Manchester City Thread

City lost both games in the tourney in New York .So , what 25 is staying any insight from the 37 you have? Is City done or they are looking at Milner still 38th player?

Yeah we were pretty shite in both the games i cant believe i stayed up on friday for it lol

Our 25 man squad as of now:

GK
Given, Hart, Taylor

DEF
Kompany, Toure, Lescott, Boateng, Kolarov, Richards, Zabaleta, Bridge

MF
A.Johnson, Silva, Barry, Viera, Toure, Dejong, Swp, Ireland, Milner*

FWD
Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Balotelli* plus eiher JO or Rsc

Were looking pretty good looking at it!

And Torres? Tevez playing behind Torres would be an awesome combination imo. Your team could be:

-------------Given--------------
--Boateng--Toure-Kompany-Kolarov-
---------Dejong-Toure-----------
---Silva------Tevez----Robinho--
------------Torres--------------

I mean, f*cking hell.

As an aside, at present Man City now has the highest cumulative net spend in the premier league since its inception. That is truly, honestly, batsh*t crazy. I mean, Chelsea pretty much pwned that metric, but in just 3 seasons City have outdone em.

(and United are 6th, Arsenal 12th, for comparison)

Yeah we were pretty shite in both the games i cant believe i stayed up on friday for it lol

Our 25 man squad as of now:

GK
Given, Hart, Taylor

DEF
Kompany, Toure, Lescott, Boateng, Kolarov, Richards, Zabaleta, Bridge

MF
A.Johnson, Silva, Barry, Viera, Toure, Dejong, Swp, Ireland, Milner*

FWD
Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Balotelli* plus eiher JO or Rsc

Were looking pretty good looking at it!

just made ur (new rule) 8 with 10 I see... on paper you can do no wrong with them lots Carling Cup heading your way. I bet those players wouldn`t be arsed either if they didn`t play week in/out

I see a diamond mid maybe?

...................Toure/Dejong.................
Milner.....................................Johnson
..................Silva/Barry................

Silva might be groom in slowly and toure might get the nod quicker ?

As an aside, at present Man City now has the highest cumulative net spend in the premier league since its inception. That is truly, honestly, batsh*t crazy. I mean, Chelsea pretty much pwned that metric, but in just 3 seasons City have outdone em.

(and United are 6th, Arsenal 12th, for comparison)

Not surprising when you consider we have only ever sold one player 10m plus...

Id imagine De jong will rotate with Barry depending on the opponents some games there is just no need for a pure destroyer.

Last edited:
AJ wont start all the games so i think swp will get enough games, Balotelli is a u21 so he wouldnt take a place up in the 25 man squad if he signs....

From looking at your squad I'd say 19 spots are nailed on, leaving 6 spots to fight for between the following:

• Bellamy
  • Onuoha
  • Michael Johnson
  • Ireland
  • Robinho
  • Logan
  • Vidal
  • Vieria
  • Jo
  • Garrido
  • Caicedo
  • Santa Cruz

Plus Torres if he signs.

Shouldn't be too hard to shift 6 or 7 of them.

Viera will be in no matter what im afraid! Robinho and Onuoha are defianlty gone, logan, vidal will be out on loan and MIchael Johnson wont be included hes months away from the first team...

There's that keeper Gonzalez too... Do you reckon you'll have 4 keepers within the 25 or just the 3 (Given, Hart & Taylor) and then take a youth team lad if you get in a similar situation to last season?

Apparently Given doesn't count as homegrown as he didn't sign for Blackburn til the summer of 1994 by which time he'd been 18 for a few months and therefore can't have trained in England or Wales for a full 3 years before his 21st birthday but you should have plenty of other players to cover the quota.

lovely stuff I was hoping City can win a game at least! if most of the starting XI don`t play together when will they ?

It's hard to let him leave with the money they paid for him. Robinho said recently that he wants to go back to Brazil becuase of the beach and no team there is willing to pay him even half his price. He had another problem with Real Madrid. He doesn't want Europe it seems.

Sucks, very talented football. Surely City will have to let him go? It's not like they need the transfer fee.

If they had any class they'd let him sign for Santos for a token fee, you know, like half the amount they wasted on Joleon Lescott.

Why should City let him leave for a token fee? What do City owe Robinho?

So you'd prefer to keep him a country he hates, not plying his trade and being miserable?

Any other team would sell him to get rid of his wages, or you know, just to not be complete a$$holes about it. However, you are right, City don't have concerns like that so could choose to let him rot.

Transfers don't always work out, I believe both the club and the player should be adult about it and sort something out.

Robinho is a quitter, and will always be. He will create problems for whoever are his employers. In his first spell at Santos, he literally forced his transfer to Madrid, even stopped showing up for training sessions. At Madrid, he created an excuse of a bad atmosphere in the club with that story of being traded plus money for C. Ronaldo. Back then he was engineering a move to Chelsea with Big Phil Scolari, but the right bid didn't come and City took everyone by surprise paying that load of money at the last minute of the transfer window.

Now that City is piling up all those superstars Robinho could reconsider, coming back to a strong team. But he's like a spoiled child really. He wants to be the biggest star at the club he's playing for. A big ego really. But he doesn't step up to the challenge. When things get tough he quits.

Damn it, some of the Brazilian press say that he's already not so comfortable at Santos, with the likes of Neymar and Ganso drawing much of the attention.

The bottom line is Robinho is a very talented footballer, but a not so good character.

Robinho is a quitter, and will always be. He will create problems for whoever are his employers. In his first spell at Santos, he literally forced his transfer to Madrid, even stopped showing up for training sessions. At Madrid, he created an excuse of a bad atmosphere in the club with that story of being traded plus money for C. Ronaldo. Back then he was engineering a move to Chelsea with Big Phil Scolari, but the right bid didn't come and City took everyone by surprise paying that load of money at the last minute of the transfer window.

Now that City is piling up all those superstars Robinho could reconsider, coming back to a strong team. But he's like a spoiled child really. He wants to be the biggest star at the club he's playing for. A big ego really. But he doesn't step up to the challenge. When things get tough he quits.

Damn it, some of the Brazilian press say that he's already not so comfortable at Santos, with the likes of Neymar and Ganso drawing much of the attention.

The bottom line is Robinho is a very talented footballer, but a not so good character.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom