Manchester City Thread

I think at home we will probaly setup as
...........Hart.........
Zablatea-Dunne-Richards-Ball
..........Kompany...........
Swp........Elano.......Petrov
...............Robinho......
........Jo.................

Probably go with two holding midfielders playing away like we did at Sunderland, and then theres Johnson ect.

he's a strong tackler, okay in the air, his positional play is expectional, that's what made him strong. the big downside though is that he is probably the slowest defender we had in a long time, that's why i am surprised he moved to the premiership. will be interesting to see if he is just the backup for the backup or maybe a bit more.

Very intresting mate thanks, just been confirmed he will have the number 18 as his squad numer.

I can't believe you didn't get a left back in the transfer window, even before the buyout.

Garrido lost all his confidence after a good start last season and doesn't get a look in now and Ball is really not very good.

I see that Real say (not that I always believe them) City offered a 'blank cheque' for Van Nistlerooy. Surely that is just a pure spite signing? A bit of in your red-nosed face to Fergie rather than business decision? Seems a bit petty to me....

...........Hart.........

Probably go with two holding midfielders playing away like we did at Sunderland, and then theres Johnson ect.

Very intresting mate thanks, just been confirmed he will have the number 18 as his squad numer.
mate i hope to god m johson does not lose his place. he is awesome. I think elano will be second choice to robhino, but thats not really robihnos position... he is a winger...

He says himself, that he was played out of position at Madrid and his favoured position is behind the striker. Aswell as Elano ad Robinho both played for the super Santos team of the early 90s, but i know what you mean about Johnson, Its my only worry with the takeover, that him and Sturridge, Weiss and the other academy lads still get ther chances!

You can say goodbye to those guys. You'll probably be buying a new academy with the kind of money your new owner has.
Just read in The Sun today that Abramovich's wealth is worth something like £12billion but this new guy has £450billion! He can literally buy the title if he wanted to. He has enough money to buy every bloody team in England.

Wow 450 against 12?!!!! gezz.. i bet in some years city will be as big as utd for the rest of the world than...

anyways Mack the santos team robinho played with elano was brazlian champions in 2002, not early 90`s :lmao: early 90`s robinho was 7 or 8 years old hehehe

Wow 450 against 12?!!!! gezz.. i bet in some years city will be as big as utd for the rest of the world than...

anyways Mack the santos team robinho played with elano was brazlian champions in 2002, not early 90`s :lmao: early 90`s robinho was 7 or 8 years old hehehe

Yeah i dont know why i wrote the 90's :LOL:

Anyway found this done by a Liverpool fan funny as....

YouTube - Manchester City "New Owners" Speak to the fans

Last edited:
I see that Real say (not that I always believe them) City offered a 'blank cheque' for Van Nistlerooy. Surely that is just a pure spite signing? A bit of in your red-nosed face to Fergie rather than business decision? Seems a bit petty to me....

nah its not petty its desperation!

i think siddy bid for nearly every big name out there to show everyone they mean business!

even tubby-Ronaldo!!

obviously none of them wanted the move!

luckily for siddy tho Robinho had spat his dummy out @ madrid!

Robinho makes Man City move gaffe

Robinho's career at Manchester City has not got off to the smoothest start following his switch from Real Madrid.

The Brazilian stunned football by making a £32.5m move to Eastlands and not, as expected, to Londoners Chelsea.

However, it appears the 24-year-old's deadline day move has still to sink in.

"On the last day, Chelsea made me a great proposal and I accepted it," he said, to which a reporter replied: "You mean Manchester right?". "Yeah, Manchester, sorry!" answered Robinho.

:LOL:

Well, I luv Ricky Hatton and the color light blue is a very peacful :SMOKIN: and it`s very easy for me say nice things about City

if at anytime anyone wants to support this club before being label plastic ....join now :LOL:

Last edited:
Yes he is, the move to betis fell through, because they couldnt agree a fee with shaktar.

Well, I luv Ricky Hatton and the color light blue is a very peacful and it`s very easy for me say nice things about City

if at anytime anyone wants to support this club before being label plastic ....join now

Its already started im sure of it! Im planning to get one of these:-

that is a classic... that`s taking a giant leap :COP:(giving the glory hunters the green light)

I remember someone here saying something like if we had a rich owner...We will be on the top too!(.... had answered)

Last edited:
...........Hart.........

reckon the arabs will have you set up like this once the transfer window opens again ;)

mancity.jpg

I think now that Corluka has gone to spurs Kompany will partner Dunne in the CB role with Micah Richards moving to RB.

-----------------Hart-------------------------

Richards-------Dunne----Kompany----------Ball

----------M.Johnson------Ireland----------

SWP---------------Elano-----------------Robinho

-----------------Jo----------------------

great play all the Brazilians in the team lol!! Thats a scary ass team in the defense with Dunn, Kompany & Richards.... Elano, Robinho & Jo as forwards with SWP as.......himself!!

I think now that Corluka has gone to spurs Kompany will partner Dunne in the CB role with Micah Richards moving to RB.

-----------------Hart-------------------------

Richards-------Dunne----Kompany----------Ball

----------M.Johnson------Ireland----------

SWP---------------Elano-----------------Robinho

-----------------Jo----------------------

looks good to me if jo can perform.

Back
Top Bottom