Manchester City Thread

if i remember well, Arsenal did win the title several times under Wenger and wasn't one team known as the invincibles...that shows quite a lot of consistency. But at the moment Arsenal needs to rebuild. They don't need much however to have a consistent team.

Next season will be exciting because the 6 big clubs will all need to change quite a lot.

Man Utd will need at least a new goalkeeper and have to start thinking about replacements for some older player (never mind that for example Giggs was terrific this season). Will they keep Vidic?

Liverpool obviously will invest.

If Wenger does not change things i'm pretty sure he will not finish next season as Arsenal manager. It's a certainty that Arsenal will invest in new players.

Chelesea has an ageing team, it seems as if Drogba will leave and Lapard and Terry are getting older too. Chelsea need several new players (and maybe a new manager will come too).

Spurs need to reïnforce: a good striker, a CB that isn't injury prone...but will Redknapp see it this way (to me this is the club that most badly needs a new manager...Redknapp is not good enough and they had a rather disappointing season).

City: IMO they should not invest too much, but they will...

The team that adjusts best (or changes less) will be champion next year. Man Utd are the only team that can afford not to have a major overhaul, but that would be short term thinking IMO.

if i remember well, Arsenal did win the title several times under Wenger and wasn't one team known as the invincibles...that shows quite a lot of consistency.
I'm talking about the last 5 or 6 years. I dont see how anyone can call Arsenal consistant.
They've been inconsistant ever since they left Highbury.

City won't win it next season, They might come real close but I think they'll invest in 4-5 top draw signings who will take time to gel, Champions League glory is more likely IMO.

Liverpool won't spend that much, Young will come in and probably a defender, they'll be outsiders for 4th with Spurs who might not change anything.

Chelsea or United will either win it next year, City will be in the mix but nothing more, Arsenal will depend on how much they change in the summer.

Anything is possible I won`t write anyone off. Tevez will leave , He`ll be in Copa America at home. Too much to handle the boy can careless about ManCity success and he won it all w/ Mutd too ! Family is what he wants and if they want Italy and Italy it will be.

Anything is possible I won`t write anyone off. Tevez will leave , He`ll be in Copa America at home. Too much to handle the boy can careless about ManCity success and he won it all w/ Mutd too ! Family is what he wants and if they want Italy and Italy it will be.

I don't think he'll be in the Copa America. Grondona says no and what he says goes......:RANT:

I have to say it but Tevez and more specifically his people who look to milk more money will direct him to whatever suits them best.

If he was desperate to see his two little girls then he'd play for Boca now.

Kun may go to Inter denying him a spot there. Can Real really afford him by unloading Benzema ?

City have the money to pay his ridiculous wages and with the promise of more signings and CL football he may well stay.

I agree, maybe this season was a one off, post WC, crazy transfers (altho citys paid off)...

but any of the top 4 could have won it..

i reckon ALL the top 6 will feel in with a shot next year..

rightly so, but one team has the money to outspend the lot of us put together...

gonna be interesting!

good post ALBI n Vann ... Well , Im sure tevez is heading home for the summer , shame he won`t ply his trade in the copa. He reminds me of Robinho every time he went home he didn`t want to leave.

At mutd he had the freedom and less responsibility imo I love the bloke from his Corinthian days N Boca slums jk* ManCity has too much of a demand from him damn that £240k a week :LOL: . Same thing makes ya laugh ,makes ya cry!

Lots of Guillem Balague chat that City are offering stupid money for C. Ronaldo. If that's true, it almost personally offends me.

Dear City. You may not remember this as you were pretty irrelevant at the time. Ronaldo played his heart out for a club in your city. He then left to join his dream club, that which he wanted to play for since he was a boy, so that he could fulfill his ambitions. He is the most well paid player on the planet already. He is happy and doing well.

So f*ck off with your c*ck waving contest, we all know you've got the biggest stack of cash. Show some class ffs.

Well if Mourinho doesn't want him then realistically who could afford him ?

It's probably nothing more than a storm in a teacup. Perez sees him as the posterboy for Real Madrid and would have to balance the pros of selling him ie selfish player over those of merchandising and the money earned from a transfer and wage savings.

Ronaldo sells loads of shirts he`s much more valuable in every aspect to the squad. RM will choose Ronnie over Mou and the fans will go mad . RM the biggest club needs to have the BEST players and Ronnie is one of them. ManCity will buy ,but they`ll get players most clubs want like what chels did back in the days.

If everyone wants Parker then ManCity will slap £20k for him. ManCity will spend funny money but You can`t buy 11 players :LOL:

He's a big tool.

Luckily as expected, it increasingly looks like Aguero will come to replace Tevez! Not as good yet but a lot younger and still a lot of room for improvement!

Poor Balotelli! Must be used to being a laughing stock now. Media taking it too far though.

Well, seeing how upset Dzeko`s reaction he was clearly baffle.. disrespectful for his teammates. If you want Yanks to follow your club n support you better be hammer teams here . I saw Newcastle United in Orlando and they were played off the park from kick off. What are they doing with the £30m ? Now , Orlando City are being considered to be a MLS franchise!

I love Balotelli. Brings some mental back to football, that isn't related to transfer fees (though his was, of course, pretty substantial)

Don't think media's taking it far Zeem and why poor Balotelli? I mean everything the guy is doing, and being laughed at for, he HAS brought on himself. It's not like they're picking on him for something that's not his fault. They're picking him on because he's consistently trying hard to be the biggest jackass he possibly can and makes all the wrong choices/decisions.

I didn't think it was that big a deal, its a friendly he tried a trick and it went wrong?

Wow really?!

No for me it's absolutely unacceptable!! If I were Mancini, I would've done exact same thing except punish him even further.

It's a friendly, so you don't score clear goal when you can and try to showboat and do something silly instead? Plus it was only 1-0 if it was 10-0 and 90th minute then maybe just maybe... but even then....

:LOL: The problem was he tried it and it went horribly wrong, but if he had scored would their still be the outrage? Lesson in my book was, make sure you score no matter what you try make sure its a good effort on goal. but the effort was horrendous

It remind me well almost Arsenal vs City where Henry n Pires try to do a cheeky pen. but Pires frose :LMAO: he forgot the script .

if he did this in more important match (wich i think he would not think much about not doing it) i honestly can imagine Mancini kick his ass...

he was furious, and rightly so.. First most important thing in sport is respect to your oponent.. i also think he was like joking around while the US fans still are sensitive..they are NOT worse than english or any other fans in terms of support, but they know their league quality is not as in rest of world..yet we all know the americans are very proud country..that´s why they booed Balotelli, they felt he is joking with them

M. City remember to real madrid of "galacticos"

more names,much money....little titles

better than no titles right? :SS

I am looking forward to seeing City in the CL. Might not approve the way they got there but another top contender is always nice to see.

Last edited:
better than no titles right? :SS

I am looking forward to seeing City in the CL. Might not approve the way they got there but another top contender is always nice to see.

I agree...more competition is a good thing. And i honestly don't see any difference between Man City and Glazer's United or Henry's Liverpool (for example).

If I were a coach and a spoiled brat tried that in my team, I would sub him out inmediately, sending him straight to the showers and coming back home in public transportation. And some days doing only push ups and pull ups appart from the team, until he pukes.

No doubt I would be strict. Respect for the opponent, respect for your teammates and having common sense it's the LEAST you can expect from a player.

That said, I think Aguero may go to Manchester. He would be absolutely amazing there. If he can gel with the team and having Toure and Silva already there, Manchester City will be a great contender to the titles and a great team to face in Europe.

I agree...more competition is a good thing. And i honestly don't see any difference between Man City and Glazer's United or Henry's Liverpool (for example).

I'm not sure what you mean. But here's a simple example:

I have a massive mortgage, and had to work for 6 years to get enough to put down a deposit on my small, cramped 2 bed in London.

My friend was given just over £1m from his folks and bought a stunning 2 bed penthouse not too far from me.

We both have 2 bedroom flats in London.

I consider there to be a difference.

That said, I think Aguero may go to Manchester. He would be absolutely amazing there. If he can gel with the team and having Toure and Silva already there, Manchester City will be a great contender to the titles and a great team to face in Europe.

Aguero's family here in Argentina have spoken to the media revealing that his transfer to Manchester City is almost done and that they're certaing that he'll be "Celeste" (light blue) next season.

Can't imagine what they'll do with Tévez, since his price and salary is a mounstrosity for Boca (even more now that negotiatons for Gago have started), and Corinthians won't buy him (official). Anyone knows where he can end? There's any rumour in Europe?

Back
Top Bottom