Manchester City Thread

I think they'll still win it but it might make things a little more interesting.

Arsenal don't have the depth or the consistency to last the distance, United don't have the depth to sustain a challenge when the games start coming thick and fast.

Well, if no one consistent enough it makes an interesting season. We suppose to have more clarity after the 10th match. Injuries plays its dues, but it shouldn't define the clubs outcome. I don't think Arsenal will make the group knockout stage CL. I w'd be happy for them to be in the hunt towards the end , they only spend £11m this season it's embarrassing.

Can't believe Belgium are going to risk Kompany in what is a pointless game. Last thing we need is a setback in his recovery

If we're still top or thereabouts come Christmas/New Year we should be OK, but I can see us dropping a lot of points over the next couple of months with these injuries.

fuck the premier league for injuring players for our important qualifying games vs estonia and lithuania.

Platini just can't catch a break atm :CRY:

Manchester City post net profit of £10.7m for 2014-15 season
By Ben Smith
BBC Sport

Manchester City have posted a net profit for the first time since Sheikh Mansour bought the club in 2008.

The Premier League leaders' annual financial figures show they made a profit of £10.7m in the 2014-15 season.

That is despite having to pay some £16m in fines for failing to meet Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

City, who posted a loss of £22.9m during the 2013-14 season, saw annual revenue grow for the seventh straight year - to £351.8m.

It is the first time the club's revenue has broken the £350m barrier.

Despite match day revenue falling last season, largely due to the club's early exit from the League Cup and ongoing stadium improvements, City say the club is now valued at £676m.

City also announced they had reduced their wage bill for a second successive year, down to £193.5m compared to £205m for the 2013-14 season.

Manchester United spent £203m on wages last season, while Arsenal spent £192.2m. The most recent figures for Chelsea's wage bill are £192.7m for the 2013-14 season.

"To put things in their simplest terms, we are now a profitable business with no debt and no outstanding restrictions," said City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

"Our transition to profitability has been a long-planned milestone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElW8wwZUDFo

The question no one was able to answer (raised by Swiss Ramble, not me) is that City's profitability is based on about 110m of commercial revenue that has no explanation. It's outside the Emirates deal, but wasn't explained in the earnings report. Just 'other commercial activities'.

Still, can't knock the business model. After investing about 1bn, they've made 10m profit! Crushing it. I mean, if you'd put that 1bn in the stock market when they bought city (or hell into US treasury bonds) you'd of made a multiple of that, but hey, rich play things are far more exciting!

As for Platini...PSG are abusing this model far more, and that's within his own house!

As for Platini, we all know now that he is a fraud, even i am aware of that now.
IMO it was a good thing that a former football player became boss of UEFA...of course i was totally wrong.

This is off-topic (sorry), but the fans should have some power within both FIFA and UEFA. We as fans spend the money, so we should participate when decisions are taken...

Of course this is utopic.

I hope you're mixing some tequila in with all that salty bitterness, Beach :SMUG:

Anyone can look on City's website and find a few of the club's commercial partners

Last edited:
I hope you're mixing some tequila in with all that salty bitterness, Beach :SMUG:

Anyone can look on City's website and find a few of the club's commercial partners

Oh my, why didn't someone think of that? A couple jpeg logos on the website covers that? Well then.

Listen City is many wonderful things: Best squad in the league. Probably best player. Most dramatic title win in our lifetimes. Play the best football in the league by a mile when on song. All great things.

But it is not a financially viable enterprise on its own two feet. It is a subsidised plaything of the uber-rich - ones with rather questionable human rights records.

Pretending City have made a profit is almost hilarious. Almost. It's like Chelsea saying they're debt free. Despite their holding company owing Abramovich almost 900m pounds. Technically true, but against the spirit of the word.

How many clubs lay bare their commercial deals in their annual report? The point of going on the website is to see that UAE deals are only a percentage of the club's partners. City have around 40 different deals, including the likes of Nissan, Nike, Citibank, LG, SuisseGas and so on

Of course, you can wave it all off as secret funnelling of money by Mansour, it's obvious that no business outside of the UAE would want to be associated with the best team in the biggest league in the world these past 5 years, one guaranteed to play CL every year, and one which owns clubs on multiple continents :SMUG:

Last edited:
When we (= Spurs) will ever win something during my liftime, that will be absolutely magnificent...until then...there is always hope...perennial hope.

How many clubs lay bare their commercial deals in their annual report? The point of going on the website is to see that UAE deals are only a percentage of the club's partners. City have around 40 different deals, including the likes of Nissan, Nike, Citibank, LG, SuisseGas and so on

Of course, you can wave it all off as secret funnelling of money by Mansour, it's obvious that no business outside of the UAE would want to be associated with the best team in the biggest league in the world these past 5 years, one guaranteed to play CL every year, and one which owns clubs on multiple continents :SMUG:

So City: a club with lower attendances, lower worldwide fanbase, lower international draw and lower prestige would be - as a standalone business - able to spend significantly more on transfers and wages than both, for example, Liverpool and Arsenal? More than, I don't know, a little club like Bayern Munich? And still post a little profit?

Sure. Okay. Cool. Must be that sky blue shirt colour.

So City: a club with lower attendances, lower worldwide fanbase, lower international draw and lower prestige would be - as a standalone business - able to spend significantly more on transfers and wages than both, for example, Liverpool and Arsenal? More than, I don't know, a little club like Bayern Munich? And still post a little profit?

LOL

Liverpool? That's funny. What year do you think it is?
-We've had higher attendances than them for over a decade (and Arsenal before they moved)
-Lower draw/prestige? Pretty sure business would rather be associated with a PL winning team and guaranteed CL entrant than LFC. LFC might have a larger global fanbase but businesses are more interested in global advertisement, being associated with success than full kit wankers.
If winning a lot decades ago meant gaining higher commercial revenue than successful teams of successful leagues in the present, Ajax and Milan would be signing half the players who end up in the PL

Arsenal could spend more but don't.

And Bayern's commercial revenue dwarfs pretty much everyone's. They do still only play in the Bundesliga tho

Last edited:
Just what Sterling needed. Good 2nd goal.
De Bruyne another assist and unlucky not to score. Good save by the GK
Bony was ok.
Harsh by the lino to snatch Iheanacho's 2nd professional goal from him.

Was only Bournemouth tho. Would take a draw at OT with the team we have available, esp. after LVG has remembered he has Herrera

UEFA Mafia charging City because a section of fans boo the CL anthem
Brilliant stuff :APPLAUD:
Must be trying to fund Platini's 'retirement' gift

Wow. That can't be real, right?
I hope the anthem will be completely drowned out by boos from now on in every stadium. Bunch of wannabe fascist dictators.

Kevin is already delivering big time...if i'm not mistaken he already produced 5 goals and 5 assists.

Eat your heart out José...

Tbh I was never impressed for him, especially for Belgium, not that I was watching all their games.

I never saw much of him at Wolfsburg though, has look impressive of what I've saw of City though.

Mind you, how City won last night I'll never know. Sevilla who are struggling big time and got a wad of injuries totally outclassed them. City really need to pull the finger out in Europe. I do think they'll possibly go on to win that group though, every team are struggling domestically and having a bit of a mare, so surely City won't blow it this year.

Liverpool? That's funny. What year do you think it is?
-We've had higher attendances than them for over a decade (and Arsenal before they moved)
-Lower draw/prestige? Pretty sure business would rather be associated with a PL winning team and guaranteed CL entrant than LFC. LFC might have a larger global fanbase but businesses are more interested in global advertisement, being associated with success than full kit wankers.
If winning a lot decades ago meant gaining higher commercial revenue than successful teams of successful leagues in the present, Ajax and Milan would be signing half the players who end up in the PL

Arsenal could spend more but don't.

And Bayern's commercial revenue dwarfs pretty much everyone's. They do still only play in the Bundesliga tho

Just gonna point out here that City's average attendance has only been higher than Liverpool's for about the last 5 years, not "over a decade" like you claimed here.

On another note, anyone else think it's utterly ridiculous that UEFA are starting disciplinary proceedings against the club because the fans booed the UEFA anthem? Especially as Liverpool fans used to do pretty much the same, although we usually just try to sing over it, same goes for the national anthem.

I guess they're saying they are disrespecting the tournament and obviously UEFA, which is kinda understandable going by what is happening.

Celtic were fined due to a banner directed at UEFA.

FD

Utterly ridiculous about that fine.

Frank, about De Bruyne and our national team: you must be blind.
Since 3 years he isby far our most important player, forget Hazard and Kompany. De Bruyne, Nainggolan and Mertens are the important players.

We just need a half decent national coach...

Oh and UJ, don't worry about godotelli, i've put him on ignore for months now...that makes life considerably easier.

Kevin is already delivering big time...if i'm not mistaken he already produced 5 goals and 5 assists.

Eat your heart out José...

What's with all these Hazard rumours about leaving Chelsea? Mourinho is really on a down hill spiral. I'm not enjoying this like I thought I would... Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom