Manchester City Thread

Good lord just watching the West Ham match - did you lot buy ESPN's commentary team too? This is comically biased. You'd think Craig Bellamy was a saint, Martin Petrov is, apparently 'a star reborn'? You've got to be kidding me? This is impartial?

JOHNSON_800x700.ashx

Fuckin hell

Terrible decision to sack Hughes. the guy deserved at least this whole season to make a final judgement. The premiership is a marathon not a sprint.

This sacking is just laughable, nobody can establish City as fast as the fucking Sheiks
want, maybe it's good for Hughes that he can leave these weird persons at City.

He should go back to managing Wales, maybe that way we can see less of the moaning cunt.

Glad he's gone, and I'm gonna laugh if Mancini is gone by my birthday in March.

Cit£h = MASSIVE club with MASSIVE managerial policies.

what`s laughable or a mockery is that they thought Toure and Lescott were able to solve the defense department and ridding Dunne for 6 million. And then you Mark! you want loyalty ya daft cunce :SNACK:

How cynic can you be when you have the future manager watching the game, a game that City ends up winning (i think) and then sack the manager and introduce the pre-selected guy watching the game? How low was that?

How cynic can you be when you have the future manager watching the game, a game that City ends up winning (i think) and then sack the manager and introduce the pre-selected guy watching the game? How low was that?

He wasn't at the game.

Nice to see this thread still has more obsessed rags in it than any other type of fan.

He wasn't at the game.

Nice to see this thread still has more obsessed rags in it than any other type of fan.

But he was already chosen to follow Hughes. That im 100% sure, because i read in a newspaper a quote from mancini stating that he had been studying this team for a while (City). So its still a super bad "illegal kick in the balls" for hughes.

But he was already chosen to follow Hughes. That im 100% sure, because i read in a newspaper a quote from mancini stating that he had been studying this team for a while (City). So its still a super bad "illegal kick in the balls" for hughes.

So it's better that we sack Hughes (I wasn't happy with this at the time btw), then go managerless for a few weeks while we sort out a new manager, than sacking him with a replacement ready to step into the breach?

Good choice Mancini. Him or Riijkard would've sufficed.

About the sacking, I expected it to happen but never at this time. I was expecting Hughes to be the manager to lead them to a CL place this season then to be replaced next season by a better manager, was thinking Mourinho tbh, then the CL spot and a class manager would bring in even better players.

Last edited:
Mancini was learning English since getting sacked from Inter!

with very poor results, i would add. :P
all theese months studying english and that's the best he can come out with?!? come on man!! :LOL:

oh well, afterall that's not the most important thing. he has not the language fluency hughes has and he didn't learn english as quickly and well as mourinho learned italian..... but where it counts the most, in the coaching department, he's much better than both of em..... not that it takes much to be a better coach than those 2.

Last edited:
Well that will truly be put to the test, He has as close to the same Job Mourinho had at Chelsea so we'll see if he can help City win the league.

I dunno. Chelsea had already done well in the league and in Europe before Mourinho got there. Mourinho added that extra push to help the team to the top. Man City need a little more than just a push IMO.

Well that will truly be put to the test, He has as close to the same Job Mourinho had at Chelsea so we'll see if he can help City win the league.

nah pal. the 2 situations are completely different..... ranieri did half the job for mourinho (even hughes or megson would have won the league in those conditions), while, seeing how man city used to play with hughes in charge, mancini will have to rebuild the team from scratch.... i'm not saying the players aren't good enough, but they just don't know how to play together.

and u also have to consider the "structure" mourinho could count on.... in 5 years abramovich and kenyon made about 2 or 3 mistakes on the market.... while, the man city management, well so far they did about 2 or 3 right moves, and that's it.

plus the league today is completely different from what it was when mou took over chelsea. chelsea filled a vacuum: arsenal just ended his glorious cycle, while man utd was making the very fists steps of a new cycle......
nowadays the situation is completely different, and even just making it to the top 4 is quite a feat. if u wanna win the league, u have to deal with chelsea (which is at full strength), with manchester united (who is starting a new cycle, but which is already way ahead of man city), and with arsenal (wich is doing very good).... hell today u even have to watch your back from tottenham and aston villa!.

besides, even if those 2 situations were similar (and they aren't), we couldn't pretend to compare 2 coaches by considering a single experience.... u judge coaches considering what they achieved (no need to say u have to balance the results with the expectations) and how they had their teams playing, through their entire careers.
both mancini and mourinho started coaching in 2001...and looking back at what they did in the last 9 years, the difference between them is pretty clear. mancini is by no means a world class coach.... but he's a good coach.... and i mean "good" by italian standards (wich is much more than just good for anyone else).... mourinho is a very cool person, with a great talent in "selling himself".

if roberto will be given the time and the freedom to build a team, one year from now, man city will actually be a team (wich would be already more than we can say today).... they won't be leading the premier league probably, but they will be playing some very nice and effective football.... probably the highest-quality football city fans ever saw their team playing..... and that's already much more than hughes or mourinho could ever do.
good luck fellas :))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom