Manchester City Thread

Corluka has been a great signing i thought Svennis was losing it when he moved him to midfield but hes just to good on the ball for defence!

Plus it lets Nedum play, he will be quality too eventually.

Would like to see Charlie play as a centre half though.

What happenend to Sven's "big name on the way" so far only Castillo, will be a more interesting summer for them , will attract even better players

5-6 weeks for Castillo, on his home debut youve just got to feel for the guy. At least we will have Boinjov back next month! Its all een pretty hush hush on transfer front, we seemingly had a 12m id turned down for Podolski. I read an interview this morning with Frank and he said we are in talks with two strikers one to buy on to loan. If they come off i thinks it bye to Bianchi!

To be honest im more bothered about Everton than Liverpool at the moment, We just need a forward or make that 2 now Bianchi has gone to lazio and with only 7 days left.... In sven we trust!

Yeah hes always done well when hes played, Obviously something going on behing the scenes... Im still suprised he has gone though especially without a replacement already lined up.

robsonsheffutd.jpg

:applause: ;)

robsonsheffutd.jpg

:applause: ;)

Legend!!!

still at least sven's got things in perspective:

"I've never seen a goal like that before,. The ball changed direction and the balloons played a one-two with Michael Ball. But we should not blame the balloons as we should have done better. We asked the fourth official to tell the referee (Alan Wiley) to stop the game and take away the balloons or kill them. But the referee told our goalkeeper Joe Hart to do it during the game which is not fair. You can't ask a player to clear the pitch when the ball is live."

How bad is Georgeous Giorgos? We've (Celtic) have just signed him on loan.

Looks a big lazy sod and takes a back seat when things get rough.

FD

Robbo was one of the reasons I got into United as a kid. We were shite but he ruled the midfield. Legend indeed. :)

How bad is Georgeous Giorgos? We've (Celtic) have just signed him on loan.

Looks a big lazy sod and takes a back seat when things get rough.

FD

Well he came to us with a good reputation, but Pearce soon knocked that out of him, Hes not lazy but if is not going his way his head soon goes down and then you get nothing. If you check out his you tube vids from his days in the dutch leagues he looks a good player with bags of skill unfortunatly ive never witnessed it yet!

See he made a good entrance yesterday....:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCc...ityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=22859

Looks like were getting Benjani in, smells a bit like a panic buy by our Sven and for 9m :shock: Still its better than what we have at the moment and should keeps us going till the summer, thats if he can get in the team after the long awaited return of Sturridge!

Last edited:
Looks like were getting Benjani in, smells a bit like a panic buy by our Sven and for 9m :shock: Still its better than what we have at the moment and should keeps us going till the summer, thats if he can get in the team after the long awaited return of Sturridge!

not sure what happened there, 'arry was set for him to leave...

siddy wanted him...

but he didnt turn up to sign in time...

Seemingly the move is still in the balance but from all the talk it looks like pompey want to push it through more than city, but i suppose they are 8m in the red now :)

Also we picked up this lad Caceido from basel for 5.2 supposed to big strong and fast, not to many goals looking at his record then again hes only 19 and a full internationl...

The Benjani thing is just funny, we dont want him. Pompey dont want him and he cant play for anyone at the moment. The twitchers been at it agin with his dodgy dealing telling everyone who would listen that the defoe deal was done for 7m and was dependent on us, then it comes out they have him on loan...mmmmm!

Derby week it is, with no Elano or Corluka and not in the best of form, has to be the year we break the OT hoodoo! At least Shrek Isnt playing.

Derby week it is, with no Elano or Corluka and not in the best of form, has to be the year we break the OT hoodoo! At least Shrek Isnt playing.

Keep on hoping, you'll need a lot of luck to beat us at Old Trafford - been watching you lot of late and you've been crap to be honest.

You'll always be the second best team in Manchester but that's not a new feeling for Shiteh fans, is it? ;)

I beg to differ the 70s were massive for us and since when have you lot come from Manchester ;) No your completly right though i havnt seen us play well since before christmas apart from patches aginst the barcodes...

Too true, you lot were good in the 70s but I wasn't born until 1979 and we were both crap by the time I got into football by 1986!

lol, 86 cant even call you a glory hunter then!

Mate I was standing in the cold, windy and wet Stretford End in the eighties (my uncle took me to my first football game at Old Trafford when I was 7.) The ground has changed a lot since then, as have the standards of the football, I can tell you!

Tell me about it mate i was born in 78, didnt go to my first city match till 89 and am still waiting for a feckin trophy..(not counting the playoff final ;))

Went to a derby game at Maine Road on two occassions back in the day but have never been to Eastlands, is the atmosphere better or worst there in your opinion?

Far worse, apart from the odd games it mostly quite apart from us South Standers. I so miss the old place for its atmosphere, i always though it was down to where people sat in the old stadium getting spread around the new on but weve been there years now and sadly knowhere near the same!

Anyhow looks like we have pulled one over on Pompey now, Benjani will be announsed today and the deal being only 3.8m! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom