Manchester City Thread

why is everyone so suprised?

it's citeh FFS, they just will not allow themselves to do well...

Too true...

It just gets better we have now qualifeid for europe through the fair play league! so not only has Sven Got us into to the top ten in his first season he only goes on to deliver european football.... Just pure comedy!

That was a bit cheeky form Benfica to bring a tv crew with them to the meeting with Sven, although the line is they were in Manchester to do a piece on Tranaldo its funny that they were outsside Sven hotel at that time lol

Too true...

It just gets better we have now qualifeid for europe through the fair play league! so not only has Sven Got us into to the top ten in his first season he only goes on to deliver european football.... Just pure comedy!

That was a bit cheeky form Benfica to bring a tv crew with them to the meeting with Sven, although the line is they were in Manchester to do a piece on Tranaldo its funny that they were outsside Sven hotel at that time lol

Television networks and most of the press kisses benfica's ass everyday...

Dude i don't know why, but you must be one of those that sees a poor guy on the street and instead of helping him you kick him in the balls.
Whats the point in wanting a bad championship? Lots of clubs are already out of money and are going to die, why do you want one more to go? You wanna have Lots of championships like Rangers or Celtic do? Too bad they don't even pass the group stage because they lack strength since they play every weekend against weak and failed teams (sry lol).
Thats not what i want, i want a championship were all teams have a chance to win the title not the actual Liga.

dude, how did you get to that conclusion? double check my posts. It has nothing to do with the quality of the coach (and Sven is quality).

Thaskin said yesterday that it wass all completly untrue and were seeking legal advice over the story. But the original article story was in the express where it also said about the players receiving a letter from him slating there performance and i posted about that a couple of weeks ago, so who knows...

You crazy owner said that he believes that he can get Ronaldinho!

Well, if that happens, I got to ask, who all due respect to ManCity, what is wrong with Ronaldinho?

Ronaldinho and Jo both seem like your first targets, dunno if you'll get them but if you do then the expectations will rise even higher and more unrealistic.

I would have loved Leslie to go to you aswell, but now he is here he will have my full backing. I just hope that when Fergiescum retires it doesnt all end in tears! well if hes here that long!

I still cant Imagine Ronaldinho here no matter whats been said, i think hes just using us to get a move elsewhere, but i can tell you that the Jo deal is done and dusted! Well at least im lookinf forward to the new season again..

Jo is quality, the thing about Ronnie is though, im not sure anyone wants him? Milan seem to have pulled out and other than them i just cant see no one wanting him more than you lot, Maybe he'll do a Adriano and go back to Brazil

I dont like the direction City is headed to. I'm a bit worried about the future shape of the team. All this Ronaldinho talk and big name signings for unproven strikers is a bit worrying. Theyre trying too much in too little time.

I dont think Thaskin is in Roman's league in money terms! but i read a article with him in the Mail last weekwere he said that he was 59 and he "couldnt wait forever to complete his dream." Iam slightly concerned like Milanista said in the way the club are going with offering Ronnie a umbelievable 20ok a per week especially when i read that over the last 3 yrs hes averaged 23 games a season!! but hey its not my money, and if nothing else it exciting..

It's the doors he opens for other players coming though. Look what happened when Gullit went to Chelsea. They signed Vialli, Zola, etc. It could put you on the Euro map.

Yeah he will defianlty give us a bigger profile all over the world IF he did come! Seemingly the new guy who is our exec chaiman, Garry Cook was a real high flyer with Nike and was the main guy behind the Nike Jordan branding! I think his contacts within Nike will be huge for us with deals like this... Still nothing done yet though!

Marukomu did you catch the playoff final i bet your made up Stockport won?

No not yet anyhow, it was supposed to be Singa beer from Thailand but ive heard that Thomas Cook came back in at thae last minute with a higher offer and will stay on for another two years, i think were tied with le coq for another couple of years but they have done some great stuff this year! We are getting three new kits again though...

Marukomu did you catch the playoff final i bet your made up Stockport won?

I didn't get to see it. I couldn't find a stream so I watch text commentary. I saw the semi against Wycombe though. yeah, it's been a great season. Lot's of old mates in Stockport from when I lived in Reddish. Funny thing is, that's the first time I haven't seen them play at Wembley and they won. They lost all the others. I saw them 4 times there.

The population of the village from which Manchester City's Uefa Cup opponents - EB/ Streymur - come from is under 400. And the entire Faroe Islands is made up of just 48,000 people, which is the capacity of the Blues' Eastlands stadium.

Manchester City confirm Jo as record signing

Updated: July 2, 2008, 8:12 PM UK

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Brazilian striker Jo from CSKA Moscow for a 'club record' undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old 6ft 3ins forward, who has been capped once by Brazil, has signed a four-year contract.

Jo had been on the verge of making the move to Eastlands for a number of weeks and becomes Mark Hughes' first signing since replacing Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Jo, full name Joao Alves de Assis Silva, is a skilful left-footed striker who joined several compatriots at CSKA in 2006 when he moved from Corinthians.

City had been expected to pay around £19million for the striker, who scored 44 goals in 77 matches in all competitions for the Russian club.

Hughes said: 'He's a big talent and a young man with a big future.

'A lot has been said about him and there was a big expectation on him coming out of Brazil. So with the success he's had I think it's a real coup that we've been able to bring him to the club.

'He's a big guy, in stature and in ability, so I think everybody will enjoy watching him play.'

During his spell with CSKA Jo won the Russian league and cup double in 2006 and boasts Champions League pedigree having made numerous appearances in the competition for the Moscow club.

At his unveiling this evening, Jo said: 'I decided to come to Manchester City because it is one of the clubs who showed more interest in me, although I had other offers as well.

'After I spoke to the manager (Hughes) I was very pleased.

'I was told Manchester City is a club going forward at the moment. We can go places, that is our objective. We thought about it and I decided to come to Manchester City for that reason.'

Jo revealed Spanish outfit Valencia were City's main rivals for his signature.

'The club who showed interest officially was Valencia,' he said. 'I know from the press there were other clubs who showed interest.'

Hughes also spoke of the possibility of Jo's compatriot Ronaldinho moving to Eastlands.

The forward has been told he can leave Barcelona but has yet to actually leave the Nou Camp, with AC Milan, Chelsea and City being linked with a move.

'Basically that's a process that is ongoing,' Hughes said. 'I don't think the process has slowed or accelerated.'

Hughes admitted the media speculation has been somewhat unhelpful but revealed one-to-one talks have been positive.

'He's a huge world star and these things, if they are going to happen, are likely to take a bit of time,' he added.

'In the discussions he's had with the club I think he's been very positive about the idea of coming to the club.'
:TU:

Just seen this posted on a site from a so called man in the know, it sounds pretty bad for the blues..

Dr Death is looking to find asylum outside of Thailand for him and his family, but isn't expected to ever return here. Burma is being mentioned. His dough is stuck and staying stuck at home, and he's looking at a very long time behind bars.

Any money used so far to finance city was borrowed from European banks, and it isn't there to be repaid.

Players bought in since his arrival have all been on the drip, and payments are now being missed. Hence Corluka being sold to Spurs for less than city paid than a year earlier.

Steven Ireland was sent to Sunderland for transfer talks yesterday behind Hughes's back, and the whole squad is available in a fire sale (including Richards).

They have no tangible assets, the stadium is council owned, and Carrington is apparently on a lease. So any prospective new buyer will have to write off millions of pounds worth of debt to buy a football club with no players and no stadium.

Administration looms.
"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Back
Top Bottom