Manchester City Thread

Me think he is doing this to get more money than Rooney, if he is not already.

I think it is Joorabchian. He engineered moves in the past. He;s unscrupulous. Tevez does not come out with any credit either after cheating on his wife in the first place.

Then again he was poorly educated say unlike a Redondo who is a gentleman.

Might be he ends up at Boca on loan a la Robinho but I don't think Cook the CEO will allow it this time. Tevez did return to training today on time though.

Whatever the truth of the matter either he or the agent is one greedy swine and Tevez must be fully complicit as he must have allowed his agent to carry this out.

Clubs really need to put their foot down.

One other thing. They should also pay the agents fees out of their own pockets not ask the club to pay.

Agents = parasites.

I think maybe City have made a slight rod for their own backs. Letting Robinho go to Santos on loan to get matches under his belt before the world cup was admirable in a way, but then him throwing a strop and engineering an exit (move to Milan) didn't cast Man City in a great light.

Similarly letting Bellamy go to Cardiff (and subsidising his wages) is admirable in terms of allowing a player to be with his family etc, but it has smacks of lunacy in terms of appearing to cave into players.

Perhaps Tevez now thinks he will be allowed to move to Boca on loan (with City presumably having to pay 90% of his wages) and wishes to do that. But it seems strange that he wants to play at Boca for the rest of his career. The Argentine league is very exciting to watch, but he could be putting his career with the National team at risk. Boca arent the force they were 5-10 years ago, and there is no garentee they will make the Libertadores (or even Sudamericana) each year - other clubs like San Lore, Lanus, Estudiantes, Independente etc are looking stronger, and even then more and more Argentines are starting to move to Brazil, as economically they are very strong at the moment (e.g. D'Alessandro, Dario Concha, German Herrera, Pato, Guinazue, De Federico, Ezeqi Gonzalez, half the Cruzeiro squad...) Would he be risking losing his place to the likes of Aguero, Lavezzi, Higuain, maybe even Jara ?

A Brief History Of Carlos Tevez
The boy's got form...

Boca Juniors (2001-2004)
Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust-up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club: Two-and-a-half seasons.

Corinthians (2005-2006)
Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club: One season.

West Ham (2006-2007)
Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Time at club: One season.

Manchester United (2007-2009)
Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just five goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres. Parting shot of "I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them".

Time at club: Two seasons.

Manchester City (2009-????)
Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time allegedly banging his mistress (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest-paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club: One-and-a-half seasons so far, some of it begrudgingly.

-----------------------------------------

My guess is he'll stay to the end of the season and then Madrid will sign him. He's got serious issues that guy and Kia doesn't help matters.

I think maybe City have made a slight rod for their own backs. Letting Robinho go to Santos on loan to get matches under his belt before the world cup was admirable in a way, but then him throwing a strop and engineering an exit (move to Milan) didn't cast Man City in a great light.

Similarly letting Bellamy go to Cardiff (and subsidising his wages) is admirable in terms of allowing a player to be with his family etc, but it has smacks of lunacy in terms of appearing to cave into players.

Perhaps Tevez now thinks he will be allowed to move to Boca on loan (with City presumably having to pay 90% of his wages) and wishes to do that. But it seems strange that he wants to play at Boca for the rest of his career. The Argentine league is very exciting to watch, but he could be putting his career with the National team at risk. Boca arent the force they were 5-10 years ago, and there is no garentee they will make the Libertadores (or even Sudamericana) each year - other clubs like San Lore, Lanus, Estudiantes, Independente etc are looking stronger, and even then more and more Argentines are starting to move to Brazil, as economically they are very strong at the moment (e.g. D'Alessandro, Dario Concha, German Herrera, Pato, Guinazue, De Federico, Ezeqi Gonzalez, half the Cruzeiro squad...) Would he be risking losing his place to the likes of Aguero, Lavezzi, Higuain, maybe even Jara ?

Higuain is an out and out nine and hopefully he comes back the same player from this tricky herniated disc setback.

Tevez is in direct competition with Aguero and Lavezzi and on he fringes Zarate if he could grow up.

Personally I think Tevez has lost a lot of subtlety in his play and I'd have Aguero and Lavezzi who has learnt to be a team player over him any day of the week.

Checho has a place reserved for him but on the bench at present.

We'll just wait and see. Forgive my cynicism but it all once again stinks of money.

How much do players really need to live on ? It's obscene.

Mourinho has said from the beginning that Real Madrid needed another forward.
Higuain is out injured.
Benzema wasn't exactly a big succes in Madrid until now.
People speak Spanish in Madrid...

Tevez to Real Madrid?

Higuain is an out and out nine and hopefully he comes back the same player from this tricky herniated disc setback.

Tevez is in direct competition with Aguero and Lavezzi and on he fringes Zarate if he could grow up.

Personally I think Tevez has lost a lot of subtlety in his play and I'd have Aguero and Lavezzi who has learnt to be a team player over him any day of the week.

Checho has a place reserved for him but on the bench at present.

We'll just wait and see. Forgive my cynicism but it all once again stinks of money.

How much do players really need to live on ? It's obscene.

I think Tevez lost a lot of his explosiveness in the last 2 years... something Lavezzi still has - this guy is just full of energy and just does the unexpected every game.

If Tevez quits City and goes back to Argentina playing for Boca on wages they can afford that fine, I can't fault him. No employer should be able to force an employee to work, or have a 5 year contract without break periods. It's not on in other industries, so why football?

But if he goes down to Madrid or something, then he's just showing what a prat he is. As someone pointed out above - it's not exactly surprising given his history.

City will be a very, very different beast without him. 1 win in a year when he doesn't play....

Yeah because you weren't really on our mind at all prior to the Tevez move but I doubt the derby will lose anything now as your genuinely contending for honours.

Tevez is trying to be the Rooney of City then? Hand in a transfer request saying you're unhappy, then suddenly withdraw your request...

Balotelli said:
'What's his name? Wil...? No, I just don’t know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I'll try to be careful,' said the Italy international. 'Maybe I could show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bregas--Ive-heard-Wilshere.html#ixzz18l39TbgD

:LOL: I hope he keeps talking I find it very entertaining. Wow only Messi is better than him the modest gent! I do think the English media is hyping Jacks performance abit. What do you lots think about him flirting w/ Milan so openly?

problem is he's not backing up his arrogance at the minute, incredible talent but City wasn't the place for him to fulfil it.

Edin Dzeko at his press conference today:

....followed by a big smile and a few gasps from the press.

:APPLAUD:

But don't you know it's true? It must be. I mean, the City people keep saying it, so clearly it's true.

Doesn't matter that it's not factually correct, that's not what is important here.

Good on Dzeko for getting involved early, and he's gonna be a great player. Pity he sold out though.

It was Dzeko who scored twice against Man Utd last year, wasn't it? A header in the home game in Germany and I think he got also got a header in Salford too?

Excited about this, not gonna lie! No two ways about it. Fantastic striker, a great addition to the league!

Adebayor can fuck off now for good or first Santa Cruz actually...

Back
Top Bottom