said, Chelsea was once what Manchester City is now and they have succeeded in reaching certain stability and balance and they now generate a lot more income compared to what they were doing 7 years ago. If Manchester City manages to do it, they can stay big for a long time. Otherwise, the risk is big.

I could be very wrong, I know, but it's always been about the money. And the more money, the bigger the club. The difficulty resides in the long term sustainability.

Aguero + Dzeko partnership is scary if it happens!

Perfect big man, small man striker. Both DEADLY!!

That's the way it has ALWAYS been! Probably there's a second factor which is rich-at-long-term. In this aspect, clubs like Malaga and Man City have some kind of uncertainty in the future, because the club can't be sustained for itself and depends on foreign agents. The day those external sources cut the flow of dollars, the clubs risk even it's existence, in my oppinion.

Other rich clubs like Milan, Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus... are big obviously because they are rich but their money is generated mainly by themselves: the image of the club is worth a lot, they have millions of supporters worldwide that justify TV rights, products and sponsorships. And they're always in the big competition, the CL, which is the one that makes the difference between the real big clubs and the rest.

Look Juventus, for example. They're struggling to reach the CL and that is making it even more difficult for them to come back to what they were before the Moggi-gate.

That said, Chelsea was once what Manchester City is now and they have succeeded in reaching certain stability and balance and they now generate a lot more income compared to what they were doing 7 years ago. If Manchester City manages to do it, they can stay big for a long time. Otherwise, the risk is big.

I could be very wrong, I know, but it's always been about the money. And the more money, the bigger the club. The difficulty resides in the long term sustainability.

That's not entirely true - Chelsea have increased revenues, but they're also haemorrhaging money. Something like £75m loss last year, and that was before buying Luiz, Torres etc.

City will never be money making, they will continue to require funding from the family friends of Abu Dhabi. United are the biggest franchise in the world and they couldn't even afford City's wages.

United are on a financial time bomb too with the Glazer takeover...
Like i already said, only clubs like Man City, Chelsea, Malaga and now PSG are considered to be acting financially unfair. All English premiership have unfair advantages in relation to clubs from other leagues. This does not disturb their fans. I understand that, but stop moaning about City and Chelsea.

Like i already said, only clubs like Man City, Chelsea, Malaga and now PSG are considered to be acting financially unfair. All English premiership have unfair advantages in relation to clubs from other leagues. This does not disturb their fans. I understand that, but stop moaning about City and Chelsea.

I agree United are in a bad place. That's not my point. Nor is it entirely relevant that Premier league clubs are relatively wealthier than those in other leagues.

All I (and I would have thought most) want as a sports fan is for a competition to be reasonably competitive. Yes, certain teams will go through good spells due to talent/ luck and so forth, but still. It shouldn't be the situation that:

1. Only 4 teams (2?) can realistically win a league
2. The only way to get into that group is to operate outside a team's means
3. Therefore the only way to 'win' a league is invest with no expecation of return, and pray that your particular sugar daddy is in it for the long term.

City didn't create the system, they and Chelsea aren't the problem, they're just symptoms. United's 20 odd year dominance is another symptom. It's the system itself that is broken. And it kinda sucks, imo.

That's what I'm 'moaning' about.

With that I'm sure we all entirely agree. I'm sad to see La Liga without any real competition for the title outside of Barcelona and Madrid, and even if my favorite club has won it lately, it's a bit odd to see we only have to win both matches to Real Madrid to win the title. But that is what TV rights and big competitions like Champions League have done. Big clubs have turned even bigger.

Erm Gerd, I dont think EPL has unfair advantage, but maybe ive misunderstood...

SA5.ashx

Back
Top Bottom