Manchester City Thread

yea the team is solid with robihno on and SWP.

Elano being Elano and Jo...well I dont know him really well but Im sure he can perform.

they can definatly go for a top4 finish =p

Im pretty sure every players get 1million extra per goal score =p

Wheres the holding midfielder though Ireland or Johnson cant do it, and i dont think Zabelata would have moved to sit on the bench.

Nah they'll surely play Hamman, Kompany or Gelson in place of Ireland, he's not defensive minded enough to play there. He'll be contending with Elano, SWP and Robinho for one of those places. Zabaleta will be right back.

Ireland any day over SWP.... maybe SWP can come on as a super-sub??? It would be stiff competition between Kompany or Hamman.

The Tinkerman himself stated money ain't gonna buy Buffon.... not bad!! Lets see if this still holds good during Jan transfer window!!

I'm really afraid that all this money will affect the chances of City's youngsters, and they do have some great ones. Especially Michael Johnson.

Sturridge, Johnson, Ireland, Richards, Onuoha and Hart. They have a nice squad but that "nice" squad will soon be dismantled with mega buys for players who play in the same position:DOH:

Well about those scooters, i noticed in the last FourFourTwo that there are already mountain-bikes from Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool...

If Buffon would go to Man City (which IMHO will never happen) then they cal sell GIGI-condoms with parmezan flavour in the Man City mega-shop...."buy a Buffon condom, safe as hell..."

I'm sorry but the merchandising aspect of football is quite over the top nowadays...

So it may have been asked already, but I've not seen much of him...so...

Is Kompany as good as he was in the old PES games? Best. Defensive. Signing. Ever. :)

u see what money makes...
brazilian press have problaby never talked about city in their lives...
yesterday at some point of chile x brazil macth, jo, elano and robinho were playing together, and city was all they were talking about...
$ speakes.

Is Kompany as good as he was in the old PES games? Best. Defensive. Signing. Ever. :)

Kompany has everything to become the next Desailly. But he always searches a constructive solution (which IMHO is not always the best thing to do as a defender) and (which is worse) he's rather nonchalant. And in Hamburg he proved to be very injury prone...when he started in Hamburg the German press said he was the new Beckenbauer (which means alot in Germany), but after a while he was known as "the man of glass"...at the end he was once again lauded for his football capacities.

I think he's better suited as a DMF than as a CB.
He's a nice, intelligent and very social person, he has lots of talent, but i'm not sure if he will become a big player...i would like him to succeed because i've had professional contacts with him and he's a fantastic person...

He's pure class IMO. Pure class. Right up there with Garay, Agger, Corluka, Zapata as one of the top young defensive players in the world. He, like Corluka, has everything to become a top CB, or a top midfielder, though I'd prefer him in midfield myself.

He's got everything in his locker, and most importantly, he's got a footballing BRAIN. He's incredibly mature for someone of his age, and very humble (I was really impressed with his first interview for City).

He's a top, top signing. So is Zabaleta, who's a top quality right back. Forget Robinho, I think City already have a team capable of challenging the top 4. I'd hope that with Hughes in charge, they don't become another Chelsea, but actually bring through their own players.

Fact is: Kompany is very injury prone and could never live up to the hype in Hamburg. And Hamburg is no Real Madrid or Chelsea ... I wish him a better run at City, but he doesn't exactly come as proven star or anything.

Fact is: Kompany is very injury prone and could never live up to the hype in Hamburg. And Hamburg is no Real Madrid or Chelsea ... I wish him a better run at City, but he doesn't exactly come as proven star or anything.

I agree with you, but it seems to me that he wasn't particularly lucky during his Hamburg period...lots of injuries and then the dead of his mother.The first season with Hamburg was also the worst Hamburg has had for many years...

I also think that Hamburg should have got a litle bit more patience with him.

i became happy because dubainans are now owner of manchester city and they bought robinho before the closing of transfer window i hope they will transfer a lot of important stars

Manchester City's prospective new owners ADUG want to create club-branded energy drinks, fast-food outlets, phone cards and even cars and scooters. (Daily Mail)

:LOL: Makes Kenyon look normal.

dont worry prof these lot will take Kenyon of chelsea!!

Also Big Phil said in todays press conference that during the summer citeh offered him the managers job.

what did u guys think about robinho first macth as a city player?

Started great. The whole match started at a high tempo. Good touches, nice pace and vision, but it was obvious he'd not been here long, the understanding wasn't there.

Chelsea fully deserved to win, and although we nearly matched them for 60 mins, after that we tired and their class shone through.

I came away very happy though, which hasn't happened in a while (when we've lost), very excited about the future. Just hope all this money doesn't render our academy, which is awesome, useless.

yeh i liked his start too...
i just think ireland is not good enough to do the thinking game in your midfield...ull need somebody with more quality..i would love to see juninho there for instance.

yeh i liked his start too...
i just think ireland is not good enough to do the thinking game in your midfield...ull need somebody with more quality..i would love to see juninho there for instance.

I've been a huge critic of Ireland in that past, but this year so far he's proving me wrong. Playing far better than Johnson, IMHO.

Great game from City yesterday. Jo and Robinho played very well and looks like they adapted their team very well.

I'll be watching City attentively this year.

what a game!!!!!!!SWP was great:)):))
you completly destroyed Porstmouth(not an easy task),
looks like Robinho and Jo are settling very well

Back
Top Bottom