Manchester City Thread

Won't be surprised if it does happen. Adebyewhore is much like Robinho. When the going gets tough he walks away...

He must have been told that he isn't part of the plans or something? otherwise that is a big cop out.

He should stay and fight for his place, especially because of the wages he is on.

If he moves anywhere else he will have to take a huge pay cut, I would guess?

I`m sure it went like hey Addie your good mate ,but your 1st touch is a let down . Hey! go put yourself on a bargaining table see what bites. If Inter won`t sell and already refuses a swap ...Our reserves look promising .

If he would have been more humble, appreciated where he was and just concentrated on playing football. He would have been worshipped at Arsenal and I think both us and him would have been better off.

It is so unfortunate when players get the mentality Adebayor has, They end up wasting alot of time thinking they deserve better and trying to strive to get their. Then when they actually realise they are no better than anybody else and they should be happy with what they have got, their careers are fizzling out and they are at their 12th team of their career and not lived upto their potential.

City's transfer politics suck IMHO.
If you look at their bench in the last match: Silva, Adebayor, Given, ... All these players are far too good to be on the bench (and of course the same can be said about the eleven starters).

This will cause trouble. Besides this, i think their squad is unbalanced: too manu DMF's.
All this will lead to unrest and problems. It could be well that City will once again finish outside the top 4.

I'm not so sure that Mancini is the right coach for such a team too... he seems very cautious. I've nothing against this team and to me it's a good thing that there is a new possible contender for a top 4 finish, but they are buying too much stars or players who consider themself stars. You need players like Bellamy and Ireland in your squad.

Totally disagree, in past windows maybe... but this time i couldnt be happier we are signing young hungry players who all have good resale value, Kolarov, Silva, Boateng, Batolli are all under 25 and all are here to win things imo this is the way we should have gone in the begining! What would you have us do Gerd?

We maybe slighly unbalnced in certian areas but that is due to past mistakes also Yaya is not a Dmf he may have played that roll for Barca but doesnt for the Ivory Coast nor his previous clubs pre Barca and for us....

I dont see what you mean with needing players like Ireland or Bellamy.......?

I think he means you need people who play a vital role over the course of the season but are happy to be squad players and don't have the ego that comes with 'star'players. Guys like Park and O'Shea for us or Kalou and Ferreira for Chelsea.

I agree though that you've bought well this summer. Mancini has basically had to to trim the squad of all the dross Mark Hughes overpaid for and then get players that will give you the capability of challenging for the title and he's done quite well.

I think he's getting unfair critisism from fans and the press to be honest.

Last edited:
Are De Jong, Barry, and Toure still the City midfield as they were against Tottenham? Quite a strange setup, you'd imagine Silva would play the creative role in that midfield 3.

Jumbo expressed what i meant.
Players like Ireland and Bellamy who are good, but who don't care sitting on the bench. And yes the examples of other teams' players that jumbo gave are spelendid examples. City does not have players like that.
I bet that Mancini will not be the City manager at the end of the season and that they will buy other stars in january tranfer window.

Ah now i get what you mean! but still disagree :) Ireland in his Villa presss conference couldnt wait to say how he was the player at the club and had no feelings whether we won or loss (probably exlains why he failed to pick up Scholes when he came on in the derby) hardly the best bench warmer there.... Anyway we have swp bridge they both did it at Chelsea for years! Out of the current squad its only Adebayor that i worry about kicking up a fuss....Silva will needed to be blooded slowly as he was miles off the pace against Spurs.

How much are we willing to wager Gerd? Oh and what do you make of our young Belgian Boyata?

Last edited:
Boyata is a player i'm particularly interested in because i've read somewhere that he came from my favourite team in Belgium: Brussels.

To be honest, i had never heard of him and i haven't seen much of him. Is he good?

I'm not sure how i could pay you if i loose the bet (which is probable, i just have a feeling that Mancini will not end the season as City's coach...teams have to gel and i suspect that the City owners doesn't have much patience...i think they want immediate success). I'm sure however that if i loose you will tell me that i was wrong (and you have every right to do so).

Wasn't Silva supposed to play a wide role? Milner and Johnson seem to be ahead. Adam is just on fire these days.

How did Robinho get unhappy anyway? Wasn't he like playing every match in his first season?

He better not cause trouble. 18M is not something we pay usually.

Last edited:
He was great in the first season, especially at home. For a Brazilian playing his first season in England it was pretty impressive. Then he was injured for the first 3 months of the second season and struggled to get back into the team when he regained fitness, his attitude wasn't great and he was frozen out. Now people are rewriting history saying he was a huge flop which is bollocks in my opinion.

I think he'll do great at Milan.

I feel the same, I can't help but feel Robinho will succeed with us, even though he's a brat. But Milan's atmosphere over the years has sort of always been 'friendly', so it might be good for him.

He's a great talent and a potential great player. He just got sick of playing (or being part) of a small club. he needs to learn to show fight when the chips our down though.

Lets be real here. It might not stay that way for long but I cant imagine many players aspiring to play for City. Your future looks bright but nothing's happened yet.

The Robinho video posted above showed some real quality. It would be a shame if he doesnt become the player he's supposed to. I dunno why but I cant help but feel he would have been awesome at Arsenal.

He would clash with Wenger...Robinho does not have the slightest team ethos...Wenger don't want stars that behave like a star.
Arsenal's biggest stars where probably Henry and Bergkamp: both were very down to earth guys.

I agree with Rune. Arsenal have a strong sense of unity, so I think he would really do well there too. I also feel this way about this year's Milan, and can't help but feel that he'll succeed.

Nah, I'm with Gerd on this.

I can see Robinho having a good season with Milan this year and I think this could turn out to be a very good move for club and player as it's honestly one of the few clubs I can see Robinho possibly succeeding in Europe. But I don't think Arsenal would've necessarily worked out any better for him than City.

When I said Arsenal, I was thinking more about their style of play. I think he would have fit them like a glove. With Robinho and Walcott on the flanks, and the creativity of Cesc and Arshavin, it would have been mouth watering for who ever the striker was in that side.
I wont argue that Wenger doesnt have it in him to control a character like Robinho but I honestly believe he wouldnt have had to if he enjoyed his time there.

Lets be real here. It might not stay that way for long but I cant imagine many players aspiring to play for City. Your future looks bright but nothing's happened yet.

The Robinho video posted above showed some real quality. It would be a shame if he doesnt become the player he's supposed to. I dunno why but I cant help but feel he would have been awesome at Arsenal.
I disagree. The only players who wouldn't think about us are exactly the same players who wouldn't think about Arsenal, Chelsea or United.

The fact that we signed Balotelli, Silva and Yaya back this up. Silva and Yaya aren't quite world class, but at the same time there aren't many who are better at what they do. Balotelli is probably the most talented 20 year old in the world.

Besides, plenty of players may aspire to play for United. In your current situation, unless they're homeless, it isn't going to happen. :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom