Manchester City Thread

Robinho is quality. Put it this way, Liverpool sign Riera and Man City get Robinho. Thats pretty depressing!!

tell me about it!

The good/bad news is that DIC are back in for Liverpool with a higher offer.

So if that goes through we are left with 5 or 6 Mega Rich teams in the PL

All this after Robinho pleading with Real Madrid to let him leave and sign for Chelsea so he could team up with Scolari. Nothing to do with the money, honest guv.

Also seems a bit random on the part of Man City. First, out of the blue, they bid £30m+ for Berbatov. That fails so they immediately throw silly money at Robinho. Let's just get some big name in, no matter if he's the right man for the team.

I wonder how much say Hughes had in this. He'll not be complaining at acquiring Robinho, but it seems his new owners will be deciding who they want to sign. Could be the route to the next Shevchenko.

Anyway, will be good to see if Man City can break into the top 4 now. That'll shake things up a bit.

My guess on the robinho saga is the same way the berbatov saga has gone on as we all know berba signed for spurs from Leverkusen and is now at Man Utd Robinho has signed to get out of Madrid I wouldn't count on Chelsea bidding for him in an year's time...

The fact the Man City initially bid for Berbatov was clearly the new owners making a statement to Man Utd, who they knew were chasing Berbatov. When Berbatov basically told them "why the fuck would I want to join Man City?", they immediately turn their attention to trying to usurp another rival in Chelsea, who had clearly been chasing Robinho. Unfortunately for Robinho, he didn't know as much as Berbatov about Man City, so naively signed for the money.

The Man City owners' intentions were clear, let's show the other big boys we're in town now by trying to nick their signings from under their noses. Muscle flexing rather than strategic team building.

Robinho will flop completely in the Prem. No way he's gonna get used to the pace and physicality after playing in La Liga.

£34 million rofl.

Citeh = richest club in the world my god.

Whats the betting you beat Chelsea with goals from SWP and Robinho?

Glauber + Robinho, finally paired up again :LOL:

919.jpg

City are a massive club :LOL: It could finally come true....at least in the same way little old Chelsea are temporarily massive.

Robinho will flop completely in the Prem. No way he's gonna get used to the pace and physicality after playing in La Liga.

£34 million rofl.

We said that about Tranny. And Nani. And Anderson....1 out of 3 aint bad!

34 million 'rofl' you just paid 33 for a guy who sulks constantly and is 28 and smokes 30 a day! :EASY:

Loving all these bitters coming out now were rich.

We were here when we were shit! We were here when we were shiiit!

Bitter? This is just great for us cuz now you wont have an excuse when we whoop your ass!

well iv got to say coming from a arsenal fan congratualtions man city fans what a player you have signed beware chelsea man city are here

We said that about Tranny. And Nani. And Anderson....1 out of 3 aint bad!

34 million 'rofl' you just paid 33 for a guy who sulks constantly and is 28 and smokes 30 a day! :EASY:

Loving all these bitters coming out now were rich.

We were here when we were shit! We were here when we were shiiit!

Hell I'm with you on Berbatov. Hugely overpriced and Spurs took us to the cleaners. But what can you do?

And I'm not bitter at all, you're still shit and you've pissed off Chelsea, its win-win for us :w00t:

:LOL: I agree with the United lads, I think Robinho will need a season to get used to the prem but by then he might want a move aswell. Anyway was thinking a lot of foreigners refer to us as "Manchester" what are the chances Robinho thought it was us and arrives at the training ground asking "Wheres Wayne and Cristiano?" :LOL:

£34 million rofl.

ROFl im totaly tire of bullshit talk with people saying players wont adapt to the prem pae and physicality...LOLLL like the prem was the tough league bundesliga is toughes league to play in.

look at Torres and a bunch of others players they keep telling playing in the prem is a joke.

so please ge over it with some crappy talk like the prem is the BIG league, I wont get deep in this but most of the middle team from spain, bundesliga, Serie A are simply better than the team in the prem.

Robihno is going to be the new Ronaldo in england. robinho is going to be the new idol in england trust me.

You guys clearly haven't watched Robinho, if you don't rate him. He's rather brilliant, and on his day, one of the best players in the world. And thing thing is, those days are coming a lot more consistently now. His ability is clearly worth the money, if you look at the current transfer window.

If Hughes can handle him, he's going to be immense. He's a terrific player.

I'd have no complaints signing Robinho, a CLASS player and a huge signing. Congrats, he'll tear up the Prem.

Torres needed a season to get used to the physicallity as well, he did alright ;))

ROFl im totaly tire of bullshit talk with people saying players wont adapt to the prem pae and physicality...LOLLL like the prem was the tough league bundesliga is toughes league to play in.

look at Torres and a bunch of others players they keep telling playing in the prem is a joke.

so please ge over it with some crappy talk like the prem is the BIG league, I wont get deep in this but most of the middle team from spain, bundesliga, Serie A are simply better than the team in the prem.

Robihno is going to be the new Ronaldo in england. robinho is going to be the new idol in england trust me.

Torres said that playing in the Prem is a Joke? let me see the qoute :DD and who are these other bunch of players?

I think he was refering to the pace of the league and the fact it is totally different to other leagues around the world. So it is natural for alot of players to take time to get used to it.

How many German teams were in the Champions league final last season? How many German teams were in the Semi Finals last season? (Same with Serie A :DD)

I hate it when people spout bullshit with no facts to back it up :DD

Last edited:
I think they did a good thing getting Robinho. You put yourself on the map. You don't want to increase the wage bill massively and win nothing yet. Maybe a bit of cover in January or one more big name. Your biggest problem will be getting world class players to come to Manchester. Chelsea had it easy in that sense. Even United after dominating in the 90's found it difficult to attract the top players. You could pay massive wages but if you don't win anything, you're lest with a big problem.
Anyway, here's to you knocking Liverpool of their fuckin' 4th place perch. And you can print that.

Back
Top Bottom