Manchester City Thread

Trying to make a serious roster.

```````````Bridge``````````````````Robinho`````````
``````Dunne``````````De Jong```````````````````````
Given`````````````````````````Elano````````Adebayor
``````Kompany````````Barry`````````````````````````
```````````Richards````````````````SW-Phillips`````

Can switch in Tevez/Santa Cruz for Elano/De Jong for extra power up front.

Stephen Ireland, Santa Cruz, Petrov in rotation. Not too shabby.

I reckon that this team, for sure, is not a team capable of winning the EPL. Its better called, money spent on players that barely no1 gives a f***.<<< IMO.

Well for the past 5 seasons only 2 teams have managed to win the EPL. That makes only 3 teams in the past 14 seasons. I reckon as well that saying City will win the title is a far-stretch, but their roster is far from indecent. And I don't think you can say "players noone gives a f*** about".

Barry was Rafa's top target last season, and he was still interested in signing him this season.

Tevez is one of the best Argentine internationals, in the game right now undoubtedly.

Robinho was the 4th top scorer of the season last year. He was a crucial part of the Madrid team, and he still continues to start on Brazil's national team even after his move to Manchester City.

Elano has been consistently managing to make it into the Brazil NT squad for maybe 3 years now.

Kompany and De Jong are two really exciting players for me. Lots of promise.

Adebayor. He's just Adebayor. Love him or hate him, you can't really argue that he's worthless. He was top transfer targets for AC Milan and Barcelona last season, so you can hardly say no one gives a shit about him.

Santa Cruz was one of they key players in Blackburn's campaign this season.

And SWP hasn't been doing too bad for ManC after resigning for them.

still need to sort that defence and the central anchor of your midfield.

Then'll we'll be worried!

It seems the secret to having strength in depth is actually just having a massive wage structure. Top class players who don't mind being rotated often because they are being offered silly amounts like a quater of a million a week!

I think City have to go with:

--------------Given------------
-Richards-Dunne-Kompany-Bridge-
---------Barry---De Jong-------
-------------Ireland-----------
--Robinho--------------Tevez---
-------------Ade/SC------------

As Tevez sucks out wide, this does raise serious questions in my mind as to what Hughes is thinking. I guess he could pull Ireland back, push out De Jong and hope Tevez can play as an AMF (hopeful). Doesn't solve the problem that Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Bojinov and Cacaedo all play exactly the same position, and that only 1 will feature in most games. Oh, and forget about SWP and Elano, they'll never play.

Team is stupidly unbalanced, and half of the attackers will leave in a season. (or before this window shuts).

Your kidding right?

vacation-travel.jpg

Ade and Carlos have got their City pay packets.

Could be worse, we could pin our hopes on someone who'll be paid to lie on a treatment table.

Now run along back to your own thread, because you don't care about 'Citeh' do you? :lol:

Yep thats right, Sorry about losing the mighty Vodacom Cup by the way. Don't worry you've got Barcelona next in a friendly, must be a MASSIVE game for you lot :))

Yeah, you've never lost the Vodacom cup to the Kaiser Chiefs have you?

Also, Barcelona isn't next. If you want to obsess, at least do your homework boy.

I think it's time to give up on ignoring Man City. With Toure, they will have a starting 11 as good as any other.

A Manchester City fan is so confident his club can spend their way to the top that he now sports a tattoo proclaiming them as European champions.

Kirk Bradley, 25, has had a tattoo reading "Manchester City - Champions League Winners 2011", along with a picture of the famous trophy, inked on to his right shoulder.

Bradley told the Daily Mirror: "I really believe we have the quality and the ambition to do it.

"All my mates think I'm crazy, but I don't care. At least no one can doubt that I am a true fan."

By his reckoning, City would have to finish in the top four of the Premier League this season and then win European football's most prestigious competition at the first attempt.

When asked what he would do if the Eastlands club could not live up to his expectations, Bradley said: "I don't even want to think about."

The 25-year-old student will be hoping his body art does not befall the same fate as fellow City fan Christopher Atkinson, who had 'Kaka' emblazoned across his chest in January when the club made their move to sign the Brazilian star from Milan. The deal fell through, and Kaka joined Real Madrid this summer.

City, who have spent more than £100 million in the current transfer window, got their league campaign off to a winning start with a 2-0 win at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :FAIL:

Ade getting lucky I see and Tevez he ain`t use to playing a full match Utd gets the best out of him in 15 minute increments. City will realize that near the end of the season though ,good 3pts today

You are very brave JoeBoat.... i'd have waited until about 10'o'clock to pop into this thread :-)

Good luck tonight, hope its a good game and more importantly that we see Warnock crying about some decision after the game...

Apparently we're bringing the big guns...

I can remember when Big guns meant we were just bringing our slightly over weight players.....Like Andy Morrison and Bob Taylor... :-)

Has Warnock got you launching it or do you still play a bit of football down there????

Playing football more this year but we are lacking fire power really

Plus our goals dont count

Bellamy had a cracker of a match but bit funny when Rio grabbed him he didn`t show the same aggression. I wonder how Ade and him get along it`s a matter of time before they square up.

bellamyslap.gif

Fantastic game...you lot nearly had us there at a big fat NOT.

Sort out that shoddy defence...sort out stupid changes in midfield during a big match...and lastly put up more posters of Tevez in your streets,that might inject him more passion to play...he looks a tad timid today,I dont know why. =)

BTW...you lot can always sell us Nigel De Jong or Craig Bellamy incase you decide to chop and change again.

Back
Top Bottom