Manchester City Thread

Mancini won a difficult league against Ferguson, but he always failed miserably in the CL.

With Pellegrini at least you always seem to get out of the group stages

That's a litle bit exagerated, but that never should have been a penalty. I agree with that.

Just before City's equaliser, the officials gave City a throw-in when your young Nigerian goal scorer touched the ball last and not Moussa...if that was given correctly, you would neverhave equalised.

We have a lucky season, much is going our way (except the first match of the season) for example also that Payet was injured when we had to play West Ham who were on a terrific run...

But honestly, City aren't good enough to win it...they haven't won a single match against a top 6 side...

That's a litle bit exagerated, but that never should have been a penalty. I agree with that.

Just before City's equaliser, the officials gave City a throw-in when your young Nigerian goal scorer touched the ball last and not Moussa...if that was given correctly, you would neverhave equalised.

We have a lucky season, much is going our way (except the first match of the season) for example also that Payet was injured when we had to play West Ham who were on a terrific run...

But honestly, City aren't good enough to win it...they haven't won a single match against a top 6 side...

:CONFUSE::((:YES:
one job! :SHAKE:

We might not win it (tho with Leicester losing we're still only 6 pts off) but it would be a more likely task if we were now on 48 pts and Spurs on 49.

I thought for once our apparent gameplan today was decent. Keep it tight, allow Spurs to run themselves out and then step it up later in the game. But because Sterling has arms in his ribcage according to Twattenberg we were forced to go gungho too early and in the end got caught

We might not win it (tho with Leicester losing we're still only 6 pts off) but it would be a more likely task if we were now on 48 pts and Spurs on 49.

I thought for once our apparent gameplan today was decent. Keep it tight, allow Spurs to run themselves out and then step it up later in the game. But because Sterling has arms in his ribcage according to Twattenberg we were forced to go gungho too early and in the end got caught
Is there actually a replay which clearly shows that it hit Sterling on the ribbon and not the arm? On German TV (World Feed) they showed two different perspectives, from one it looked like the Arm and on the other like the ribbons.

I'm pretty sure it should never has been a penalty (and i'm a Spurs fan).

But what people forget is that City equalised and that afterwards Spurs scored another goal.

One could argue that a draw would have been a fairer result, but City let that slip away too and Eriksen's winner was a very good goal.

Not loosing the match was more important for both teams than trying to win. One could understand that from Spurs: young team having got 18 goals against in the last 6 matches against City, being the away team...

I don't understand that from City: being the home team, having scored 18 goals in the last 6 matches against Spurs, being the big title favourites, and having lost against Leicester...

It's the kind of situation that was impossible to avoid - unless the player had a missing left arm. And his arm wasn't even outstretched!

I'm pretty sure it should never has been a penalty (and i'm a Spurs fan).

But what people forget is that City equalised and that afterwards Spurs scored another goal.

One could argue that a draw would have been a fairer result, but City let that slip away too and Eriksen's winner was a very good goal.

Not loosing the match was more important for both teams than trying to win. One could understand that from Spurs: young team having got 18 goals against in the last 6 matches against City, being the away team...

I don't understand that from City: being the home team, having scored 18 goals in the last 6 matches against Spurs, being the big title favourites, and having lost against Leicester...

From another camera angle it definitely looked like it hit his arm. Also balls don't just stop the same way it did without hitting the arm. If it was just his ribs it would've rebounded completely differently.

Lamela waltzed into the area Fernando would have been occupying had we not had to sacrifice him in order to claw back the game from Twattenberg

Seemed pretty obvious to me that our game plan was to keep it tight and exploit the fatigue of the Spurs players later in the game. That went flying out of the window tho with Wigman's penchant for the underdog in a titlerace. He fucked us at Anfield in 13/14 without success but this time he may have got his wish. Watch out, Arsenal.

Lamela waltzed into the area Fernando would have been occupying had we not had to sacrifice him in order to claw back the game from Twattenberg

Seemed pretty obvious to me that our game plan was to keep it tight and exploit the fatigue of the Spurs players later in the game. That went flying out of the window tho with Wigman's penchant for the underdog in a titlerace. He fucked us at Anfield in 13/14 without success but this time he may have got his wish. Watch out, Arsenal.

But you can't put it all on him. Aguero was horrible. If he was on the top of his game he would've scored at least 1 or 2. You depended a lot on him and he wasted every chance.

Spurs players weren't exactly fatigued at the end of the match.
Anyway, Spurs might have stolen two points yesterday, imo City is massively underachieving this season.

Pep will immediately ship out Yaya Touré to China...

Well , we can all agree on , whoever wins the title is worthy of the title. I still think MCity will turn the corner and get a few results their way. I think at this point results are all that matter - penalties, red cards , off side goals are all part of it. Mutd use to win it by mental strength alone . I'm glad we're not playing Liverpool they are a hungry bear atm!

We need to beat Liverpool at Anfield to stand any chance. But we never win there (game raising bastards :RANT: ) and that's unlikely to change with Pellegrini having less tactical nous than Klopp has in one of his teeth.

We can go on a 10 game winning streak but it's more likely that we'll go on a 6 game losing streak after these 2 defeats, we play

Chelsea FAC - a game we're basically forfeiting by playing kids due to it being a day before we fly to Kiev

Kiev - Could easily lose away there even if we end up going through anyway

Liverpool LC Final - Pellegrini is Klopp's bitch

Liverpool away PL - see above.

I get more of a vibe from last season where we went on a disastrous run, one which we only woke from after the defeat to Utd, than I do of title winning years. Pellegrini has taken us backwards each season he has been here, and that's despite spending an avg of 100m a season!

Last edited:
SitecoreImage

What was supposed to be the 'tie of the round'

Good job, BBC/FA/CFC.

To be fair, with the resources available to them, I don't see how City can hope to compete on a few fronts. Maybe if they'd been able to build out their squad with some decent spend, then okay. But asking them to play in a few competitions in a week is just harsh on such a wealth-starved club.

That's funny coming from you given you're constantly moaning about injuries lol

We have 11 fit outfield players and then fly to Kiev for the Champions League in the morning and then we have a Cup Final at the weekend.

Meanwhile other European teams get to play on a friday to help them in europe.

-------

Kids have done alright tho. Pity our oldest player lets them down by just leaving Costa alone in the 6 yard box

You have matches Sunday - Wednesday - Sunday after having had 1 match in 15 days.

That's hardly that bad. It's far better than the Xmas period.

I'm fine with throwing away a competition, but City were talking about the quadruble quite recently - then throw that team out. Hard to reconcile the two.

Think Adarabioyo defended very well even if he gave the ball away too often.

Aleix Garcia did well, whilst not spraying the ball across the pitch as he usually does at U18/U21 level, he kept the ball (90% competition rate from 70 passes) and made quite a lot of interceptions.

Manu Garcia, who I really rate, struggled abit with the physical demands of being out of possession for long periods but when he got on the ball he played some nice stuff playing out of position

Celina never got into the game, sadly.

Faupala, who isn't even a regular for the U21s atm, looked somewhat at home thanks to his physique.

Nice to see Humphreys and Barker on. We ended the game with 3 Mancunians. Probably have to go back to the 90's to find the last time that happened.

Pity that Caballero and Demichelis were absolutely atrocious. Kolarov wasn't much better either and Fernando made a great assist for Cahill.(All 4 will be gone in the summer, thank fuck)
If we had started with Hart, Kompany and Clichy in the backline instead of those 3 we might have still been in the game late on

Last edited:
Cheers :BEER:
I feel bad for slaughtering Caballero now. Willy really rose to the occasion :D

Soooo good to have Kompany back. What a player, leader, man!

Last edited:
Watching City u18s vs Chelsea u18s (3 -3 atm) for the national championship and we have a 16 yr old lad called Brahim Diaz who is the best talent I've seen at youth level. Dare I say it, Messi-esque

...and he's just scored the 4th!

Last edited:
Barca really wanted him but his agent is Pere Guardiola so perhaps the talk of Pep agreeing to City years ago is true

He's all the more impressive because he's playing against arguably the best late-teens youth side in the world in Chelsea and he's only 16.

Tom Dele in CM and Jadon Sancho on the left, who both came on at HT, look talents too. Very smooth on the ball.
Just wish all 3 were a few years older so we might see them in and around the first team sooner.

------------

Snowed in today so couldn't get to the Villa game. We were absolute garbage in the 1st half, 80% possession but no tempo at all. Why do we always start off slow?? Against a better side we could have dropped points today.
Luckily we upped the pace in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom