Manchester City Thread

That's some serious cash. Might be too late to make the leap this season, but as Chelsea have shown - if you have the cash you can have titles too...

Feck me Sky are reporting we have made 3 x 30m+ bids for players 1 in England (Berbatov) and two from europe............!!!!

any idea about the squad # of new signing glauber?

No hasnt been given one yet mate, anything you can tell me about him?

Hughes has just confirmed Berba bid accepted meeting him later on and two other bids in for unamed players, this is just crazy........

Hughes has just confirmed Berba bid accepted meeting him later on and two other bids in for unamed players, this is just crazy........

City must be in dream land at this minute, everything happening so quickly.

You manage to nab Berbatov and sign a couple more quality players I can definitely see you challenging for a place in the top 4.

They have the new guys advisor on Sky now saying this is just the tip of the iceberg ther is no limit on this his only objective is to be number 1.We will buy any player in the world at any price to do this! List of players will be released tomoorow and people will se Berba is just half way on it.

They have the new guys advisor on Sky now saying this is just the tip of the iceberg ther is no limit on this his only objective is to be number 1.We will buy any player in the world at any price to do this! List of players will be released tomoorow and people will se Berba is just half way on it.

Won't make a difference to this season though, will it?

Bugger. Bugger. Bugger. Of all clubs to rain on United's parade. There's some serious karma out there coming good this afternoon.

Still if I was Berba I'd beg for United switch. I mean maybe one day city will be right up there with the very best, but I can't see that day being tomorrow.

Yeah if only this happened a week ago, weve got a gdod base though and if we did manage to get say Berba and Villa i could see us hitting the top 4 this year...

Unlike poor little Man Utd who manage to cobble a team together each week from the street urchins that live in the Trafford area....

How many titles did Chelsea win before Roman? Just outta interest...

No need to get all snappy. If City spend the kind of money they're talking about...and Hughes can control the personalities that come in...well they could be in good shape to challenge the top 4 this year. That's a lot of ifs though, and about 9 hours to sort it out...

Didnt Villa just sign a new deal, Why are you looking for a CF when your only going to play 1 CF and signed Jo? Sign a LB,CB, CM and your sorted.

No hasnt been given one yet mate, anything you can tell me about him?

we've signed him from palmeiras for a fee of around 500.000€ in the winter transfer window 05/06, he became a regular starter after his first match against bayern munich (came on as a sub, made quite an impression). he played a very important role for about 10-11 months, until an injury in 06/07 brought his impressive run to an end, he missed a few games and after his comeback hewasn't as quality and strong in tackling as before. anyway he featured quite a lot of games in 06/07 (20 league, 3 cup), involved in our first win of silverware in 39 years. last season he, aswell as many others, played way below of what he is capable of, resulting in relegation :-ll.(19 league matches, 4 uefa-cup, 1 cup and one league cup match), we had the option to keep him for another year in 2nd league, but decided not to.

he's a strong tackler, okay in the air, his positional play is expectional, that's what made him strong. the big downside though is that he is probably the slowest defender we had in a long time, that's why i am surprised he moved to the premiership. will be interesting to see if he is just the backup for the backup or maybe a bit more. :))

Still think letting Corluka go was a MASSIVE mistake. Though Kompany is a great replacement. And Zabaleta is brilliant as well. Two great defensive players.

This could have serious repercussions for Liverpool or Arsenal if things carry on as before. (i.e. them being the third and fourth placed teams) You could easily replace one of them in the CL places and then they're pretty fucked with the wage bill they have.

080831robinho_ES.jpg

Confirmed by Real Madrid:
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...al/COMUNICADO_OFICIAL_2008-09-01_23:50:09.htm

Last edited:
This could have serious repercussions for Liverpool or Arsenal if things carry on as before. (i.e. them being the third and fourth placed teams) You could easily replace one of them in the CL places and then they're pretty fucked with the wage bill they have.

We will see - Its all a bit premature at the moment though :-pp

Just because they buy all big players, doesn't mean they will do well.

What it means though is that they can waste alot of money - like Chelsea have done and keep making mistakes until they get the right team (Not saying chelsea made many mistakes - but they did waste alot of money) that could be a concern.

Back
Top Bottom