Manchester City Thread

Utterly ridiculous about that fine.

Frank, about De Bruyne and our national team: you must be blind.
Since 3 years he isby far our most important player, forget Hazard and Kompany. De Bruyne, Nainggolan and Mertens are the important players.

We just need a half decent national coach...

Oh and UJ, don't worry about godotelli, i've put him on ignore for months now...that makes life considerably easier.

Haha i'm not gonna go that far gerd, sometimes it's funny to read his nonsense. I enjoyed that one though, as their average last season was just 900 more than Anfield for example.

Last edited:
Just gonna point out here that City's average attendance has only been higher than Liverpool's for about the last 5 years, not "over a decade" like you claimed here.

Think you've ahem... slipped up there. What you mean is 9 out of the last 14 seasons.

Oh and UJ, don't worry about godotelli, i've put him on ignore for months now...that makes life considerably easier.

Sometimes I contemplate putting you on ignore, but can be quite entertaining seeing you go around telling people off and posting contradictory posts in different threads.

Last edited:
Think you've ahem... slipped up there. What you mean is 9 out of the last 14 seasons.

I counted 8 of the last 19. Not quite your original statement of having a higher average for over a decade is it? In fact you've only had a higher average in 6 of the last 10 years, and lets not forget that City have had a bigger stadium than Liverpool since 2003.

Frank, about De Bruyne and our national team: you must be blind.
Since 3 years he isby far our most important player, forget Hazard and Kompany. De Bruyne, Nainggolan and Mertens are the important players.

We'll agree to disagree, never impressed with him and I saw a few games as he was up against Scotland, and didn't think he stood out overly much against us and we're bang average. Same with Wales in the last campaign, WC for me Belgium as a whole just never impressed me at all.

You may well be right over the course of things, just what I've saw of him, nowt special. I could easily change my mind now as I'll see a bit more of him now.

I think Utd will beat us so not much motivation to joke around. Wouldn't be surprised if Utd did to us what you did to them :(

No Silva or even Nasri = no sustained pressure = counter attack being best tactic, esp. with pace and directness of RS,JN,KDB

...but Pellegrini never sets us up for that.

Also expect us to basically play 442 and to get outnumbered in CM again. Sterling might play just off Bony but it'll basically be 442.

With our full strength team we beat them majority of the time but with the the spine ripped out of our attack and a tactically inept manager I'd Suarez you for a draw

I'd play
---------------Hart
Zabaleta--Kompany--Mangala---Sagna
----------Dinho---Otamendi
---------------Toure
------Navas--Sterling--De Bruyne

and sit deep, entice Utd on, win the ball back, and then give it Yaya to feed the front 3.
Wouldn't start with Fernando and Toure in the same midfield, too easy to pass around, so I'd play Otamendi there.

Last edited:
We'll agree to disagree, never impressed with him and I saw a few games as he was up against Scotland, and didn't think he stood out overly much against us and we're bang average. Same with Wales in the last campaign, WC for me Belgium as a whole just never impressed me at all.

You may well be right over the course of things, just what I've saw of him, nowt special. I could easily change my mind now as I'll see a bit more of him now.

I'm biased, Frank...he's my favourite player...

Well Godo, hopefully Rooney shows up for us for once this season otherwise we ll both play without our most seasoned striker. KDB seems to be in super mode atm and I can't think of any of our players that can say the same (Herrera maybe..?). Either this will be an awesome game for one of us, or a goalless dull waste of a Sunday. First to score to win this one.

He's turning into a beautiful young man, as a certain Nothern-Irishman has said. ;)

Bony being let down by our wide players. Would have thought it'd be the reverse.

I'd swap KDB and Sterling. Kolarov can distract Valencia for KDB to get some shots in

Well, being on top at this stage invites unwanted pressure ;) MCity wins w/ a draw...that Ramsey goal vs. Liverpool is already effecting the table.

Back
Top Bottom