Manchester City Thread

This last post is a perfect example of what i was saying.
People get ultra spoiled. Arsenal a team without stars....says enough.
If Arsenal are a team without stars, well then only Barcelona and Real Madrid have stars.

Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke: even these teams have stars.
Are there teams without stars in the English premier league? Blackpool comes to my mind, maybe WBA (Odemwingie could be seen as a star), Wigan has no stars...that must be it.

This last post is a perfect example of what i was saying.
People get ultra spoiled. Arsenal a team without stars....says enough.
If Arsenal are a team without stars, well then only Barcelona and Real Madrid have stars.

Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke: even these teams have stars.
Are there teams without stars in the English premier league? Blackpool comes to my mind, maybe WBA (Odemwingie could be seen as a star), Wigan has no stars...that must be it.

I define stars differently then you gerd, Icon status! You could remove cesc, robin ,arshavin and the stadium will still be full is my statement I`m trying to get across.

I don't think I've seen prices that cheap, for general public, for a competitive game involving a big premier league team. Put it this way, a family of 2 parents and 2 kids could go to the game for £12... Even the Arsenal, while being very generous, charge a bit more than that for Carling Cup games.

Really ? The tickets were around £5 for that PSG game ? News to me, are you sure they weren't £15 for season ticket holders and around £20 for general public ?

It's an important difference since that would be three times the price of next week's game. (5 * 3 = 15). To be fair the game was almost a dead rubber as they'd already beaten Schalke and Twente, so only needed 1 more point from 2 games to get through the group. But even so if they were around £5 I'm genuinely surprised they didn't get more than 25,000... I think the Juventus game was £30 and Lech was £20, so this is significantly more expensive, and it all adds up if you want to take your wife and kids, you wouldnt get change of £50. It's just a shame they haven't really publicised these £5 tickets more as I'm sure a lot of locals would go at that price.

I'm not 100% on the prices but over the past few seasons there have been a lot of offers on City tickets, with big advertisements in the local papers and on buses and billboards etc. Those prices you gave for the Juve and Lech match are correct but there was a 3-for-2 offer which I think was £50 for adults for all 3 home group stage matches or £15 for under 16s. This is still very cheap for football in this country, especially from a team offering European football. I've been to watch League Two sides and paid more than that! There are other clubs that do free tickets for schools and similar too, I know we have for the Carling Cup this season.

Anyway my point was, whilst it's great that City are doing tickets so cheap (and I genuinely think it is a really good thing), it's very easy for them to do because of the owners wealth and the fact the tickets are going unsold and they'll have thousands of empty seats so any sale is worthwhile. I'm sure Bolton for example would love to do ticket offers like this to boost attendances but they're up shit creek financially already so it's just not an option for them. Basically, City's 'generosity' is less commendable than another team doing it.

jumbo, sooner or later City will be the bigger team in Manchester (if they continue to "invest" at the same rate) and then the inevitable glory hunters will change sides.

It's astonishing that most people support one of the big clubs. Look at evo-web. There are a few Spurs fans, one or two West Ham and Newcastle fans, but the majority supports one of the big clubs. This is not good for English football.

I agree they probably will start winning things soon but I don't know about that making them the bigger team, not in Manchester anyway, that's often decided by your family and passed down. It will take well over 10 years before we'd see a major change anyway. I've noticed a few glory hunters switching sides already believe it or not but we've always had a big fanbase and we've got decades of history which will hold us in good stead.

It's not just English football that has this problem though gerd. Using Evo as the source again there are nearly all Inter, Juve and Milan fans in the Serie A thead (only lo zio stands out as different) and only really Barca and Real Madrid fans from the Spanish guys.

Apparently the City - PSG one was £15 for season ticket holders/members (reduced to £12.50 if you had already got a ticket to the twente game) but they were £20 for non-members (i.e. random punters).

£5 for an adult and £1 for a child is very cheap, as I said I cant think of any other top Premier League club selling tickets for competitive matches. You say it's less commendable as it's City (who are rich) - but there are lots of other clubs who are also very rich and they don't offer tickets anything like as cheap as this. (When was the last time Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs etc offered tickets for competitive games this cheap - i.e. any family with two kids can go for £12? Amazing in these economic times!?) All the big clubs tend to give away a small amount of community tickets to local schools, but this is way beyond that in terms of scope - it's open to anyone not just local affiliated schools etc.

I'm starting to think you don't actually read other people's posts and just repeat what you said the first time over and over again.

I know no other teams do it.

I think it's really good that City do it.

My point was that nobody is in the same position as them with regards to empty seats for European nights and the fact they are the richest club in the world by some distance, I don't understand how you can't see how this is a huge factor in them selling tickets for these matches so cheaply and that they're not just doing it because they're a nice bunch of people thinking of the little kiddies.

But as they are rich and don't need the money, they don't need to drop prices to get people in? They could have empty grounds and still be rich, so maybe they are just being nice and thinking of poorer people in people in the current economic situation?

But as they are rich and don't need the money, they don't need to drop prices to get people in? They could have empty grounds and still be rich, so maybe they are just being nice and thinking of poorer people in people in the current economic situation?

Exactly, this is the point I was making. Selling tickets at this price (shockingly cheap) when they don't financially need to should be commended, the economic clout of the owners is neither here nor there if you're a local family who are feeling the budget strain in the UK at the moment.

It's poor form from him but I suspect it has more to do with his agent and the coterie of people who have accompanied Tevez from his rough upbringing.

The agent sees what has happened with Rooney and a chance to make more money.

Football clubs needs to take a tough line with agents and players. These players seem to have no self awareness or limit to their avarice especially considering the economic straits many people are in.

Manchester United fans should not applaud Rooney or buy his shirt. His agent with his knowledge, like Tevez (who no doubt also knows exactly what is going on and is reading the script fed to him) held a club to ransom.

And as for Balotelli. What a spoilt arrogant brat. Someone needs to cut these players down to size.

It's not as if what they are doing is of vital importance to humanity. They're just kicking a bag of air trying to get it in between two posts.

Attitudes like these are turning many fans off football.

I don't see the problem with Ballotelli yesterday. MOTD made out like it was a big deal. He was pissed off at the defender for roughing him up. He didn't do anything to the ref or the player he just released his anger in the air...aimed at nobody. When he got subbed being angry and disappointed he didn't do anything just went off down the tunnel.

The lad was clearly riled up and he reacted as to be expected by a hothead. It could have been a lot worse.

Having said all that, I don't like Ballotelli one bit. Every time I see him for City he looks like he isn't bothered. He does look like a brat on the pitch and I think he might be on his way out within a year.

Something is definitely wrong in the background of man city.

I agreed Tevez handing a transfer request has Agent all over. I think it has to do with a new policy, and players are at the last chance saloon to do something. What Rooney did I`m sure more will follow he got paid in one of his worst start to a season w/ 2 goals (pens). Top agent :COOL:

Milan game isnt finished yet!:RANT: He was being rough housed by every player and no free kick. Was angry and when subbed he ranted off to the dressing rm.

3-0 with 9 minutes to go. I always saw Balotelli's move to City like Robinho's - get away from his club. I'm certain he'll end up at Milan within 2 years.

I don't think much is wrong apart from overpaid prima-donnas, but because City now have loads of money everyone is magnifying every little incident. Tevez is homesick? Does he think an Argy team can pay £30m+ to take him back home? And Balotelli is a spoilt brat who can look class when he tries, but remember he is young and has probably never played against defenders who get away with as much as they do in the Prem, not sure he's better than Ade tho esp with Manu's experience of playing over here, but it seems Mancini has pissed him off.

No matter what a player thinks of the manager in private, he should have the courtesy to acknowledge him.

A lot of these younger players have no respect for anyone. They should realize it takes time to earn that respect.

These players egos are such they think they are special compared to everyone else.They are not.

Balotelli was constantly bad mouthing the referee and also refusing to acknowledge him like a spoilt child.

Referees should not have to tolerate such abuse. Deserved a red card.

True, I would have booked him for the original offence and them booked him for not coming over when he was told! There is too much obvious disrespect towards refs that isn't seen in other sports - Rugby for eg

raftev.jpg

I've heard Tevez wants back to Argentina and to his friends.
He has a pretty good music band (he plays percussion) and has enough of professional football. He feels home sick and i can understand him: what are you doing in Manchester if you can live in Argentina...money is not all in life.
If Argentina would have won the WC, then he would have stopped playing football.

It makes him very likeable to me...

But also very unprofessional, in my opinion. The guy just signed with City after a big money move. He implied that this move was important for him and his career, and that he would play a big part in their growth.

He has a pretty good music band (he plays percussion) and has enough of professional football. He feels home sick and i can understand him: what are you doing in Manchester if you can live in Argentina...money is not all in life.
If Argentina would have won the WC, then he would have stopped playing football.

Gerd you obviously haven't read City's statement.

Yeah, and it's pretty easy to consider money unimportant when you've made around £20 mil over the last couple of years? If he misses the family why aren't they over here with him? I imagine he's the main earner and you'd think the missus could put up with Manc weather for 3 more years before they go back home, would also be good for the kids to learn another language\culture etc

I heard Qatar giving barca a new hand bag full of monies from cousin benson. Tevez might want to join the next best thing to Argentina. "Barcelona"

What the hell ? Have you heard them ? They are horrible. His band is the laughingstock of Argentina.
As I said a lot of times, these argentinian players (especially the ones that were formed in Boca -although Tevez was stolen from All Boys, but he was a lot of time in Boca) are very unproffesional.
Where are the Aimars, the Saviolas, the Crespos ?
Guys like Tevez, Ortega or Riquelme leave a pretty bad image of us.

Hahah brilliant.

I can see him move to Madrid in January.

Jose badly needs at least one more striker to give Benzema competition and cover with Higuain out and will most likely go for one.... what a surprise that only a couple weeks before the window opens, Tevez hands in a transfer request and wants to leave.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he ends up in Spain with Real.

Back
Top Bottom