Manchester City Thread

The PSG game last season when United were playing in Japan and the tickets were £5 or something barely got over half attendance. Cos all hardcore Mancs are City fans right?

I know quite a few STH at Old Trafford that are seriously contemplating not renewing due to the price and with it being a recession people just can't afford it. I'd love one but I just can't afford it. I suppose we're not as hardcore as you and don't love our club then.

Our success has naturally brought fans from all over the globe who pay good money to travel and watch us. Do you think we'd rather have a foreign tourist sat down clapping over a local stood up singing? Course not but it's out of our control and the Glazers want more money, they dont care about atmosphere and shit like that.

You wait til the Sheikh has bought you a few titles and some success then see how plastic you lot become and how hypocritical you'll be. Look at Chelsea, I've seen kids in the streets up here wearing their kits, that says it all. The fact is the 'cockney plastic tourist rag's' is the only retort you lot have because we're succesful and you've been a joke for years.

Maybe if the tables turn and we crash out and turn into the comedy club you lot have been then after 30 years I might be as bitter and aggressive as you are. :)

A) No they don't "give them away" you prick.

B) I'd rather have our hardcore of 30-35k who were there when we were in division 2, than 76,000 cockneys and tourists. Let's see how full your place is when you haven't won anything for 30 odd years.

Roll on tuesday night, when you'll see support (via the BBC of course..plastic cunt.)

I used to have one of them years ago, I now have upgraded to a rubber one, that mimics the same motion as a real life, living vagina!...It is amazing.

You're a permanent joke to real football fans.
And LOL at buying titles, cos you lot never have, have you? COCK.

Read this if you can.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/patrick_barclay/article6990019.ece

Yeah top clubs have more to spend on players due to financial reward through success, bigger grounds, higher merchandising etc etc, so forget the fact that our money was gradually built up through this strategy and not just given to us by a sugar daddy if that makes you feel better. We bought all our titles. :ROLL:

And read the first 5 or 6 comments at the bottom of the article, they sum up what a crock of shite it is.

I like Robinho , he just needs direction imo he was brought in to bring in more eye catching players. You need a top boss to bring in players ,not a player to bring in players. That`s a disaster waiting to happen, City is having a great season. Robinho has the same attitude he did in RM . Mancini as a top boss knows he need to humble Robinho and pop his bubble ego back to normal. Then, you`ll get the best out of him.

Arshavin is humble ,but when he`s on fire (on top form) he tends to open his mouth a bit too much almost against Le Boss`s wishes. So,the similarities are their with Arshinho

Yeah, typical united fan, posting on a message board during the match. :P

When you have millions of fans and only 76,000 seats, it's rather inevitable some will have to be content with sitting at home on the internet isn't it?

Especially when money is tight, though I suppose we could always get a £5 ticket for City, plenty of them about with demand so low.

I honestly don't see much difference between the Glazer' United and the sheikh's City...both used to be great traditional clubs and both are now stolen away from their fans (but most fans don't realise that...).

B) I'd rather have our hardcore of 30-35k who were there when we were in division 2, than 76,000 cockneys and tourists. Let's see how full your place is when you haven't won anything for 30 odd years.

Roll on tuesday night, when you'll see support (via the BBC of course..plastic cunt.)

:LOL: Steady on.

I blame the money for ruining everything called Beautiful football, if it ever exists now. Football is simply a profession these days, therefore loyal fans of a club are expecting too much from players today tbh. We want players to give their all every game, but how can they supply that with the lack of loyalty?

Its just a job. Somewhere else offers me better pay and I'm off.

I don't mind players being paid to play football, but I'm totally against the gazillions that gets poured into their pockets for kicking the ball about.

When you have millions of fans and only 76,000 seats, it's rather inevitable some will have to be content with sitting at home on the internet isn't it?

Especially when money is tight, though I suppose we could always get a £5 ticket for City, plenty of them about with demand so low.

Yeah cos as we've already mentioned, £5 tickets don't exist unless you're under 16.

Unfortunately for you lot, that doesn't mean mental age, otherwise you'd be queuing up for them.
tossers.

In the last issue of FourFourTwo there is a letter of a 14 year old Wolves fan, that is IMHO one of the best letters i've read.
It's about the joy of being a fan for a litle club. The fact that being a fan of a club who always wins (or thinks it always can win) must be utterly boring.
On top of that he points out that big clubs and their fans are bad loosers...ungracefull loosers...

That 14 year old has a wisdom that few people in this discussion have...

And to put this discussion in perspective, this is what i found on the Guardian's site and as a Spurs fan, i fully agree.

"Arsenal probably won't win the league. But if they did it would be a good thing for English football. Forget the tribal affiliations (and this is being written by a Premier League neutral) and it looks like a victory for competent financial handling and simple common sense in a time of fiscal chaos elsewhere. Arsenal do have large debts, but this is down to the bricks and mortar investment in a new stadium that has decisively repositioned the club's income earning potential. This is a model for how to run a big football club, right from the debt-light floating operating costs, the emphasis on sourcing and then improving players (Craig Eastmond has become the seventh English ex-youth teamer to play for the first team this season), and of course the flexible, frictionless way Arsène Wenger likes his team to play. Winning the league this season would surely be the sweetest – albeit the most self-righteous – of all Wenger's titles."

I blame the money for ruining everything called Beautiful football, if it ever exists now. Football is simply a profession these days, therefore loyal fans of a club are expecting too much from players today tbh. We want players to give their all every game, but how can they supply that with the lack of loyalty?

Its just a job. Somewhere else offers me better pay and I'm off.

I don't mind players being paid to play football, but I'm totally against the gazillions that gets poured into their pockets for kicking the ball about.
Yep the sooner it eats itself the better, all this "it's a short career" crap is nonsense...

Last edited:
Yep the sooner it eats itself the better, all this "it's a short career" crap is nonsense...

Yep all this short career stuff to justify the wages :LOL:

I reckon on an average ish wage working for around 49 years. you will earn around £1,500,000 in your lifetime (Gross).

A mediocre premiership player would get about £30,000 a week (Just a guess) so in one year they will make £1,560,000, £60 more than an average person would earn in a lifetime!

So yes all this short career shit is bollucks, they earn a ridiculous amount of money....end of story.

I can assure you that the real big money in football does not go to players...they earn a ridiculous amount of money, but that in itself is not the problem.
It's the lack of guidance this young millionaires get...

Keep on Ranting, your hardcore of 35000 is a load of bollox, your average attendances when you were relegated were in the 20,000's.The season you dropped down into the championship you were 3rd in the Div 1 attendance table behind Sunderland and Boro, and wouldn't have even made the top 10 premiership attendances with less fans than such hardcore followers like Derby and Sheff Weds.

Everyone better get a good nights sleep tonight. (Not so)quiet_riot will be on tomorrow and BOY will he be over the top :)

Well Tevez did it. Left Sir Alex without any arguments.

And Gary Neville has a big mouth doesn't he? All that shite he supposedly said in the papers just motivated Tevez even more!

If there is a second leg, then this is a good result for United...
IMHO City is a team without balance, they very weak definsively...and i'm not sure if that is necessary due to the defenders (although Lescott is clearly out of form).

Back
Top Bottom