Manchester City Thread

Blk Friday exclusive!

CQybbaPW8AASceh.jpg

:P

looks about right.
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/679779498041196545

I love it this should give Pelligrini motive :LOL:

I agree with Wenger here that its seriously questionable behavior by Pep and the other parties involved in unsettling not one but two teams when we re only about halfway through the season.

Bayern wanted to extend Pep's contract, he said no. Bayern then secured the deal with Ancelotti, who is currently a free agent. No club was "unsettled" there. Unless Wenger is actually implying Bayern deliberately unsettled themselves, which would be completely nonsensical.

And this situation isn't similar to Jupp Heynckes' at all. He declared as early as August 2012 that he would end his career as a coach on top of being on his last contractually agreed on year anyway. Bayern only tried to secure a deal with Guardiola AFTER they were informed by Heynckes' he wouldn't re-sign.

-There's been calls by many City fans for years to return to the old badge. I like the eagle (not the stars tho!) personally but many don't.
-The rest of the City Football Group has circular badges so returning to the old style fits better in that respect.
-Knowing we'd want a circular badge anyway, the club let the fans help redesign it.

These are the badges of the past
Manchester-City-history-badges.png

We've also worn the Manchester Coat of Arms and our very early badge prior to being known as Manchester City was the Maltese style Cross
St_Marks_1884.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap! The eagle looked pretty nice actually, but it could be considered a bit generic. The new logo looks really good IMO, like a modern revision of the older one.

Shame. I liked the Eagle. Looked pretty slick and was one of the more eye-catching ones in my opinion!

The three star's were embarrassing though, its just to rebrand them like Chelsea did with their new badge, the old badge has memories and ties to them being a midtable team.

It also has memories of Mercer and Big Mal and players like Bell, Lee, Summerbee. Admittedly not for me because I wasn't alive back then.

The eagle does look slick but, whilst I believe there is a history of an eagle on the Manchester Council crest, it had never been associated with the club before '97.
The Eagle badge also doesn't even have our name on it so I'm glad we've changed if only for that reason. The new badge really makes the name stand out which is good.
I'm also glad the lancashire rose is back because simply aesthetically it makes the badge 'pop', which beyond sentimental reasons is why I always preferred the previous badge.
The fact that the club, for CFG branding reasons, and the majority of fans wanted a return to the round badge meant there really wasn't any place for the eagle anyway.
Glad the latin motto is gone too, 'Pride in Battle' had nowt to do with the club. If any motto was relevant to the club it'd be "We Fight till the End", at least it'd be an organic motto ...that or "Typical City" :P

The new badge has the most important elements historically speaking
The 3 rivers, without them Manchester wouldn't even exist.
The Ship, representing the trade links which Manchester grew from
The Rose, representing the ties to Lancashire, also on the CoA.
The founding year, 1894, the first appearance on a City badge
And the name.

All these things were voted on by fans, which is the first time I'm aware of a club doing that.

All in all I like it. Would have preferred the navy blue to be darker or black but it's a nitpick

Just nice that outside of Mangala that's the biggest concern I have with City atm :COOL:

Last edited:
I can only assume Aquero + Silvas need more games for sharpness. Vardy had the best chance from my recollection but to rush out his shot like that was so abnormal from him. I bet Fernandinho was relieved to be let off the hook( he gave Vardy the ball).

Should have had a pen.

Silva might not be properly match fit but taking him off was a mistake, he still links the midfield and attack. After he went off we didn't do much.

Otamendi played well but he better not do that sniper shit again

Lack of goals away from home is a concern. We move the ball too slowly when we have a chance to break. Really annoying to watch

Last edited:
We have now played 9 of the top 11 away from home. We travel to only WHU and LFC of the teams currently placed in the top 12

We really should be a few points ahead of the pack right now, looking at the fixtures thinking we'll have it sewn up in March but, hey, it wouldn't be very City to do things easy - as we saw today.

Aguero needs to stay fit now :PRAY:

Back
Top Bottom