Manchester City Thread

oiUid.jpg

I am here in amongst it! I genuinely haven't heard anyone say that, only non-United fans saying "oh I love how he's suddenly world class again har har har" but maybe there are some mongo's who support flash players more than the club who have said it so fair enough, I apologise.

We deserve the win convincingly. The one player in your squad which I feel could of made a difference was Johnson, his speed n technical ability would of cause Clicky lots to deal with. Once Balotelli came on I think Mancini played the wrong hand. Mancini said "ManCity play the best football in the PL" clearly it was to hide the facts. Your manager responded like a top drawer gaffer :))

Did Mancini really say that City play the best footie in the prem? That there is Rafa levels of dillusion. Theyre some dodgy referee decisions away from about 7th place...playing 3 defensive midfielders and taking the second least shots on goal of any team in the league.

Did Mancini really say that City play the best footie in the prem? That there is Rafa levels of dillusion. Theyre some dodgy referee decisions away from about 7th place...playing 3 defensive midfielders and taking the second least shots on goal of any team in the league.
Exact quotes :

"I think after today we must say that we are one of the best teams in the Premier League.

"I think that 11 against 11 we would have won this game."

The_Special_One said:
Boyata red card changed the game drastically beboq but you lot played very good football (as always).
I think Spurs raise the bar what 10 men could do vs 11.

Exact quotes :
I think Spurs raise the bar what 10 men could do vs 11.

Don't overrate that... that was due to Inter's carelessness and Bale alone...he truly made some impression...did you noticed how sometimes 5 Everton players where in his vicinity on saturday?

Well, I don't know if it is fake or not (The Sun stuff), you know, everything is expectable from a city fan! I still remember that guy having Kaká tattooed.

So are these just rumours or his Mancini going to be sacked by his own players?
Yayas manager (or wtv you call them) says that he is unhappy at $ity and that he wants the club to have a winning mentality.
Any1 heard about this?

Lots of talk of him being sacked now, to bring Tevez off for Barry when you need a win is ridiculous, not only that but Adebayor wasn't even on the bench today.

Mancini is pathetic, he made a cunt of Adebayor in the derby by bringing him on for 30 seconds, now he's dropped him completely when the City fans are screaming out for a win after the dire derby performance, then man's a joke imo

Five notes to see Man City v Salzburg... quid if you're under 16! Nice to see clubs taking the initiative on pricing. Both yourselves and the Arsenal should be commended for slashing prices for less-in-demand games (the gunners do it for the carling cup) - it's a great deal for local families who might be a bit worried about splashing the cash in these tough economic times.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/November/Salzburg-ticket-offer

City have been doing this for a few years now.

Whilst any club doing it is commendable, it's slightly less impressive when the club is owned by multi-billionaires so ticket sales are not important to the running of the business. Despite these offers there are still thousands of empty seats at most home matches, especially the Europa League ties. The Birmingham match last week had 4,000 less in attendance than the derby 3 days before and the home ties with Juventus and Lech Poznan had over 10,000 empty seats. In 2008, for the match vs PSG there was only 25,000 in attendance, despite similar ticket offers and United playing away in Japan (so more locals around).

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen prices that cheap, for general public, for a competitive game involving a big premier league team. Put it this way, a family of 2 parents and 2 kids could go to the game for £12... Even the Arsenal, while being very generous, charge a bit more than that for Carling Cup games.

Really ? The tickets were around £5 for that PSG game ? News to me, are you sure they weren't £15 for season ticket holders and around £20 for general public ?

It's an important difference since that would be three times the price of next week's game. (5 * 3 = 15). To be fair the game was almost a dead rubber as they'd already beaten Schalke and Twente, so only needed 1 more point from 2 games to get through the group. But even so if they were around £5 I'm genuinely surprised they didn't get more than 25,000... I think the Juventus game was £30 and Lech was £20, so this is significantly more expensive, and it all adds up if you want to take your wife and kids, you wouldnt get change of £50. It's just a shame they haven't really publicised these £5 tickets more as I'm sure a lot of locals would go at that price.

jumbo, sooner or later City will be the bigger team in Manchester (if they continue to "invest" at the same rate) and then the inevitable glory hunters will change sides.

It's astonishing that most people support one of the big clubs. Look at evo-web. There are a few Spurs fans, one or two West Ham and Newcastle fans, but the majority supports one of the big clubs. This is not good for English football.

jumbo, sooner or later City will be the bigger team in Manchester (if they continue to "invest" at the same rate) and then the inevitable glory hunters will change sides.

It's astonishing that most people support one of the big clubs. Look at evo-web. There are a few Spurs fans, one or two West Ham and Newcastle fans, but the majority supports one of the big clubs. This is not good for English football.

Very true. Sad. But true.

(though for the international folk, a bit more understandable)

what`s shocking to me is seeing so many Arsenal fans...w/o winning or spending just on pure style. How do they fill a stadium w/ outrageous prices to watch non-stars play....credit to Wenger 4 having the club in a fantastic balance. I`m not convince City will outshine MUTD... new laws will be in place hence why MUTD have stop spending to sort the balance.

Back
Top Bottom