Cc_eoGyWoAAGX3g.jpg

Cc_eoJhW0AAeKHD.jpg

CdEea27W8AAuikk.jpg

^
Gundogan’s uncle

:THINK:

Last edited:
Seluk's new tactic to get Yaya contract renewal

"In the next week we must find a solution about whether Yaya will prolong his contract with City or he will go to another club.
He does not want to play against City with another English club. How can he forget the love City fans have showed him?
They hired a plane with a banner to say ‘Happy Birthday, Yaya.’ He will never forget that
We rejected a huge offer from a Chinese club, the same that bought Ramires, for much more money than Ramires
We don’t want to go there. And we will never go to China. Yaya does not think about money. Yaya thinks about football
He wants to finish at the highest level. The offer from China was more than double what he earns at City
He prefers to stay at City. He likes the fans and town. His heart is in Manchester where his brother Ibrahim died in a hospital
If he signs a new contract he will give £1m from his salary every year to the hospital where his brother was treated"

He has no self awareness at all

Time to make Kompany player-manager

The one quality Utd have is pace upfront and MP yet again picks his past-it pal, Demichelis.
I and many blues were moaning about it when the teams were announced but few could foresee just how bad it would go. To let Rashford fly past him is just standard, to then give away a blatant pen was always likely but to then injure Hart for 6 weeks ahahahaha! :LOL:
Genius, Manuel! I thought us going out there vs Leicester as tho we had no clue they were a counter attacking team was awesome but choosing Demi over Sagna today was, in the words of Martin Tyler, "STUPENDOUS!". It's sure to be up there in the managerial annals alongside picking Fernando and Toure in a midfield 2 with Demi and Mangala behind vs a Jurgen Klopp team and the beautifully thought out grandmaster move of playing 442 vs Pep's 4-6-0 Bayern.

Last 20 PL games - 30% winrate.

He has to go. Now.

Last edited:
read that pep wants to dump kompany so he can appoint his own captain/maybe persuade someone to sign with the captaincy

Pep will need to dump 2/3 of that team... of course Liverpool lost today, but that City team, after spending nearly bilion (!) is shite... even Godotelli has to agree..

The squad cost 400m so not sure where a billion comes from but, yes, even tho it's nowhere near as bad as Pellegrini is making it look, the team needs a mini-revolution. This core is coming to the end but it's a phasing job for them. Hart, Kompany (if fit), Silva, Aguero still have a central part to play. They need younger players around them.

Have to buy 4 or 5 players for the starting lineup imo, a CB, a LB, 2 CM and an inside right forward, and bring back Denayer for RB and CB cover.
Players like Sagna/Zaba, Clichy, Fernandinho need to become more squad players and the likes of Fernando, Toure, Navas, Bony need to go. Couple more youth players like the Garcia boys could come into the fold more too

But I trust Pep to sort it out. Can't we just fastforward 3 months?

Last edited:
i think otamendi once properly paired with kompany should work well. demichelis and mangala have made otamendi look worse than he is this season. ridiculous how much city spent on mangala, even if he was considered a good cb at the time and a prospect he's been a farce almost every game he's played.

i reckon guardiola will try to bring bernat and thiago with him so that could be the new lb and one of the cms. for the other one gündogan should be an obvious candidate.

Last edited:
Kompany - frontfoot and backfoot defender
Otamendi - frontfoot
Mangala - frontfoot
(Demichelis - past it)

That's probably why when paired with Kompany they both look decent. Personally I prefer Otamendi. The majority of his playing time here he has been excellent. For 89mins he can look the best CB in world football but then he does something stupid - usually positionally where he then has to throw himself into a desperate lunge and he's out of the game. Can that be coached out of him with defensive organisational drills? Pep tweaked Puyol's game for the better, Boateng's too, so maybe.

Something like:
Bernat, Laporte, Gundogan, Thiago, James Rodriguez

would be great, but then the way things are going we're not going to be in the CL so it's unlikely we'll get everyone we want (plus I doubt Bayern would be willing to do business with us given that we've nabbed their manager).
Even Gundogan, a transfer that looks likely, may decide to stay with BvB and play CL, and who could blame him?.
We should have acted weeks ago and brought Benitez in

Imo you should pair Kompany with Denayer.
I've seen Denayer with our national side a couple of times and he was very impressive...

In Belgium there are more and more people who think we should play both Vertonghen and Alderweireld as CB's and put Kompany on the bench. But Wilmots will never do that.

The squad cost 400m so not sure where a billion comes from but, yes, even tho it's nowhere near as bad as Pellegrini is making it look, the team needs a mini-revolution. This core is coming to the end but it's a phasing job for them. Hart, Kompany (if fit), Silva, Aguero still have a central part to play.
De Bruyne?

De Bruyne?

Was just referring to the long term spine over the last 5 years

(Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Aguero)

KDB will in all likelihood be part of the new spine

Imo you should pair Kompany with Denayer.
I've seen Denayer with our national side a couple of times and he was very impressive...

In Belgium there are more and more people who think we should play both Vertonghen and Alderweireld as CB's and put Kompany on the bench. But Wilmots will never do that.

Given Kompany's injuries I doubt Wilmots will have a choice

Denayer does look good. Pace, power, technical ability, crisp passer. Looking forward to seeing him in the team next season. He's playing a lot at RB for Galatasaray and doing well

Last edited:
Fernando, you silly boy! Dat first touch

Didn't play anywhere near our best but decent 1st leg result. Would have taken 2-2 before kick off.

Fernandinho very good, as he usually is.

PSG without Luiz, Verratti, Matuidi and Pastore for the 2nd leg and Kompany and Toure might be available again

lets-do-this-shit.jpg

What a match - so much excitement! Had forgotten what that was like...thanks Louis.

Really weird result, I feel City were both unlucky and lucky to come away 2-2. Still, great away result in Europe and with that card happy ref, PSG won't have a midfield next leg.

We need to talk about Kevin...

-15 goals and 14 assists in 35 Appearances (2572 minutes) for City
-Scored or Assisted a goal every 88.68 mins - the best of any English club player

Cost £54m, yes, but what a machine. And he's only going to get better.

Do Genk have any other gems? :D

Last edited:
Yes, Leon Bailey.
He is compared to Kevin by Genk players who played with the both of them.
And last season there was Milenkovic Savic who now plays for Lazio Roma.

The examples of Kevin, Courtois, Benteke, Origi and Carrasco have attracted plenty of other bright young prospects to Genk.
Our under 17 team national team ended third in the World Cup in Chili lat year. Seven of the 23 players were Genk players.

Last edited:
Good result to end a good week. That should deflate a few Utd/WHU fans who will have been half expecting us to drop points today

KDB ruthless again.

De Bruyne... there is class in every move he makes.... he is a complete player already... can win things for City and Belgium this guy...

I didn't think he was as good as he has proven thus far, got to be honest. In midfield players you rarely see such a mix of goals and assists

Ozil and Lampard are/were 2 players who excel/led in one or the other

Obviously they're not totally defined by that 1 attribute, Lampard was decent defensively too, for example. But, speaking generally, in De Bruyne I see both the final pass guy and the goalscorer.

The one area of his game where he could improve is his playmaking in deeper areas, more in the Iniesta/Silva mould than the Ozil mould. Asking him to add that to his game would probably just be greedy tho :D

Looking forward to seeing him working under Guardiola.
I hope he is kept centrally more often than not tho. He's very 2 footed so when he's driving at the opposition through the middle it's difficult to tell which way he's going to go, whereas when he's out wide if he's going to shoot you know he has to go one way.

Would be great to see him fire Belgium to Euro glory (if England can't win it).

So The Guardian saying the following players are uncertain of having a future at City:
  • Pablo Zabaleta
  • Yaya Touré
  • Bacary Sagna
  • Fernandinho
  • Jésus Navas
  • Willy Caballero

I'd keep Fernandinho, Zabaleta en Caballero. Sell Touré on the cheap so you get rid of that contract (also allowing more teams to be able to get him for not a lot and instead give him a big signing bonus). Navas could probably go back to Spain. Sagna I can see becoming back-up at PSG as they'll probably get rid of Van der Wiel.

All in all will be a big overhaul. Expecting Kolarov, Bony, Jovetić, Džeko, Fernando, Demichelis and Zuculini to leave/not come back as well.

Back
Top Bottom