Manchester City Thread

Well form Champions league to inter twobob intwo easy weeks, with spurs winning the Carling cup and with the Fa Cup going all crazy means the Uefa cup place just goes to 5th in the league! So now we have to finish above Blackburn or Villa to just get into that :SS

Oh and Benjani its absolutly terrible how hes got the goals hes got this season i will never know!

Well form Champions league to inter twobob intwo easy weeks, with spurs winning the Carling cup and with the Fa Cup going all crazy means the Uefa cup place just goes to 5th in the league! So now we have to finish above Blackburn or Villa to just get into that :SS

it still may go to 6th cos if cardif win it they cant go into europe...

You got my hopes up then Vann but ive just read that if Cardiff were to win it the UEFA cup spot would then goto the runner up! All is not lost there is still the fairplay league, the ultimate in sneaking through the backdoor!

Me and my brother were SCREAMING at the tv on Tuesday night. I would of given a limb to be in the Stretford End singing my heart out. It cut to the crowd at one point and there was some posh old bint wearing an expensive furry hat drinking tea quietly. Get up and sing you fucking prawn-sandwich eating twat!

Why weren't you there?

You got my hopes up then Vann but ive just read that if Cardiff were to win it the UEFA cup spot would then goto the runner up! All is not lost there is still the fairplay league, the ultimate in sneaking through the backdoor!

sos about that fella...

i thought sven is entering you's into the intertoto, doesnt that get you into the uefa??

If so your season will start in june!!

You need Richards back as soon as possible,since he got injured you have been really poor in defence conceding stupid goals

I think we need to finish 6th now just to qualify for the intertoto! The way ive read it is the premier league gets 3 uefa cup spots one of them went to spurs for the Carling Cup, one will go to the FA cup winners unless its Cardiff which means it will then go to the runner up, with the last place going to the team finishing 5th Liverpool\Everton. I think we get 2 intertoto spots and Us Villa and Blackburn have all applied so we have to finish above one of them! But as Alain said we have been conceding some easy goals recently, and richard isnt back for another Month. :(

Great performance from our Kids on wednesday night lifting the Youth Cup aginst a good Chelsea side and with our best player missing! Well done boys!:applaud:

Is it just me or Benjani looks like a dead man walking? No running, no chasing after defenders on the ball, is he always like this lately? He was better motivated in Ports :P

Was never a good buy, I've never rated him even when he was scoring a few. some article i read said it best even with him going through a good patch of form Harry got rid of him as soon as he could i wonder why?

Hes just a average player who went through a purple patch with pompey imo, He is no better than Mpenza was at the beggining of the season... As much as id hate to admit it i think it was a panic buy after losing out on Anelka and Poldolski!

I thought City were brilliant yesterday. Played some fantastic football, and passed it around well.

well looks like Sven will definatly be here next season, welcome JO! Cant really say ive seen much of him apart from the 2 goals he scored against Inter in the Champ League although he does look like hes made for the prm league, a club record 20m, sounds a bit steep but with the exchange rate with euro at the moment i think all tranfers in the summer will be a few millon higher!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3456540,00.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2275394,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=sport

well looks like Sven will definatly be here next season, welcome JO! Cant really say ive seen much of him apart from the 2 goals he scored against Inter in the Champ League although he does look like hes made for the prm league, a club record 20m, sounds a bit steep but with the exchange rate with euro at the moment i think all tranfers in the summer will be a few millon higher!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3456540,00.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2275394,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=sport

Seen quite alot of this lad, i think we were linked with him in the summer, he seems quality kinda gutted you lot got him :((

Thats got to be a good thing! There is more from his agent today saying we havnt made an official bid yet but he fully expects the deal to go through!

That it was, i partly blame us the fans for the second half showing we were treating the game like a party getting all the players to give us a wave ect, and we just took the foot off the gas and let them win. I do like fulham and would hope they can stay up so not to downhearted by the game.

Well its all gone tits up today, i cannot believe Sven is going im seriouly not a happy man, my only hope is Barca win tonight a might then be able crack a slight smile.....:(

What's with this "quick fix" shit from the owners of clubs? City have had looked good this year, at least let Sven serve his 3 year contract!

Its just turning into a shambles, i know we wouldnt even have Sven if it wasnt for Dr Frank but what the hell is wrong with the guy! I know that Dunne went to Sven and told him he had the teams support and they would sign a petition to the chairman to0 which Sven replied that there was no point as the relationship with Thaskin is unattainable....

He also went to Wardle our Ex chiarman who is still on the board and asked what could be done to which he replied and i quote "you are everything that epitomises city, Richard, but im afraid the best thing you could do is get yourself out of here as quick as you can, it is a mess"

Also after the Fulhyam game Thaskin put up a notice for the players cursing the players and basically saying they wer shit....!! Wardle yesterday put up a letter to the players sayin sorry for selling the club to him along with some very harsh words about Thaksin.

Just to top it off Elano has seemingly gone mental about it has the main reason he came was because of Sven, as it stands or as it did last night the team are considering not goin on the Thailand tour in protest....

shambles.........

a joke! did he think city would gain entry to cl in svens first season, i think sven has done well and turned city into an entertaing force, good luck.

I'm completely shocked that they're sacking Sven, he's done more for your club than I possibly thought he'd do in his first season. Gutted for you guys.

seriously shocked at the way Sven's getting screwed by Thaksin!! FFS he did all he could got together a good team of players gelling well. Good finds in players!! Gutted for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom