Manchester City Thread

Erm Gerd, I dont think EPL has unfair advantage, but maybe ive misunderstood...

Hi my friend.
Of course EPL clubs have an unfair advantage due to television money. Not only have they more television money for EPL matches compared to other leagues (and is maybe in some way not unfair although i personally don't see it like that, but i can understand people who disagree with me) but they also have more television money from the CL. To give you an example. The year Porto won the CL in a final against AS Monaco, when the television money was divided all English, Italian, Spanish and German clubs who participated in thatr CL got a larger part of the money when the television money was divided. When Man Utd won the CL they got (rightly so) the largest part of the money. Now in may Barcelona won the CL, when te money will be divided Man Utd will get a (marginally) larger part than Man Utd. This is an unfair advantage.

I was talking about AS Monaco: they will start next season in Ligue 2.
Porto: a CL winner that lost all his good players (and i agree that there is a big difference between both clubs, Monaca relegated due to mismanagement, Porto once again has a very good team...but they already lost their bright young manager to an EPL club).

Nor is it entirely relevant that Premier league clubs are relatively wealthier than those in other leagues.

I agree with your post except with the part i've quoted. IMO this is very relevant (see my reply to Vann).

And this is coming from somebody who never misses one MOTD. I love the EPL, i want the EPL to be the biggest competition in the world, but not like this...

Adebayor is back in town I see. He was sat on the wall outside outside my office today with his "Minder" and his mrs and a baby. He must be seriously disliked to go round with a minder, he even had an earpiece thing :LOL:

Gary Owen, once again demonstrating that classiness we all know and associate with City:

"Arsenal have become like a feeder club to us"

"Maybe we'll have Arsenal come up and play as our reserves"

Gary Owen, once again demonstrating that classiness we all know and associate with City:

"Arsenal have become like a feeder club to us"

"Maybe we'll have Arsenal come up and play as our reserves"

:LOL: play their reserves (↓££ makes ppl think different) Evra said we were a training center :LOL: Dani said we`re a tourist class :LOL: such an easy target we are :COAT:

Truth. Silva is going to have a huge season.

Their team is so ridiculous. Attacking players, of which essentially only 3 can play at any time in their system:
Aguerro
Dzeko
Balotelli
Tevez
Johnson
Silva
Milner
SWP

And that's without Jo, Adebayor, Santa Cruz (is he on loan?) and Bellamy.

Talk about transfer muppets wet dream:

----------------Hart--------------
-Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Kolarov-
-------De Jong-------Barry--------
---------------Toure--------------
-----Silva------------Aguerro-----
---------------Tevez--------------

True but many of those will be offloaded soon though of course.

Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Jo and Bellamy are all on their way out sooner or later whether through loan or transfer.

Tevez will leave as well and SWP will probably sign for Sunderland over next week or so.

But yeah that still leaves a lot of high quality players and good competition for places.

Dzeko + Aguero as the ideal strike partnership and if it works, probably the world's best! with idiot Mario to provide backup and Silva making chances for them with help of Milner, Yaya and Johnson does sound pretty good.

We'll see. I think it's a pile of cr*p that City can loan out so many players while paying large chunks of their wages. That shouldn't be permitted imo.

The point of a loan is to give young players a chance, not to make up for the fact you've bought 15 players too many for the squad cap, but can't sell them cause you're overpaying them so much.

Yeah it's just retarded. Nonetheless, those players no longer in manager's plans will be offloaded and so therefore not in the squad. Be it by loan or permanently or in January.

yep..

but it´s impossible to keep this national players happy and satisfied..

i would play city like this

-------------------- Hart -------------------

Zabaleta -- Lescott -- Kompany (C) -- Kolarov

------------ De Jong --- Yaya Toure ----------

Millner -------------------------------- Silva

------------------- Aguero -------------------

------------------- Dzeko --------------------

Call me biased (which i am), but IMO the most important City player is Kompany...

I'd agree, him or De Jong. I think Barry is a weak link in that team, maybe Milner too. I just don't think Barry has the pace any more to compete in the Premier League.

I would play Adam Johnson instead of Milner. And i still would try Bellamy. Don't know how he did last season, but the season before that he was very good for City.

Adam Johnson should look for a new club really, somewhere that'll give him games most of the time. He's got a lot of talent and he's wasted at City.

Back
Top Bottom