Manchester City Thread

RIP Malcolm Allison,a true football lover and a manager from an era when
it was all about the manager and not who had the biggest wallet to spend on players.

He made heroes out of ordinary players.

Yeah but so did they for the first goal. Not the foul by Bridge, but the 'foul' by Tevez 10 seconds earlier. He turned their centre half on the halfway line, and Dowd pulled it back for a foul, when it wasn't. They took a quick free-kick and Bridge fouled their winger.

Besides, we did hit the woodwork 3 times, so it's not like we had all the luck. Must admit our first two goals shouldn't have stood though.

Yeah there was Taylor-Fletchers incorrectly disallowed goal when it was 0-0 too and if that had've stood the game might have taken a different course, or you'd have drawn 3-3.

I'm not saying you didn't deserve the victory, but you have been getting lucky with a few things lately. Even things like the huge deflection on Tevez's 2nd goal, but when things are going your way, everything seems to.

Yeah there was Taylor-Fletchers incorrectly disallowed goal when it was 0-0 too and if that had've stood the game might have taken a different course, or you'd have drawn 3-3.

I'm not saying you didn't deserve the victory, but you have been getting lucky with a few things lately. Even things like the huge deflection on Tevez's 2nd goal, but when things are going your way, everything seems to.

that`s rich ,coming from a mutd fan :LOL: :SMUG:

Disallowing TaylorFLetchers 'goal' was the right decision. Campbell, who was offside, clearly went for the ball which brought Lescott towards him and away from Taylor-Fletcher. If that's not interfering with play I don't know what is.

I didnt realise you didn't have a number 10 in your squad till I saw this:

article-1321997-0BAE0063000005DC-568_634x370.jpg

I dunno, the lengths some people go to wind up their City/United supporting mates and colleagues is pretty limitless. Someone had made a Rooney 'Welcome To Manchester' image within an hour or so of the news breaking on Sunday night.

Having looked again, it's definitely photoshopped in part, at least. Those stone seating bits and metal bits of the stadium aren't that close to that, the main entrance.
That picture makes them right in front of the main entrance, when that area is actually completely clear.

EDIT: Compare that pic, with this one:

city-of-manchester-stadium.jpg

I`m watching City play in Europa and why are there so many empty seat? Is there a banned or something . Shocking even small Cottage sell out in Europa.

Most teams don't fill up on the early rounds, only those that are so desperate for the cash that supporters are forced to purchase all tickets.

How are supporters forced to buy tickets?

With a United season ticket you are automatically signed up for FA Cup & European games, whether you want them or not. The only one you can opt out of is the Carling Cup.

Not sure if other clubs have something similar?

With a United season ticket you are automatically signed up for FA Cup & European games, whether you want them or not. The only one you can opt out of is the Carling Cup.

To be honest, as much as I think the current United system is daft, I can see ours going that way too.

Still, I hope my attendance at all these early round games will be well noted if we get to Lansdowne Rd.

So you already pay for a season ticket and then you have to pay extra for all of the Fa cup and european games?

So you already pay for a season ticket and then you have to pay extra for all of the Fa cup and european games?

Yep, usually it's £41 for each game (on my ticket anyway). I can't do midweek games unless I have a day's holiday at work, so it is frustrating at times. There is a ticket exchange so sometimes you can sell your ticket, but to be honest that only happens for really big games...

Yep, usually it's £41 for each game (on my ticket anyway). I can't do midweek games unless I have a day's holiday at work, so it is frustrating at times. There is a ticket exchange so sometimes you can sell your ticket, but to be honest that only happens for really big games...

Well I never knew that?

Back
Top Bottom