Manchester City Thread

The Premier League has given Manchester City permission to sign a goalkeeper as a temporary replacement for Joe Hart, who was injured against Hull on Sunday.

Hart's ankle injury is not as bad as first feared and he will be out for two weeks rather than a month.

But City boss Mark Hughes' only fit back-up for Kasper Schmeichel is 18-year-old Norwegian Tobias Johansen.

:CURSE:

So much for the FA and Premier League wanting youth players given a chance :ROLL:

Seriously. Can just see Mark Hughes putting an arm around Kasper Schmeicel - ok son you know how we talked about you getting a chance when Joe was hurt? Well, we've had a long think and have decided the best bet is to go with someone new, we know nothing about, because I really do'nt trust you. But don't let it get ya down eh champ! Your dad was great!

La Gazzeta states that you guys bid for Buffon, 75M to juve and 15M for him.
Omfg, next summer will be nuts, i really want to see how ManCity is going to look for the 2009/2010 season.

Schmeicel is playing it's just they haven't got anyone to put on the bench. Chelsea did the same when Cudicini and Cech were both out at the same time.

Im really scared of what your going to turn ManCity into. Those petroasians are going to ruin football if they buy all the worldclass players in the world, and players being golddiggers atm (Ronaldo, Kaká, Robinho, etc) i really fear whats going to happen either this january or next summer.

La Gazzeta states that you guys bid for Buffon, 75M to juve and 15M for him.
Omfg, next summer will be nuts, i really want to see how ManCity is going to look for the 2009/2010 season.

You'll like this one then:

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has rejected a move to Manchester City. The Premier League big spenders tabled a world record £129m bid. (Private Spanish radio station Cadena Ser)

Probably lies, but it's still very funny :D

I'm sorry, £129m? Wouldn't it be a better investment to just buy the entire Arsenal starting XI, with Arsene Wenger for that much?

Media = Scum of Earth.

Is it true that City's new shirt sponsor is Etihad, and more importantly that it translates as 'United'? If so that's utterly hilarious.

24th April 2004

As it stands:

_____________________Pl_W_D_L_F__A_PTS
13 Everton ____________34 9 12 13 42 47 39
14 Tottenham Hotspur ___34 11 5 18 42 54 38
15 Blackburn Rovers ____34 10 7 17 48 57 37
16 Portsmouth _________33 10 7 16 37 47 37
17 Manchester City____ 35 7 14 14 48 51 35
18 Leeds United ________34 8 8 18 35 69 32
19 Leicester City_______ 35 5 14 16 42 60 29
20 Wolves ____________34 6 10 18 33 71 28

Man City remaining games:

Leicester City - Away 24th April (Crucial Game) Score: City 1 - Leicester 1
Newcastle - Home 1st May
Middlesborough - Away 8th May
Everton - Home 15th May

O.k heres hoping we don't go down, but it aint looking good right now. Who do you think Keegan should be playing to keep us up? If we do drop who will leave? And while I'm at it, who's your favourite player?

I think:

Keeper - Arason. (James is too dodgy right now, the last thing we need)

Defense - Sun Ji Hai (Runs all day) Dunne (gives 110%)
----------- Distin (Usually solid enough) Tarnat (Great passer)

Midfield - WrightPhillips (best player this season) Barton (Determined)
----------- Tiatto (aggresive) Macca (Can still create)

Forwards - Fowler (does his best) Macken (works for the team)

Subs: James, Wiekens, Reyna, Anelka, Bosvelt

I'd drop Anelka for not working hard enough. Sibierski for missing too many chances. Sinclair for doing nothing.

If we drop I think Anelka goes 1st. Wright Phillips next, then Tarnat, and possibly Distin.

My player of the season: Shaun Wright Phillips.

well manchester city never wins hehehehe !!

Back
Top Bottom